Jarrett Stidham to be named Auburn's Starting QB

RunInRed

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No, he's only like every other guy who has gotten *his* job. 

I give him credit for figuring out that newspapers are a dead end career and that the online game is the only place to make a living doing that anymore.  He's not bad at what he does.  He's just kind of a whiny tittybaby about it sometimes.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

All jokes aside, I'm curious if CCL has run much Wildcat in the past. I'm in the minority in thinking that KJ has been very effective for us in that role. Maybe more out of necessity than anything, but I'm okay if we dust it off from time to time this year. 

CCL had a Wildcat package at ASU. They called it "Sparky", because their cross state rivals at UofA are the Wildcats.

It was a balanced line formation with two blocking backs, very similar to what we have done with KJ the last two years. Also it did not use a jet sweep motion.

This video has several Sparky formation plays:

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I give him credit for figuring out that newspapers are a dead end career and that the online game is the only place to make a living doing that anymore.  He's not bad at what he does.  He's just kind of a whiny tittybaby about it sometimes.

Oh, agreed, for sure. Not here to defend the man or offer him praise. Just saw a disconnect in the conversation. 

Marcello and Creepy can both take a long walk off a short pier, as my dad would say. 

AU Fan Day is going to be amazing. Going to be a lot of long lines for a lot of our players. So much young talent! No telling how long the wait will be to get an autograph from JS! I wonder if he's ambidextrous b/c don't need his fingers cramping up! 

7 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

AU Fan Day is going to be amazing. Going to be a lot of long lines for a lot of our players. So much young talent! No telling how long the wait will be to get an autograph from JS! I wonder if he's ambidextrous b/c don't need his fingers cramping up! 

Haven't been to fan day in a decade. But if I find out Stidham's girl is going to be there I might have to make the trip. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Ok.  So in other words he's like every other guy out there who has ever gotten a job.

Not joined exactly....like joining the AU alum association.....he actually figured out how to get paid for doing what hundreds /thousands of people do for free....and he should get credit for creating sufficient  click bait to  make money for his boss and himself too. ...as I noted above, he should be envied....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Not joined exactly....like joining the AU alum association.....he actually figured out how to get paid for doing what hundreds /thousands of people do for free....and he should get credit for creating sufficient  click bait to  make money for his boss and himself too. ...as I noted above, he should be envied....

Meh.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

notsure-1.jpg

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To be honest I was pumped. The high school coaches in Georgia were all buzzing about this kid last year. 

True. He was considered a superstar. He may have only been a 3*, but it was probably because he was not on the radar earlier.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Haven't been to fan day in a decade. But if I find out Stidham's girl is going to be there I might have to make the trip. 

I'd be shocked if she wasn't there Saturday. She certainly makes frequent trips to Auburn. As long as it doesn't interfere with her soccer schedule (think they've started playing games) she'll def. be there to support her guy! And yeah...she's a looker. :)

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Fan day?

I'm ready

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMrrUjAsb0doYW2lGZ8VU

Yep..... That's enough internet for the day

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Fan day?

I'm ready

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMrrUjAsb0doYW2lGZ8VU

Is that from your last colonoscopy?

Returning to topic,

Congrats Mr. Stidham,

Way too many good and cogent posts to like in one day, and

Sincere hopes we haven't permanently broken Mr. White.

WDE

7 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Crap you beat me to it! Lol wonderful video though! Great vocal leader, great teammate, great qb!

Jarrett Stidham and Sean White are the real life version of Jason Street and Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights 

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Someone needs to buy that boy a participation trophy.  His self-esteem is in pretty bad shape.

Where's Muschamp to knock him down when you need him

Archived