scrimmage updates?

gr82b4au

10 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

At this point I believe Willis could beat him out for #2. We're very fortunate to have him. He could've been a starter at VT and other places 

I am extremely excited for Willis, as well.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

A 90 yarder?!! I don't know to be excited or upset. Gus has commented on his escapibility and I am really glad that is still prevalent.

It was two 99-yard TD passes in the first three plays of the "scrimmage."  Stidham had one to Slayton and Willis the other to McClain. 

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Great to see Ian finally showed up. Wonder if Barrett will take that speed back role from Kam... Gee I wonder who threw the pick THIS time...Jk 

Not sure if it is a matter of Ian finally showing up, or if he is just a shade above the others. From what I have seen of him, expect for inconsistent punting. Just hope it is not in crucial situations.

Putting all the reports and history together, I don't think Sean White is over his arm/shoulder injuries of last year and he may never be completely healed. White has proven to be a winning SEC QB when healthy. If he's now being passed by a true freshman there's more to it than raw ability.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Putting all the reports and history together, I don't think Sean White is over his arm/shoulder injuries of last year and he may never be completely healed. White has proven to be a winning SEC QB when healthy. If he's now being passed by a true freshman there's more to it than raw ability.

Not sure I agree. The only good games he had last season were against the worst defenses in the SEC. Willis is better than most freshman QBs 

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There's a smart guy. Watch for more info on this exact subject this week. 

13 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not sure I agree. The only good games he had last season were against the worst defenses in the SEC. Willis is better than most freshman QBs 

Check StatTiger's recent post concerning this.

I do feel for SW. That dude is a player- he may not win you games but he won't lose them for you, either. He's solid and would be a very good QB if he could just stay healthy. However, I don't feel too bad because he's getting a degree for free ?

3 hours ago, TigerWar said:

Let's go ahead and get this naming the starter nonsense over with.

It wouldn't bother me if they waited. I think we all know who the starter will be. Let Ga. Southern wonder.

I'm pretty sure Ga Southern knows as well as we do who the QB will be. Stidham was the guy from the minute he chose AU.

4 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

It wouldn't bother me if they waited. I think we all know who the starter will be. Let Ga. Southern wonder.

I'm more concerned with the OL starting 5 then the QB.  Need that 5 set after this scrimmage.  We have 3 weeks and a practice game against Ga Southern to gel together.  It's time.  However I expect the QB starter to be named this week as well.  Probably punt returner and kick returner are the only 2 deep not set at the end of this coming week

12 minutes ago, WarEagle10 said:

LMAO, if we have to use deception of any kind to gain an advantage over GA Southern, then damn, we suck.

wde

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

From another...... Both Willis and Stidham balled out. Willis is pushing White for the 2nd spot. 

White doesn't have the "it" factor. Great guy just not our QB. 

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't know. I would choose White over the vast majority of starters in the SEC. Only people I would choose over White would be Fitzgerald, Stidham,  that guy from UGA, that guy from Florida. I am not even sure I would take Hurts over White. 

9 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I am not even sure I would take Hurts over White. 

I would. He was a TF that put Bama ahead very late in the NC game. He has an arm, he has speed, and he has lots of years to get better. Higher ceiling. 

19 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Only people I would choose over White would be Fitzgerald, Stidham,  that guy from UGA, that guy from Florida. I am not even sure I would take Hurts over White. 

Shea Patterson will likely be 1st Team All-SEC this year. Between him, Stidham, Hurts and Fitzgerald.

13 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

White over the SEC OPTY. The loyalty with this guy is deep-rooted. It's like BBQ Gang loyal.

Yes. Absolutely. Hurts is way overrated. He was the weakest link on Bama's team last year. I like quarterbacks who are accurate. My loyalty has its limits as I am choosing Stidham over White. 

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Yes. Absolutely. Hurts is way overrated. He was the weakest link on Bama's team last year. I like quarterbacks who are accurate. My loyalty has its limits as I am choosing Stidham over White. 

I agree Hurts is overrated as a passer. He'll never make it in the league. But he is a capable dual threat with a lot of confidence who moves the ball and scores when needed, something White is incapable of.

6 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Shea Patterson will likely be 1st Team All-SEC this year. Between him, Stidham, Hurts and Fitzgerald.

I don't get the love for Fitzgerald, at all. Hurts is a good quarterback but not great, especially when he is pressured. I might start him over white, but not stidham. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle10 said:

Nah, let's allow the team to rally behind 'the man' instead of some foolish guessing game.

Besides, it's not gonna make one damn difference if White or Stidham starts against Ga Southern so I don't see your point in trying to hide who our starting qb is for the benefit of some advantage we might have against a 34 point underdog. 

1 hour ago, WarEagle10 said:

You really think Georgia Southern is going to wonder who the starting QB is going to be ? 

59 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Oh I think White has the  1/2 of the 'it' factor as a Quarterback but as a passer, he lacks the deep throw and the deep throw accuracy. If it had those tools, he has all the others i felt.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I don't get the love for Fitzgerald, at all.

I don't get it either, but when you look up his stats combined with the weak talent surrounding him, it's pretty remarkable.

Archived