Jarrett Stidham to be named Auburn's Starting QB

RunInRed

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Way to keep that info close to the vest, Gus. I'm sure everyone was shocked after they had been reading about it on social media for the past hour.

Well it was still speculation until Gus said it......so now it's been "said"....and time to move on and get ready for the season. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

PT / Smith / Golson / not sure / James. Still real good competition at the other guard spot. Told that PT was the only one in the scrim who wasn't moved around on the OL. 

I thought Smith was a RG. What am I missing? Do they want him at LG to help out PT who is new at this?

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

I thought Smith was a RG. What am I missing? Do they want him at LG to help out PT who is new at this?

WDE subsequently offered that he might've gotten the guard spots switched.

3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

They will just line him up against the opponent's best DT.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Way to keep that info close to the vest, Gus. I'm sure everyone was shocked after they had been reading about it on social media for the past hour.

So he should have jumped on social media to tell all of us before he could gather the team together?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

So he should have jumped on social media to tell all of us before he could gather the team together?

You totally missed my point, Titan. He let it leak to social media before he told the team. That's very un-Gus like.

You totally missed my point, Titan. He let it leak to social media before he told the team. That's very un-Gus like.

I thought the tweet was sent out while the team was in the meeting being informed of the decision?

7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Just got the notification from theScore app...it's official! JS named starter! :wareagle:

Only about two hours late. 

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

They will just line him up against the opponent's best DT.

I actually see an advantage to putting him on the left side. If Horton goes to the left and we have PT on the left, that means we have two new starters on the left side which could be exploited. If we put Smith as LG and Horton as RG that would give us a bit more stability. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

Only about two hours late. 

In regards to Gus releasing the info. But certainly, AUFamily was on top of things 1st.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't think he "let" it leak.  I just think it's virtually unavoidable these days.

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I thought the tweet was sent out while the team was in the meeting being informed of the decision?

The tweet was, but the sports media has been posting about the announcement coming for quite a while now... and not just that Gus was going to name a starting QB, but that he was going to name Stidham. Considering how good he is at keeping everything else quiet, it's really surprising that his tweet wasn't the first to say it.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

This thread has a little bit of everything in it.

Just needs cheerleader pics and fruit and it'll be a complete pre-season thread.

Just needs cheerleader pics and fruit and it'll be a complete pre-season thread.

Just google image searched "cheerleader fruit". Instant regret. 

Just now, johnnyAU said:

How about dem apples?

image.png

Red delicious.

12 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

In regards to Gus releasing the info. But certainly, AUFamily was on top of things 1st.

Yeah, but he probably stole the information from Brandon Marcello.

Just now, triangletiger said:

Yeah, but he probably stole the information from Brandon Marcello.

I'm sure he's going to let us know he predicted it first. Would be surprised if he doesn't go "live" today. 

Sure enough...Brandon is currently live and he's already stated he said it 1st on when we'd name the starter! haha.

Archived