2017 Fall Camp - Sat, Aug 12 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Kyle Davis was held out? He's my football crush this year...

It's possible, maybe even likely, he was held out because he's a known quantity on the field, and they wanted to see others in that role to see how they performed. 

10 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

It's possible, maybe even likely, he was held out because he's a known quantity on the field, and they wanted to see others in that role to see how they performed. 

8 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Slayton had a 99 yard TD reception. McClain had also had a 90 something yard TD grab. :hellyeah:>:D

McClain's added size coupled with what we heard of him preseason last year and have seen flashes of is exactly what I was thinking when I wrote my post. Hearing that and Slayton coming into his own as one of the only senior leaders at WR gives me even more hope for this year's WR corps. 

Coupled with the above quote RIR posted (and other recent revelations) about Tega and the potential of this OL (my greatest concern before fall, outside of depth at safety) are quieting my doubts and replacing them with muted hope. 

12 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

SW13 is still going to win the job. No worries for my man.

Well at least you're dedicated..

17 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Slayton had a 99 yard TD reception. McClain had also had a 90 something yard TD grab. :hellyeah:>:D

Geez, I thought you were trolling at first... That's crazy. I wonder if both were from play-action.

14 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

SW13 is still going to win the job. No worries for my man.

Yea, right. Clear choice.

According to a source, Willis threw two touchdowns and White threw the interception while freshman Markaviest Bryant had the sack inside the end zone for a safety. Darius Slayton, Noah Igbinoghene, Nate Craig-Myers and Marquis McClain each had long touchdown receptions, according to a source, who said there were a series of plays where the ball was placed inside the 10-yard line to create a long field.

Several players were out due to injury or to give less experienced players more reps. That group included defensive linemen Marlon Davidson (knee) and Andrew Williams (knee), safety Tray Matthews (undisclosed), defensive back Daniel Thomas (arm), wide receiver Kyle Davis (undisclosed) and running back JaTarvious Whitlow (ankle).

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/all_3_quarterbacks_throw_touch.html

5 minutes ago, EclecticTiger said:

Hearing that and Slayton coming into his own as one of the only senior leaders at WR gives me even more hope for this year's WR corps. 

Uh Slayton's not a senior...But if he plays like one that'd be great.

20 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

This is what we've been missing. The BIG PLAY!!!

Archived