Jarrett Stidham to be named Auburn's Starting QB

RunInRed

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Stidham! Hope SW and Willis stay ready to roll cause you never know what will happen during a football season. 

Well that settles that. Time to get the O all on the same page and get ready for the season. Now if Hand can get the O-line figured out we will be in business.

Just now, kd4au said:

Well that settles that. Time to get the O all on the same page and get ready for the season. Now if Hand can get the O-line figured out we will be in business.

It's settled. Read my post below. 

Not too surprised.....looks very solid thus far and as noted, for whatever reason SW is not ready for the job this year.  Still don't know why the arm issue persists and wondering if it will ever bee 100% again?.  

Guess SW could be a short term back-up if needed but now wondering if perhaps Willis ought to be brought along as the #2 in case of an injury to JS.

Meanwhile...congrats to JS.....well done. .

We love Sean but any one who has been remotely paying attention knows his shoulder/arm is not 100%.

This worries me. I hate to think that we've gone from having the best 1-2 punch in the SEC and possibly the nation to having to rely on a true freshman if Stidham goes down. If White really isn't where he needs to be, health wise, I honestly hope that Chip drops him to third string in practice and gives Willis the 2nd string QB reps. We don't need a repeat of the Georgia game with an unhealthy White.

Happy to hear Tega is coming along nicely at the LT spot b/c I'm more so anticipating locking down our OL starters. It's go time and the more snaps JS and the OL gets together...the better. Excited!! 

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This battle was over the day Stidham gave Gus his verbal. Also, Prince T is the starting left tackle. 

What is the whole starting line, do you know?  And how do you feel about the line, compared to how we played at the end of last year?  Any drop off, or just as good?  Do you think Tega will be ready for that position protecting that edge?

Also, when is the official announcement supposed to happen?  I need to see it in stone!

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

What is the whole starting line, do you know?  And how do you feel about the line, compared to how we played at the end of last year?  Any drop off, or just as good?  Do you think Tega will be ready for that position protecting that edge?

PT / Smith / Golson / not sure / James. Still real good competition at the other guard spot. Told that PT was the only one in the scrim who wasn't moved around on the OL. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

PT / Smith / Golson / not sure / James. Still real good competition at the other guard spot. Told that PT was the only one in the scrim who wasn't moved around on the OL. 

Solid

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hope he leads us to one of these...................

image.png

One or more of those as well.

wde

37 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not too surprised.....looks very solid thus far and as noted, for whatever reason SW is not ready for the job this year.  Still don't know why the arm issue persists and wondering if it will ever bee 100% again?.  

Guess SW could be a short term back-up if needed but now wondering if perhaps Willis ought to be brought along as the #2 in case of an injury to JS.

Meanwhile...congrats to JS.....well done. .

Yes. Willis needs to be brought along. A lot of talent in that young man.

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

1DAC42E0-0E1C-4E82-8F1E-EA0F7F62DB89-7696-00000D04F873B0A6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Yes. Willis needs to be brought along. A lot of talent in that young man.

If Willis is, in fact, named the backup, hopefully ,  his first taste of live action will come with victory already in the bag. Good to hear Stidham will be named the starter. :bananadance:

All I've seen is that Sean isn't 100%. If he's at 50%, then no, he doesn't need to be on the field. But if he's, say, 85-90% then he's probably still better than a true FR, even a preturnaturally gifted one. 

We definitely need to try to have both SW and MW as ready as we can get them, but I'm all for keeping the freshman's shirt red as long as possible. 

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Very excited about PT's potential!!!!

So they decided to move BSmith over to LG?  Solid move. (I was a little worried about 2 youngins on the left side)

So, the RG side is between Horton, Bell, and Harrell?  If those other 2 guys are really making it a close competition with Horton, then I feel really good about our depth there. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

All I've seen is that Sean isn't 100%. If he's at 50%, then no, he doesn't need to be on the field. But if he's, say, 85-90% then he's probably still better than a true FR, even a preturnaturally gifted one. 

We definitely need to try to have both SW and MW as ready as we can get them, but I'm all for keeping the freshman's shirt red as long as possible. 

You make a good point McLoofus. My only fear is we have seen 85-90 % Sean. All it takes is one bad hit and he is completely done. But even so, apparently he can't even make the throws he is accustomed to. This tells me he is injured not hurt. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You make a good point McLoofus. My only fear is we have seen 85-90 % Sean. All it takes is one bad hit and he is completely done. But even so, apparently he can't even make the throws he is accustomed to. This tells me he is injured not hurt. 

I fear you're right. Definitely a little sunshine/optimistic slant to my post. Probably more about me just being scared on principal of having a true FR at QB in a meaningful moment. 

Also, I was just reading another thread where you and someone else were discussing whether or not there's any value in MW keeping his redshirt, and now that I think about it... maybe you guys are right and there's really not? That's another thing that I've just kind of stated without really thinking about it. Curious what others think? 

Archived