gr82b4au

scrimmage updates?

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I wonder if they'll wait to name the starter after first day of class.

what a bizarre thread.  The same SW arguments going on 2 years now it seems.  Why are we arguing how great a rivals player is?

id like to know how tega did?

how canella did?

how did our starting CB's look?

who was running 1st team at canter?

etc...

No passes thrown to Canella acc to my folks. He made some good blocks. I'm really excited about Sal. Would be awesome to have one of those match-up problem guys. Can't remember the last one we had. Guys like that can be money on 3rd down and red zone. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




27 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

How do you (you being anyone) get to attend scrimmages? They aren't open to everyone, right? 

This is a totally serious question. 

I'm friends with some former players. That's normally how I get to go. I believe yesterday Tigers Unlimited or some group was allowed to attend as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize to the thread.  JS needs to be named the starter period. Let's move on to Auburn football.

Edited by DAG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Aubiewood said:

No passes thrown to Canella acc to my folks. He made some good blocks. I'm really excited about Sal. Would be awesome to have one of those match-up problem guys. Can't remember the last one we had. Guys like that can be money on 3rd down and red zone. 

Cannella dropped a couple during warmups and 7 on 7 but never got anything thrown to him during the scrimmage. Sean hit him right in the hands on a throw that he dropped. But I like his look. I feel like he's going to have a big impact this season. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I would take NM everyday of the week over Hurts. 

Back to scrimmage though. My ratings as qbs I saw yesterday Stidham 1 MW 2 SW 3. I think SW will end up being back up unless JS was to get hurt so we can redshirt MW.

This is just illogical to think MW would be the starter over SW. And I am a huge MW fan. Probably playing against the 2s and 3s and never played a down of Collegiate football. It is a huge difference. It would be insane to put him in there if JS got hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Cannella dropped a couple during warmups and 7 on 7 but never got anything thrown to him during the scrimmage. Sean hit him right in the hands on a throw that he dropped. But I like his look. I feel like he's going to have a big impact this season. 

 

Not good at all. Can't miss opportunities. Still, need to utilize him though. I do not want to see anymore glorified offensive linemen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It's a two way street, Scotty2. As you mentioned, it was Gus' fault by misjudging Johnson, it was also Gus' fault for not developing White in his True Freshmen year.  QB development has been Gus' Achilles heel and if it weren't for SW's drive and determination, Gus would be looking for a job right now.

Gus didn't trust SW even when he named him the starter either in 2015 or 2016.  So much so that Gus came up with the game plan he did with Clemson in the first game of the 2016 season.  That would work on anybody, but SW's drive and determination kept his head in the game and he didn't give up.  If SW's head was not in the right place, the 2016 campaign would have been Gus' last at Auburn.

SW's physical ability may not be the best, but it was good enough to bridge the gap in QB talent from 2015 to 2017 to allow Gus to work out of his own doing in QB evaluation of talent.  So, yes, Gus should kiss SW's a$$ every day for the ability to be Head Coach at Auburn University.  JMO, I could be wrong.

Fire Gus? Jay Jacobs?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3Wpv1I8aJnwI0/giphy.gif

Edited by Scotty2Hotty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not good at all. Can't miss opportunities. Still, need to utilize him though. I do not want to see anymore glorified offensive linemen.

I wouldn't read too much into it. By all accounts, he's been great all fall camp, and he caught 3-4 others that were thrown his way in warmups and 7-on-7. He did show some good blocking skills on the edge. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. By all accounts, he's been great all fall camp, and he caught 3-4 others that were thrown his way in warmups and 7-on-7. He did show some good blocking skills on the edge. 

I just really want us to maximize all of our talent this year, especially a 6'5 monster. No need to sit him on the sideline. I feel like this was part of the reason Stanton chose to leave. Ehhh

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I wonder if they'll wait to name the starter after first day of class.

what a bizarre thread.  The same SW arguments going on 2 years now it seems.  Why are we arguing how great a rivals player is?

id like to know how tega did?

how canella did?

how did our starting CB's look?

who was running 1st team at canter?

etc...

Who's our punter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@boomstick @bigbird 

Boom did you watch the DBs much?  How did Broussard get beat on the long TD?  Perfect throw or get beat inside with no help in the middle?

Bird - hearing anything on the backup safeties?  Ruffin or Thomas... Ruffin looked horrible in space on A-Day tackling and in coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 11:44 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White isn't throwing any long balls. Stidham is balling out. Willis has looked pretty good. D doing ok. 

From someone who is there. 

I was there and might have already posted this in the thread. Stidham did ball out u are correct. White did White not good. MW looks like our #2. I believe SW will be on roster listed as #2 but if JS were to get hurt I am not sure he would be who we would start. White being a 4th year player and started many games gives him advantage but MW looks better by a good bit from what i saw yesterday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, War Knight said:

I'm a UCF alum...a man can dream 😋

aye UCF/AUBURN Fans for the win

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Bird - hearing anything on the backup safeties?  Ruffin or Thomas... Ruffin looked horrible in space on A-Day tackling and in coverage.

Busy time of year right now. I haven't reached out or heard much of anything. Sorry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, corchjay said:

@boomstick @bigbird 

Boom did you watch the DBs much?  How did Broussard get beat on the long TD?  Perfect throw or get beat inside with no help in the middle?

Bird - hearing anything on the backup safeties?  Ruffin or Thomas... Ruffin looked horrible in space on A-Day tackling and in coverage.

Broussard got beat inside and the throw was towards the hash. If I remember correctly, we ran something with a single high safety, and he couldn't get to the throw in time. It wasn't a great throw as Slayton had to make a pretty good adjustment to bring it in, but had it been a perfect throw, neither defender would've been in the picture. It happened to Broussard a couple other times where he got beat inside on a deep route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Broussard got beat inside and the throw was towards the hash. If I remember correctly, we ran something with a single high safety, and he couldn't get to the throw in time. It wasn't a great throw as Slayton had to make a pretty good adjustment to bring it in, but had it been a perfect throw, neither defender would've been in the picture. It happened to Broussard a couple other times where he got beat inside on a deep route. 

That was my worry.  DB technique 101... don't get beat inside with no help over the top.  Thx for the response

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corchjay said:

That was my worry.  DB technique 101... don't get beat inside with no help over the top.  Thx for the response

Gotta know where your help is. That's day 1 type stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reminded me of the pre-kick 6 99 yd td by Mc-careless of uat. Single safety has to get over there in time. Broke tendency on the goal line to teach some valuable lessons that hopefully never make it to the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

reminded me of the pre-kick 6 99 yd td by Mc-careless of uat. Single safety has to get over there in time. Broke tendency on the goal line to teach some valuable lessons that hopefully never make it to the season.

I love their record setting longest play from m scrimmage (which can't be broken) was against us ... cuz every single time it gets brought up, the announcer will then point out we won in the kick 6 game - Bama fans get to choke on that play in all kinds of ways!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which position group do you think we are thinnest at?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 1:43 PM, AidiAU said:

Eek. I am so excited to see a healthy NCM this year. 

The SW info saddens me. I am a huge JS fan, but wonder if SW bad passes are from his injury or what. They always says he thrives off competition.

I've been long saying I don't think SW's shoulder is 100% right. I don't have any inside information at all but i've always thought that his shoulder was more hurt than we were led to believe and it was a thing where they thought rest would fix the problem but then he breaks his forearm. I for one wouldn't be the least surprised if he requires surgery. I could be totally wrong but just the way i've felt for the longest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now