No Opinions on Trump Reaction to White Supremacists?

AUbritt

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

Republicans - with a few exceptions - have totally compromised themselves over Trump.  

It has the potential to destroy the party.

The Democratic Party has already committed suicide.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

He said there were "good people" marching on Friday night.

They were literally chanting Jew will not replace us and blood and soil.

If you are marching with a group of people and the crowd starts chanting blood and soil, and you don't nope the **** right out of there, you are not good people.

This was probably the most puzzling of his statements. I have no clue what he is alluding to here. :dunno:

I probably saw about 5 minutes of the video and it was more than enough. Neither side speaks for me. Great tv show material I guess. Somewhere a MTV producer is getting fired for not thinking of this.

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Both sides were in the wrong no matter how you spin it. It takes two to tango and they didn't have a permit at all to protest. The antifa keeps showing up to these rallys expecting a throwdown apparently.

Its basically like the Joe Mixon incident. The girl was in the wrong for angrily hitting Mixon with her feeble muscles.  However, even though she was in the wrong, it doesn't compare to Mixon knocking her out. It doesn't compare and I admit that, but let's not pretend one side is innocent from all wrong doing.

I'm not spinning anything. You're so wound up you feel you have all the answers but you don't. You don't listen but I don't care what you or anybody else says once again if you argue for or take up for people that think I'm not equal as a man how do you expect me to view you....on this board there are posters who have justified EVERY SINGLE incident of a black person being murdered; haven't one time come out and said this is wrong. Post every article that shows a black person in the wrong, and if they don't have anything else to say they'll just bring up Chicago to justify anything else....but when I talk I'm spinning something? No. You're either my brother or you are not. But I've had to go through things that you probably won't ever have to go through. So you can't understand, to you it's a great debate. To me it's real life

Sad truly sad video. No place in our country for that kind of hate. And regardless of how many times this president has called them out, he must continue to do so and in a direct way for maximum impact. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'm not spinning anything. You're so wound up you feel you have all the answers but you don't. You don't listen but I don't care what you or anybody else says once again if you argue for or take up for people that think I'm not equal as a man how do you expect me to view you....on this board there are posters who have justified EVERY SINGLE incident of a black person being murdered; haven't one time come out and said this is wrong. Post every article that shows a black person in the wrong, and if they don't have anything else to say they'll just bring up Chicago to justify anything else....but when I talk I'm spinning something? No. You're either my brother or you are not. But I've had to go through things that you probably won't ever have to go through. So you can't understand, to you it's a great debate. To me it's real life

I was talking to two of my (black) coworkers about this stuff yesterday. Man, the s*** y'all have to put up with.

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

This was probably the most puzzling of his statements. I have no clue what he is alluding to here. :dunno:

Hell at least give him some credit. He even left the possibility that the illegal immigrants from the south " some are good people I presume ". After calling them rapist and murderers. 

I was at work Saturday when a coworker vaguely told me what was going on. My first thought was there were some good old boys legally protesting and the crazy left shows up and it turns violent. ( the crazy left seems more white than black to me). My first thought is way off. These white supremacist are very blatant. How any reasonable person cannot condemn them without spreading the blame is ridiculous. Usually there is blame for all. Not here. They all still need another hobby. 

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

You don't listen but I don't care what you or anybody else says once again if you argue for or take up for people that think I'm not equal as a man how do you expect me to view you..

1. Irony And no offense, the quality of your message is shunted by your runon sentences for days which do me no favors in actually trying to "listen" to your visual message. 

2. You're being completely irrational. Human, Civil and Prisoner rights are my jamalam or my niche, so I obviously don't take up or identify with barbaric messages of supremacy. What you're bent out of shape about is identifying the right for the minority of  Nazis to deliver their content because a few here suggested that they shouldn't. One even suggested that being a Nazi should be a crime.  If that alone causes you to view me differently, well then War Eagle to you until the next time we are political allies again.

In my opinion,  Antifa, an increasingly violent extremist group, crashed a Nazi party without a permit absolutely looking to wreck the message of the Nazis, nonpeacefully. Would you want the Nazis crashing your permitted BLM events? You cannot look at the videos and see the chaos, or look at the pictures which show both sides all up in each other's faces, and tell me only one side is at fault.  I do not spread blame for the death though. She didn't do anything to deserve to die. Never in my life have I heard that because one side was victim to murder that they have to be innocent in all of the events leading up to the matter. 

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

on this board there are posters who have justified EVERY SINGLE incident of a black person being murdered;

And whose side was I on? Do you want me to jog your memory? 

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

But I've had to go through things that you probably won't ever have to go through.

And, probably not.  I know what life is dude. I grew up in section 8 housing with concrete walls and mostly a single mother. If this is going to turn into a competition, you can win for Gods sake, but don't act like I'm perched up on fantasyland. You keep talking about my private Christian school but I basically went there for free. So did Beniq.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

1. Irony And no offense, the quality of your message is shunted by your runon sentences for days which do me no favors in actually trying to "listen" to your visual message. 

2. You're being completely irrational. Human, Civil and Prisoner rights are my jamalam or my niche, so I obviously don't take up or identify with barbaric messages of supremacy. What you're bent out of shape about is identifying the right for the minority of  Nazis to deliver their content because a few here suggested that they shouldn't. One even suggested that being a Nazi should be a crime.  If that alone causes you to view me differently, well then War Eagle to you until the next time we are political allies again.

In my opinion,  Antifa, an increasingly violent extremist group, crashed a Nazi party without a permit absolutely looking to wreck the message of the Nazis, nonpeacefully. Would you want the Nazis crashing your permitted BLM events? You cannot look at the videos and see the chaos, or look at the pictures which show both sides all up in each other's faces, and tell me only one side is at fault.  I do not spread blame for the death though. She didn't do anything to deserve to die. Never in my life have I heard that because one side was victim to murder that they have to be innocent in all of the events leading up to the matter. 

And whose side was I on? Do you want me to jog your memory? 

And, probably not.  I know what life is dude. I grew up in section 8 housing with concrete walls and mostly a single mother. If this is going to turn into a competition, you can win for Gods sake, but don't act like I'm perched up on fantasyland. You keep talking about my private Christian school but I basically went there for free. So did Beniq.

So basically now you just did a bunch of babble and ideas you THOUGHT I had but don't. Like I said do all your fight for nazi stuff and have fun. Just don't think I'm supposed to trust that.But what you thought I was bent out of shape about you're wrong. 

Yeah I'm typing from a phone and ever since the site changed it's less phone friendly. So if you want to cry over punctuation then just ignore my post.

Just because I'm black you don't have to give me ownership of BLM....

How do I keep talking about you attending private school when I didn't mention it at all. See this is one of those you do a bunch of talking and feel like you just owned a debate I imagine. 

But your not being wealthy doesn't make you on par with being black....there is no competition....You don't have to experience what I do, so that's why you couldn't understand. And if I tried to explain or convey it to you, it's either what I say don't exist or oh well....

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Sad truly sad video. No place in our country for that kind of hate. And regardless of how many times this president has called them out, he must continue to do so and in a direct way for maximum impact. 

That would be once.  

But he was reading that from a teleprompter and obviously wasn't sincere since he reversed himself at the press conference the following day.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

ust because I'm black you don't have to give me ownership of BLM....

But because I'm clearly fighting for a mere facet of minority rights alone, you can tell me that I'm "taking up" for Nazis. Pendulum swings both ways you know..

How do I keep talking about you attending private school when I didn't mention it at all.

You made fun of my private school like three times in a two day period not even two weeks ago. Don't deny it. I'm not sure about your experiences as a black citizen in the 21st century in comparison to mine, a fella in the same area and same income level. Regardless, your experiences don't have a damn thing to do with why I can't assign blame to the actions of all the responsible parties that were deserving of them. 

Yeah I'm typing from a phone and ever since the site changed it's less phone friendly. So if you want to cry over punctuation then just ignore my post.

Talking on the phone has nothing to with your delivery which gives me a headache. Like the following simple excerpt from the very first line uses present and past tense language. I don't even harp on grammar mistakes because I make them all the time, but yours, I damn near have to meditate on wtf I'm reading just to figure out what you're saying.

So basically now you just did

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I stated early in another thread that this will split primarily on party lines and/or like or dislike of Trump. I've been dead on thus far and see no sign that changes. 

So here's the deal. Trump handled this wrong from the beginning IMO. It really doesn't matter that there may have been "all sides," you don't say it!  Leave it for another day another time. But this guy is a horrible orator and some of his decision making simply sucks! He brings this crap on himself. Let him deal with it.

Having said that, some of these people claiming to know his real side are so fake. How in the hell do you think you know his real side? Speaking from his heart? (not picking on you Britt. I appreciate the thread and also think it is important. You are certainly not alone with this statement.) Did you have a conversation with the man? Did you read it on your favorite news site? Just stop with that nonsense. We have enough lies in the press and don't need anymore here. People should submit their biased ideas as nothing more as you and I both know it is merely an opinion. And that opinion isn't necessarily correct. 

I don't feel picked on at all, so we're all good there. I think your first sentence is half right. I think it will split on the lines of Trumpists and non-Trumpists. I don't think that will trace along party lines, though. I think we will increasingly see Republicans come out against Trump. It's too easy for the David Dukes of the world to embrace him. That ought to make it too difficult for anyone else.

17 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The Democratic Party has already committed suicide.

The GOP’s Civil War Over Trump

A Global Politico special report on the Republican Party’s epic internal battle over its own president.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/14/donald-trump-future-of-gop-roundtable-215485

I made this point to my wife last night.  This is a side effect of what happens when a sitting POTUS has little to no understanding of how the justice system works.

How Trump could 'infect' jury in Charlottesville case

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/how-trump-could-infect-jury-in-charlottesville-case/ar-AAqcOl7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

By calling the lone suspect of the deadly car crash in Charlottesville "a murderer," President Trump may have unwittingly prejudiced the legal case against him – which legal analysts said could throw up roadblocks for bringing the alleged white nationalist to justice. 

At the center of a new political firestorm for blaming both counter-protesters and white supremacists in a deadly clash this weekend in Virginia, Trump on Tuesday encouraged the judicial system to find the "fastest" path to a guilty verdict for 20-year-old Alex James Fields. 

Yet Trump's off-the-cuff comments in a rollicking press conference in Trump Tower likely made it harder to seat an impartial jury, legal analysts said, and offered his defense lawyers an opportunity to argue the case should be moved out of Charlottesville. 

“I think it is relevant to ask whether the president has infected the jury pool,'' said Vikram Kapil, president of the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. "I think it becomes very relevant for defense lawyers to ask potential jurors whether they agree with what President Trump said. You can't ignore it.''

Fields is charged with second degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and failing to stop at the scene of an accident. The Ohio man was allegedly at the wheel of a car Saturday that slammed into a gathering of demonstrators who had assembled to counter a white nationalist protest in Charlottesville, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and wounding 19 others. 

Two Virginia state troopers also were killed when their helicopter, involved in surveillance of the protests, crashed Saturday afternoon.

The suspect, who had joined the alt-right action to protest the removal of a statue of confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee from a local park, made his first state court appearance Tuesday.

Federal authorities also are investigating the death as a possible hate crime. On Wednesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said federal investigators were working closely with local authorities. Earlier this week, the attorney general said the alleged attack appeared to meet the definition of a domestic terrorism. 

"I don't feel like we should feel like we have to do it in a matter of hours or even days," Sessions told NBC News.

In a rambling, impromptu news conference Tuesday, where Trump appeared to defend the alt-right protesters, the president also was unequivocal in his assessment of Fields.

"Well, I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family and this country,'' Trump said, referring to Fields. "You can call it terrorism; you can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want. I would just call it as the fastest one to come up with a good verdict.''

Former Charlottesville-area prosecutor Denise Lunsford, who was appointed Wednesday to represent Fields, declined comment.

But Virginia criminal defense attorneys said they expected Trump's remarks to re-surface as Fields's attorneys weigh a possible effort to move the trial out of Charlottesville or seek to try the case before a judge, rather than risk the wrath of a potentially biased jury.

"It's probably inescapable that Trump's ill-advised comments will play some role here,'' said David Heilberg, a Charlottesville defense attorney. "It most likely comes into play in a change of venue.

"You're not going to find anybody here who doesn't know about what happened and may have formed an opinion about it. It only gets harder to sort through those possible biases when you have the president commenting on it,'' he said. "This practice of (Trump) shooting from the lip, well, it's kind of crazy.''

While potentially problematic, Trump's comments about a pending criminal case are not unprecedented for a sitting president.

In the immediate aftermath of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, President Clinton and Attorney General Janet Reno both announced their support for the death penalty in the case even before suspects were identified.

Later, attorneys for Timothy bomber McVeigh unsuccessfully sought to have Reno barred from participating in the Justice Department's decision to seek the death penalty. McVeigh was ultimately convicted and executed in 2001 for carrying out the attack.

While it is likely that Trump's remarks could be part of a defense argument for a change of venue, Kapil said prosecutors could just as easily seize on the president's words to keep the case in Charlottesville.

"There's not a person anywhere who probably didn't hear Trump,'' Kapil said. "So if even if are seeking a change of venue because of potential bias, I don't know where you would move it.''

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

That would be once.  

But he was reading that from a teleprompter and obviously wasn't sincere since he reversed himself at the press conference the following day.

Once huh? This is precisely the disingenuous talk the media is engaging in and you and a few others here want to double down on? This political biased rhetoric benefits no one. 

http://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark-simone/content/2017-08-14-watch-the-media-lie-about-donald-trump-and-david-duke-and-the-kkk/

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Once huh? This is precisely the disingenuous talk the media is engaging in and you and a few others here want to double down on? This political biased rhetoric benefits no one. 

http://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark-simone/content/2017-08-14-watch-the-media-lie-about-donald-trump-and-david-duke-and-the-kkk/

Well actually I was referring to this particular incident.   He made a total of three statements, only one of which was nominally anti-Nazi, KKK.

But I will grant you every single statement about Duke that Trump has made in the past, some of which are provable lies ("I didn't know anything about David Duke".)

None of that excuses his behaviour or positions now that it really matters, which is what is garnering the attention.

But you go ahead and keep believing Trump is being treated unfairly and is the victim of the media if you must.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well actually I was referring to this particular incident.   He made a total of three statements, only one of which was nominally anti-Nazi, KKK.

But I will grant you every single statement about Duke that Trump has made in the past, some of which are provable lies ("I didn't know anything about David Duke".)

None of that excuses his behaviour or positions now that it really matters, which is what is garnering the attention.

But you go ahead and keep believing Trump is being treated unfairly and is the victim of the media if you must.

There you go again. Tying to deflect when your theory was shown to be false. It gets old dude. If you can live with the lies so be it. At this point it is expected from you and a handful of others and that is simply sad.  

22 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

There you go again. Tying to deflect when your theory was shown to be false. It gets old dude. If you can live with the lies so be it. At this point it is expected from you and a handful of others and that is simply sad.  

OK you win.   I was wrong.

Trump has a long and sincere history of being opposed to the KKK and white supremacists.   He undoubtedly inherited that from his father. ;)

Futhermore, he has a history of supporting civil rights and opposing racial prejudice in his businesses and public statements.  ;)

Just look it up.

Please.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

And that's why he's demonstrating the moral leadership in the Charlottesville that's gotten such huge response accolades.

Right, AUFAN78?

You trying to put words in my mouth is a losing proposition. Pay closer attention please.

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You trying to put words in my mouth is a losing proposition. Pay closer attention please.

That was a statement followed by a question, I wasn't trying to paraphrase you or "put words in your mouth".

But then, you already knew that.

Archived