Sign in to follow this  
slot canyon

2017 Fall Softball. schedule released

slot canyon    44

Schedule is up on www.auburntigers.com.  Five of the teams from junior college ranksand a couple from division II.  Game dates October 14, 20, 21, and 28.  Looking forward to seeing how the new players fit in as well as how the regulars look.  

Aug. 14, 2017

AUBURN, Ala. - Head coach Clint Myers and the Auburn softball program have announced the 2017 fall schedule Monday, featuring eight games across four dates. All contests are set to take place at Jane B. Moore Field.

The annual slate pits the Tigers against five opponents from the community college ranks and two from Division II.

Auburn opens the fall season with a three-team tournament Oct. 14. The Tigers host Northwest Florida State Community College and Enterprise State Community College in a doubleheader at 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., respectively.

On Oct. 20, Auburn will tangle with Wallace State Community College-Hanceville in a doubleheader, beginning at 3 p.m.

The Tigers then entertain Valdosta State and Snead State on Oct. 21 for a round robin at Jane B. Moore Field. Auburn plays Valdosta State at 3 p.m. before taking on Snead State at 5:30 p.m.

The Tigers wrap up the slate with their final three-team tournament of the fall on Oct. 28. Auburn faces Columbus State and Central Alabama Community College at 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., respectively.

Admission is free to all fall Auburn softball games.

2017 Auburn Softball Fall Schedule    
Date Opponent Time (CT)
Saturday, Oct. 14 Northwest Florida St. CC 3:00 p.m.
  Enterprise St. CC 5:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 20 Wallace St. CC - Hanceville 3:00 p.m.
  Wallace St. CC - Hanceville 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 21 Valdosta St. 3:00 p.m.
  Snead St. 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 28 Columbus St. 1:30 p.m.
  Central Alabama CC 4:00 p.m.

• Like 1

slot canyon    44

From looking back at some older you tube videos and news articles I would say roughly the 3rd week in September for "official practice".   It was around 9/21 in 2015 and 9/17  in 2013.  I believe last year there was an announced open practice Oct 1 the day prior to the Alumni game although I get a sense that all practices are open..  Auburn Fall Semester classes begin August 21.

slot canyon    44

Open practices begin today but I have not seen any times published.  I called Megan Reynolds, Director of Softball operations, about 10 minutes ago and left a message suggesting they publish the schedule on the  Softball Twitter account.  I like to attend some of the practices and curious to see how Coach Dean runs his practice as compared to Coach Myers.  Things may be a bit abbreviated until staff issues are settled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1