Jarrett Stidham to be named Auburn's Starting QB

RunInRed

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This battle was over the day Stidham gave Gus his verbal. Also, Prince T is the starting left tackle. 

This is all great news for AU. Means that Tega is a very talented kid. At QB, I believe that we Stidham has the IT factor. Time will tell, but I think we are in position to have a very good year 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Jarrett Stidham! I am not too concerned with either Sean or Malik as the backup. What I do want to see is Sean on the headphones helping to call plays in. He is much too smart and much too loyal to just sit on a bench. I'd like to see him participate and continue to learn. He'd probably make a great coach one day. Very sad that this young man has had the bad breaks, literally, that he has had. He may not be as physically gifted, but I think his mental capacity for the game is spot on.

Who is this Jarrett Stidham character?  Never heard of him.  I thought we were focused on the punter, and the punter only...

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Congratulations to Jarrett Stidham! I am not too concerned with either Sean or Malik as the backup. What I do want to see is Sean on the headphones helping to call plays in. He is much too smart and much too loyal to just sit on a bench. I'd like to see him participate and continue to learn. He'd probably make a great coach one day. Very sad that this young man has had the bad breaks, literally, that he has had. He may not be as physically gifted, but I think his mental capacity for the game is spot on.

Still, can be a great player and make it to the NFL. Needs to heal up this year, earn his degree and transfer as a grad student.

20 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Sure enough...Brandon is currently live and he's already stated he said it 1st on when we'd name the starter! haha.

He's asking for "heart" emoji's from people since he guessed the exact right date JS would be named the starter. :-\

Just now, DAG said:

Still, can be a great player and make it to the NFL. Needs to heal up this year, earn his degree and transfer as a grad student.

Hope so, for his sake.  My fear is that, if his shoulder is still messed up after a whole off-season, that it may be something that never comes back.

So LT Prince LG Open Center Golson, RG Smith, RT James

If you have seen the various lineup combinations that Hand has published all of them have had Horton at LG.  While it is possible somebody could supplant Horton at LG. I just don't see it happening.

I think out O-Line is set with only real questions is of who is next man up if we have an injury.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:
23 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Sure enough...Brandon is currently live and he's already stated he said it 1st on when we'd name the starter! haha.

He's asking for "heart" emoji's from people since he guessed the exact right date JS would be named the starter. :-\

Someone needs to buy that boy a participation trophy.  His self-esteem is in pretty bad shape.

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Most people connected with the program thought JS would be name starter after the second scrimmage.  He gets no special credit just because he stole it from AUFamily.

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

Most people connected with the program thought JS would be name starter after the second scrimmage.  He gets no special credit just because he stole it from AUFamily.

Agree! It's pretty sad. He keeps saying "You heard it here first!"

But anyway. We have our guy. I know we all pretty much said it the day he signed but i admit it's nice to have Gus announce it b/c you just never know with Gus (at least i feel that way). 

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Someone needs to buy that boy a participation trophy.  His self-esteem is in pretty bad shape.

C'mon guys take it easy on him....he's just trying to earn a living in a field where about anyone can call  themselves a sports blogger.  In my view, anyone who can figured out how to get paid for doing something where much of his "competition" is doing the same work for free....should be envied.

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

C'mon guys take it easy on him....he's just trying to earn a living in a field where about anyone can call  themselves a sports blogger.  In my view, anyone who can figured out how to get paid for doing something where much of his "competition" is doing the same work for free....should be envied.

First rule of a fan driven industry... don't bite the hand that feeds you.  He made his bed.

27 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Good to see this and not really a surprise. If he is indeed still not close to 100% then he knew before anyone else anyway. Sean's a gamer and I'll look forward to seeing him contribute in anyway he can going forward, especially at QB when needed. 

23 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

This thrills me. Very thankful for his leadership. 

I believe I was the first to report a week ago that there was no animosity there... just saying :jossun: this team overall has great chemistry and really supports each other 

Sean is the real deal-great, loyal kid! Let's be loyal to him too. They will find a way for him to participate, I am sure. Hopefully, we won't need him as a backup until he is fully healed. Until then, pick his brain. He's a smart kid.

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He didn't figure out anything.  He simply joined a network with big time corporate backing that already existed and was well established when he got there. 

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Very excited about PT's potential!!!!

So they decided to move BSmith over to LG?  Solid move. (I was a little worried about 2 youngins on the left side)

So, the RG side is between Horton, Bell, and Harrell?  If those other 2 guys are really making it a close competition with Horton, then I feel really good about our depth there. 

I was thinking it would be awesome to have Braden and Darius on that right side together especially when we are running to that side. I guess having him help Prince overvalues that.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He didn't figure out anything.  He simply joined a network with big time corporate backing that already existed and was well established when he got there. 

He got them to hire him and pay him a salary or something for passing along guesses, rumors, opinions and occasionally facts.........in my view, that's what he figured out ....

Just now, AU64 said:

He got them to hire him and pay him a salary or something for passing along guesses, rumors, opinions and occasionally facts.........in my view, that's what he figured out ....

Ok.  So in other words he's like every other guy out there who has ever gotten a job.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Ok.  So in other words he's like every other guy out there who has ever gotten a job.

No, he's only like every other guy who has gotten *his* job. 

Archived