2017 Fall Camp - Sat, Aug 12 (Scrimmage #2)

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Geez, I thought you were trolling at first... That's crazy. I wonder if both were from play-action.

No troll, just waiting on the :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now this was COMPLETELY different than the last scrimmage. So I guess this is how the 2nd scrimmage usually should go. The team goes from sacks, interceptions, and a pick-6 to two 90+yard td's..Wowzers.

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I think many defensive players were held out to even up the score. 

My thing is...One report that Red posted said Daniel Thomas was held out by design and another said he was held out because of his arm....

11 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

We have some underestimated WRs this year. I wonder if our DBs got burned on those long passes or if they were just great throws

I don't think they are as underestimated as they are unproven, statistically speaking at least. We've had quite the blue chip recruits at WR the past couple years and several were very highly sought after. They've just had very little opportunity imo. 

12 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Crepea always trying to make up some kind of drama.  Geez dude, Gus is going to give you zero negative talk about a player ever he might bomb a position group but never single out a guy

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So now this was COMPLETELY different than the last scrimmage. So I guess this is how the 2nd scrimmage usually should go. The team goes from sacks, interceptions, and a pick-6 to two 90+yard td's..Wowzers.

Still had some sacks, Peters picked off Sean, and Big Cat had a safety. Without seeing the deep ball shots in person it's hard to say, but I think the long balls came against more inexperienced DBs. Remember Trigga didn't go at all, and it was more about the 2nd & 3rd teamers.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

My thing is...One report that Red posted said Daniel Thomas was held out by design and another said he was held out because of his arm....

Injured, in a sling.

I'd love to have been able to see this scrimmage.  Opening weekend can't get here fast enough!

19 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Uh Slayton's not a senior...But if he plays like one that'd be great.

Yeah, not sure why I felt like he'd been here since Aromashodu..??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Still had some sacks, Peters picked off Sean, and Big Cat had a safety. Without seeing the deep ball shots in person it's hard to say, but I think the long balls came against more inexperienced DBs. Remember Trigga didn't go at all, and it was more about the 2nd & 3rd teamers.

Peters?! Nice!!! Love that Big Cat got a safety as well. I'm still worried about his weight though..His arms don't look much bigger than mine and I work out but certainly not as much as they do.

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Crepea always trying to make up some kind of drama.  Geez dude, Gus is going to give you zero negative talk about a player ever he might bomb a position group but never single out a guy

Hard to understand how this guy keeps his job. He almost never has something good to say about the team is is covering. 

8 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Hard to understand how this guy keeps his job. He almost never has something good to say about the team is is covering. 

I just want him to report facts, could care less if he has something good to say. Just give me some juicy info that's not biased or agenda driven. 

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

It's possible, maybe even likely, he was held out because he's a known quantity on the field, and they wanted to see others in that role to see how they performed. 

I personally don't think this is the case since he missed spring and qb's/wr's continuity and timing development are uber crucial during camp. My guess is he's a little nicked up.

At least I didn't read Stidham sucked during today's scrimmage

If I happen to read Gus said Stidham looked great then.I will start to worry

After two scrimmages Gus doesn't seem to know who did what

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Kyle Davis was held out? He's my football crush this year...

I think he's going through the same process TD Moultry went through last week. 

30 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Peters?! Nice!!! Love that Big Cat got a safety as well. I'm still worried about his weight though..His arms don't look much bigger than mine and I work out but certainly not as much as they do.

Yup, hearing good things about Peters and Leonard. Run D looking solid.

59 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Geez, I thought you were trolling at first... That's crazy. I wonder if both were from play-action.

Don't remember if both were play action. I don't believe the Stidham TD was. It was opening play of the scrimmage. Slayton just beat Broussard inside on a fly route and made a very good catch and run. McClain's came on a go route as well. 

14 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I think he's going through the same process TD Moultry went through last week. 

Now I need to figure out what that was. My guess is it's not injury related? 

Archived