What questions does Stidham have left to answer?

aubiefifty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer the OP:

Stidham has only one question left to answer, can he deliver against the likes of the LSU, uga, and bama defenses?  We'll find out soon enough. I hope the answer is not just yes, but OH HECK YES!!!!!!

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This is what has endeared SW to a large segment of the AUfamily, and I must say is my favorite SW trait. 

True and Agree.  However Stidham is the better QB and will be named starter soon.  Sean is a great backup and hope he keeps his mind right and ready.  

Just now, corchjay said:

True and Agree.  However Stidham is the better QB and will be named starter soon.  Sean is a great backup and hope he keeps his mind right and ready.  

No doubt.

I was highly confident JS would be starter the moment we signed him. Any sliver of doubt was removed in the Spring game. JS just simply has tools SW doesn't have. The deep ball and his mobility to name a few.  

I hated to hear that SW is still struggling with his arm injuries.  JS still would have easily beaten out a 100% healthy SW, but a healthy SW would probably be the best back up QB in the SEC!  (I absolutely love SW's grit. But his grit and his injuries are very closely related☹️)

7 hours ago, alexava said:

I mean even in grocery stores. a friend moved out near San Antonio. He and i both smoke butts often or used to then. He said not every grocery store carries them. just bacon and ham.

I can usually find butts and baby backs at the store, but to get them cooked correctly, I definitely have to smoke 'em myself.  It's ok though.  I enjoy it.

Were ints bad passes? Wrong receiver route? There's more than one legit Q Gus could be mulling over - like do you go with the guy with videogame -like completion % when he's healthy & not in a 3 QB rotation on game day? Or the guy that looks complete in practice and looked great for Baylor against Kansas, Lamar, Kansas State & lowa State? Both candidates have a history of getting seriously hurt when playing the big boys.

Oh well, JS is probably a done deal already.

19 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Were ints bad passes? Wrong receiver route? There's more than one legit Q Gus could be mulling over - like do you go with the guy with videogame -like completion % when he's healthy & not in a 3 QB rotation on game day? Or the guy that looks complete in practice and looked great for Baylor against Kansas, Lamar, Kansas State & lowa State? Both candidates have a history of getting seriously hurt when playing the big boys.

Oh well, JS is probably a done deal already.

How about the guy who gives us the best chance to win without an agenda?

pretty damn simple.

BTW , the other guy had a 68% completion rating before he succumbed to an injury . 

9 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Are there actually people on this board who believe SW should start? Lol..

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/157452-sean-white-not-quitting-just-yet/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-2686242

On 7/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, CleCoTiger said:

The smart money says Stidham starts.  I'm going with the long odds. White is a gamer, the team loves him and I think it's 50/50 that he wins the job outright in fall camp.

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I don't think there are any (if any) that feel SW should be the starter.

Wrong.

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

There are many on this board however, that are still backside hurt that Sean beat out Jeremy Johnson, and did a good job, (not Heisman Trophy great, but good) until he was injured.

White didn't beat out Johnson. Johnson and his 7 turnovers in his first 3 games beat out Johnson.

36 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Or the guy that looks complete in practice and looked great for Baylor against Kansas, Lamar, Kansas State & lowa State?

Conveniently left out 2 of the 3 games he started, #12 OU and #6 OK St.

10 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Wrong.

White didn't beat out Johnson. Johnson and his 7 turnovers in his first 3 games beat out Johnson.

Johnson had 7 turnovers in his first 3 games then White bet him out and was named the starter. 

For your own sake, give it up and move on.

12 hours ago, DAG said:

How about the guy who gives us the best chance to win without an agenda?

pretty damn simple.

BTW , the other guy had a 68% completion rating before he succumbed to an injury . 

No doubt. "Agenda"...interesting.

12 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Conveniently left out 2 of the 3 games he started, #12 OU and #6 OK St.

Those are the "big boys" against whom he got hurt - as I said. I did however leave out juggernauts SMU, Rice, Tex Tech & W.Va. Relax, the thread chain is "what could Gus be questioning" and these are simply things...he could be questioning. No? Okay. Nothing more to see here.

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Those are the "big boys" against whom he got hurt - as I said. I did however leave out juggernauts SMU, Rice, Tex Tech & W.Va. Relax, the thread chain is "what could Gus be questioning" and these are simply things...he could be questioning. No? Okay. Nothing more to see here.

Get over it man. JS is starting.

On 8/13/2017 at 9:09 AM, bigbird said:
On 8/12/2017 at 0:46 PM, ValleyTiger said:

Texas BBQ or Alabama BBQ....:popcorn:

Texas

Kansas City... hands down. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Get over it man. JS is starting.

The thread isn't who SHOULD be starting, it's what COULD Gus Malzahn be questioning. Get over yourself.

8 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

The thread isn't who SHOULD be starting, it's what COULD Gus Malzahn be questioning. Get over yourself.

It's actually what does Stidham have to answer? Has nothing to do with what Gus should be mulling over. No wonder you seem lost. The stuff you are posting has no relevance to what is currently going on at AU. Him playing against Lamar has zero to do with anything at this point, nor does SW QB completion percentage.

On 8/12/2017 at 1:46 PM, ValleyTiger said:

Texas BBQ or Alabama BBQ....:popcorn:

On 8/13/2017 at 10:09 AM, bigbird said:

Texas

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Kansas City... hands down. 

I won't get between Bird and Lion on this one, but no matter which one is right, everybody else is wrong. 

Then there's that whole thing where an answer must be preceded by a question. Confused? That's ok, paying  attention in 4th grade isn't a prerequisite to forum posting. (You didn't brush all the Doritos off your belly btw).

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Then there's that whole thing where an answer must be preceded by a question. Confused? That's ok, paying  attention in 4th grade isn't a prerequisite to forum posting. (You didn't brush all the Doritos off your belly btw).

Clearly you don't watch Jeopardy. :tease:

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The correct answer is Mongolian, obviously. 

You just pissed off any resident Koreans.

BBQ is so important and beautiful. 

Archived