You Can Thank Trump For The White Nationalist Rampage

homersapien

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Oh no.  The president doesn't even know anything about David Duke.

"I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists," Trump said. "So I don't know. I don't know — did he endorse me, or what’s going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/01/the-kkks-official-newspaper-has-endorsed-donald-trump-for-president/?utm_term=.cf0c02b0ed1a

What I am saying is that Duke supports Trump and Trump knows it.  And Trump also knows exactly who David Duke is and what he represents.   

Perhaps he won't support him any longer now that he and his ilk were called out by Trump for their bigotry and hatred?   He was obviously angered by the presidents statement.  

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

This thread is based solely about blaming Trump  or holding him responsible for the violence of white nationalists. There's a difference in acknowledging his rhetoric is used by hate groups for cover and  outright blaming Trump for what these groups do like coming out to a rally that was originally about opposing the removal of a confederate statue. 

Seriously?

Our ******* president encourages Nazis and white nationalists, and you want to split rhetorical straws?!!  :dunno:

Good grief.  

You probably think the statue of Lee is the critical issue in this whole event.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And there's your problem.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the quote posted from "The Daily Stormer" either.  

Obviously,  they feel like Trump is catering to them. 

From the "Daily Stormer",  www.dailystormer.com

3:46 PM:

Trump comments were good. He didn’t attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us.

He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate… on both sides!

So he implied the antifa are haters.

There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all.

He said he loves us all.

Also refused to answer a question about White Nationalists supporting him.

No condemnation at all.

When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room.

Really, really good.

God bless him.

I absolutely read it and noted the idiot that stated this is ignorant. 

13 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

This thread is based solely about blaming Trump  or holding him responsible for the violence of white nationalists. There's a difference in acknowledging his rhetoric is used by hate groups for cover and  outright blaming Trump for what these groups do like coming out to a rally that was originally about opposing the removal of a confederate statue. 

My point about Dylan Roof was that these groups aren't just feeding off of Trump's rhetoric, they don't need Trump saying something they like to come out in public and hold a rally or commit terrorism. They latch onto things like the confederate symbols to push their racists and hate filled views.

I don't have a problem with criticizing Trump for not being forceful enough in labeling it a "white nationalist" attack or terrorism. But where I draw the line is outright blaming Trump and holding him responsible for it.

The bottom line is do you agree with the OP and thread title that Trump is responsible for the rise of white nationalists and the acts of violence they commit?

What the POTUS doesn't say is often as important as what he does.

Don't be so willfully blind.  

All you have to do is listen to the Nazis' own words.

And to answer your question, while Trump didn't create these people,  he seized upon them for political purposes and most certainly is largely responsible for the recent rise in their visibility and activity.

So, in short, yes. 

I suppose you think it's coincidence or maybe Obama's fault?

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?

Our ******* president encourages Nazis and white nationalists, and you want to split rhetorical straws?!!  :dunno:

Good grief.  

You probably think the statue of Lee is the critical issue in this whole event.

How so? Seems to me he called them out and was rebuked by their leader. Perhaps you can better explain Duke's disdain for the president's comments? 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

How so? Seems to me he called them out and was rebuked by their leader. Perhaps you can better explain Duke's disdain for the president's comments? 

What "disdain"?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Who are you to tell him how he feels about Trump?

How he feels about Trump is irrelevant to me. This nut job is irrelevant to me. Period.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

How he feels about Trump is irrelevant to me. This nut job is irrelevant to me. Period.

Well they happen to be central to this discussion.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

What "disdain"?

Duke tweeted he did not appreciate Trump's verbal attack on his group.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well they happen to be central to this discussion.

Lost me bro. :dunno:

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Duke tweeted he did not appreciate Trump's verbal attack on his group.

Presumably, you are talking about this FOX "new" article

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/12/david-duke-attacks-trump-and-virginia-governor

The alt-right leader attacked President Trump's condemnation of the violence by the white nationalist protesters, claiming his group was nothing but peaceful.

Our people were peacefully assembling and attacked by the same radical leftists who invaded your meetings and attacked your supporters. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

So, after decades of White Americans being targeted for discriminated & anti-White hatred, we come together as a people, and you attack us? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

White Americans are so afraid to speak out that we've allowed our country to be invaded and our children to be propagandized by marxists. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

Duke's rant did not stop the president from condemning "in the strongest terms" the violence in Charlottesville later on Saturday at a press conference. 

"When I watch Charlottesville to me it's very, very sad," the chief executive said. "We have to respect each other," he said. "Ideally we have to love each other."

Hell, that does more to support my case than yours.   Duke pretty much reveals straight out what Trump means to the alt right.  

He's just pissed Trump caved to his staff, even if in a half-assed way.  (Which won't last.)

I don't know which is more pathetic, Fox trying to back up Trump or you for swallowing it whole and then trying to make something of it.

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Lost me bro. :dunno:

This discussion is about alt right hate demonstrations and the violence that resulted,  specifically, Trump's role in it.

Once you dismiss the alt right as irrelevant,  there's not much left to discuss is there?

That makes them central to the topic.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Presumably, you are talking about this FOX "new" article

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/08/12/david-duke-attacks-trump-and-virginia-governor

The alt-right leader attacked President Trump's condemnation of the violence by the white nationalist protesters, claiming his group was nothing but peaceful.

Our people were peacefully assembling and attacked by the same radical leftists who invaded your meetings and attacked your supporters. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

So, after decades of White Americans being targeted for discriminated & anti-White hatred, we come together as a people, and you attack us? https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

White Americans are so afraid to speak out that we've allowed our country to be invaded and our children to be propagandized by marxists. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/896420822780444672 

Duke's rant did not stop the president from condemning "in the strongest terms" the violence in Charlottesville later on Saturday at a press conference. 

"When I watch Charlottesville to me it's very, very sad," the chief executive said. "We have to respect each other," he said. "Ideally we have to love each other."

Hell, that does more to support my case than yours.   Duke pretty much reveals straight out what Trump means to the alt right.  

He's just pissed Trump caved to his staff, even if in a half-assed way.  (Which won't last.)

I don't know which is more pathetic, Fox trying to back up Trump or you for swallowing it whole and then trying to make something of it.

Did not see the Fox article. Not much different than other articles on the topic. Bottom line you have a divide over Trumps support of this group based solely or mostly on political bias. Personally, I think he could have been more specific, but thought his stance on bigotry and hatred was enough to draw the ire of David Duke which is good.  

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This discussion is about alt right hate demonstrations and the violence that resulted,  specifically, Trump's role in it.

Once you dismiss the alt right as irrelevant,  there's not much left to discuss is there?

That makes them central to the topic.

I have not seen Trump state support for white supremacist, so I don"t see him as having a role in the violence. Just because a few hundred nutjobs think they have support doesn't make it so. 

35 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What the POTUS doesn't say is often as important as what he does.

Don't be so willfully blind.  

All you have to do is listen to the Nazis' own words.

So do you listen to the Nazis' words if they tell you why they were holding a rally in Charlottesville?

U.S. District Judge Glen Conrad ordered a preliminary injunction late Friday night in a lawsuit filed against the city by right-wing blogger Jason Kessler.

The rally is expected to draw white nationalists, neo-Nazis, neo-Confederates and alt-right activists to Charlottesville’s Emancipation Park to protest the city’s vote to remove the statue of the Confederate general.  

“It’s important we preserve this history that is under attack,” said Kessler, who organized the rally.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/11/charlottesville-braces-itself-yet-another-white-nationalist-rally-saturday/560829001/

Personally I think both sides of this radical expression of hate are the problem.

Now back to your local race war as directed by the power brokers of the USA. 

I agree 100%. Obama is a secret Muslim extremist and is hell bent on sending our country into chaos!!!!

If we're gonna be lazy with the accusations I can be lazy with my replies right????

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

At this point, we know a single individual killed a woman. As much as I'd like to, I don't think we can pin this on a particular group. I do think in time we'll learn he was sympathetic to one or more of the hate groups in attendance. 

Regardless, doesn't change the premise of my post. This individual and these groups are ignorant.

At this point we know that the man charged with this murder was at the neo Nazi rally. It doesn't really matter what you THINK in this situation when facts support that white supremacy groups are extremist groups that a responsible for domestic terrorism. In 2015 they were responsible for 37% of deaths as a result of domestic terrorism. 

This group's views are based on hateand I agree that it is an ignorant view to latch on to. Nevertheless, this group got who they wanted into the highest seat of power in America. They may be ignorant but they aren't irrelevant. And they believe they are serving Trump's agenda.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

I've noticed that many of our conservative friends tend to attack the poster instead of the arguments.  Of course, that's to be expected when you try to defend the indefensible.

But what I find difficult to understand is, why defend such people - even if indirectly?   

It's their M.O. When they can't defend their position with facts and logic they begin to insult. It was just a few weeks ago that one of them declared I was a horrible teacher because of my political views and posts. 

Why defend such people? They do it because they are blind to struggles of others. White supremacy doesn't effect their privilege, so its ignorant and irrelevant and should be ignored. Meanwhile that ignorant irrelevant group just used an ISIS tactic to kill on American soil. 

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I absolutely read it and noted the idiot that stated this is ignorant. 

The President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA just got praise from a neo Nazi because POTUS didn't call them out. That was a dog whistle moment. 

7 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'm confused about your statement since I heard David Duke say on camera that these groups were working toward Trump's agenda to take back our country. What did Duke say that was critical of Trump? 

Archived