scrimmage updates?

gr82b4au

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Stidham and white both had a very good scrimmage but that's all I know 

edit: *are having. Isn't over yet 

We'll know the real story in about a week..

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Stidham is clear #1.  Willis putting pressure on White for #2.  

When I heard two QBs were doing great I figured stidham and white. Willis could be the other one instead of white 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White isn't throwing any long balls. Stidham is balling out. Willis has looked pretty good. D doing ok. 

From someone who is there. 

Is it just me or is there a chance White could lose the backup position to Willis? Sounds like White has whiffed the last couple of scrimmages. Edit: you answered my question with a subsequent post. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

From another...... Both Willis and Stidham balled out. Willis is pushing White for the 2nd spot. 

Let's go ahead and get this naming the starter nonsense over with.

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Is it just me or is there a chance White could lose the backup position to Willis? Sounds like White has whiffed the last couple of scrimmages. 

Idk, when healthy White proved to be one of the most accurate passers in the country against elite competition and he has in-game-experience. You won't see Willis overtake him as the 2nd man up, at least the coaches won't say that publically, but maybe privately. We need Sean White...everyone knows how physical the SEC is and how it can only take one high ankle sprain to derail a season. That being said, Malik Willis very well could be the star of the '16 recruiting class and had he gone to VaTech and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him start as a true freshman for the Hokies - AU got a true gem with Willis.

-all 3 QBs threw a touchdown. JS was the clear star. Lots of explosive plays. Defense recorded a safety and an int. Ian Shannon will be the starting punter. Freshman Devon Barrett looks like a solid #3 running back. There were no injuries. This from people that were there. All I've got so far 

more: whitlow hurt his ankle earlier in the week and might not be able to play against GS. He was in the mix for the #3 spot but I don't think he would've gotten it anyway.

-JS threw a 90 yard touchdown pass. He was impressive with his mobility out of the pocket as well  

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

-all 3 QBs threw a touchdown. JS was the clear star. Lots of explosive plays. Defense recorded a safety and an int. Ian Shannon will be the starting punter. Freshman Devon Barrett looks like a solid #3 running back. There were no injuries. This from people that were there. All I've got so far 

Great to see Ian finally showed up. Wonder if Barrett will take that speed back role from Kam... Gee I wonder who threw the pick THIS time...Jk 

I think the true pecking order for RB is KP and KJ as 1a and 1b with MM and DB as 2a and 2b, respectively, as they are complementary in terms of their respective style and abilities. 

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Great to see Ian finally showed up. Wonder if Barrett will take that speed back role from Kam... Gee I wonder who threw the pick THIS time...Jk 

SW. He had many bad passes that were almost intercepted. He also threw a long TD to Nate Craig Myers, who continues to be a breakout star in our offense 

22 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

more: whitlow hurt his ankle earlier in the week and might not be able to play against GS. He was in the mix for the #3 spot but I don't think he would've gotten it anyway.

-JS threw a 90 yard touchdown pass 

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, TigerWar said:

Idk, when healthy White proved to be one of the most accurate passers in the country against elite competition and he has in-game-experience. You won't see Willis overtake him as the 2nd man up, at least the coaches won't say that publically, but maybe privately. We need Sean White...everyone knows how physical the SEC is and how it can only take one high ankle sprain to derail a season. That being said, Malik Willis very well could be the star of the '16 recruiting class and had he gone to VaTech and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him start as a true freshman for the Hokies - AU got a true gem with Willis.

It sure is looking that way.

Marlon not dressed for scrimmage. Watching. 
7-7. Stidham first one to play 
Cam and Noah on kick returns 
Tags with starters. 
First play long complete by Stid. Tuck and run 
SW two bad passes. One should have been picked. 

One minute drill, Stid gets the FG and a long pass. SW throws a pick. Stid is the QB 

Stid and Malik with 90 plus TD passes. SW near pick. 
SW 90 yard drive. TD pass 

From the 50. Stid one first down. Missed 58 yard FG

- Source...the RANT

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

SW. He had many bad passes that were almost intercepted. He also threw a long TD to Nate Craig Myers, who continues to be a breakout star in our offense 

Yup catch and run! Go NCM go!  :tdau:

8 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Eek. I am so excited to see a healthy NCM this year. 

The SW info saddens me. I am a huge JS fan, but wonder if SW bad passes are from his injury or what. They always says he thrives off competition.

30 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

JS threw a 90 yard touchdown pass. He was impressive with his mobility out of the pocket as well

A 90 yarder?!! I don't know to be excited or upset. Gus has commented on his escapibility and I am really glad that is still prevalent.

35 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I just never had total confidence in White as a starter.  He doesn't appear to be well rounded.  When he is on, he is on.  And when he is off, he is way off.  The inconsistency is very troublesome. We need more stability at the QB position. However, I think White would make a very good backup QB in key situations that fit his abilities.

Frankly, I am very glad to hear that Stidham balled out today. My opinion is that we will need a huge QB upgrade to have a chance to win 10 or more. I like SW and he has a big heart. He has trouble when the pocket brakes down and his touch on long passes has not been what it needs to be.

Our receiving group  may be a huge strength this year. Myer is balling. We know Davis is good, I hope the coaches let McLain play because he has shown he has the height, the hands, he goes after the ball aggressively and has break away speed. Slayton is a player, and we are hearing good things about Noah. I almost forgot Stove who may be our most explosive guy. There are others too I have not mentioned that are deserving of PT. Ie the hands and guts of our little walk on. Kid is fearless. Still others but that is enough for now.

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I just never had total confidence in White as a starter.  He doesn't appear to be well rounded.  When he is on, he is on.  And when he is off, he is way off.  The inconsistency is very troublesome. We need more stability at the QB position. However, I think White would make a very good backup QB in key situations that fit his abilities.

At this point I believe Willis could beat him out for #2. We're very fortunate to have him. He could've been a starter at VT and other places 

Archived