Flight travel question....

SaturdayGT

I booked a trip to Boston around late October through Delta. A friend decided afterwards to tag along and we are going to check out Newport RI and that area, but to do so, I need to leave a Day earlier than planned. Id actually like to Fly into Hartford CT instead if possible since that will kind of work out better, but keep my return flight from boston.  Anyways, I went to delta to try and change the date and destination, and it will cost me another $200 dollars more than Ive already paid!   Ill have to try and call them tonight and see, but Im just curious if anyone has run into this and whats the best way around it if they wont work with me?  I can book a one way flight for $120 bucks on the day I wan to go, and just not show for the original first flight out. I would still be paying more than I hoped, but it would be $80 bucks cheaper than deltas  $200 penalty.  I just wonder if they will tack some sort of a fine or fee or something on me for no showing for the original flight date? Also,  will they cancel my return flight if I dont show for the incoming flight?...Im hoping I could talk to somebody at delta and they can sort it all out with out any extra fees, but not really counting on it. Any thoughts?

Well just in case this question comes up for somebody else in this situation. I was able to call and they were able to wave the $200 penalty for changing the flight date and destination.  Delta has great customer service over the phone. They have an option for them to call you when an agent is ready to talk so you dont have to sit though 30 minutes of on hold music.  The whole process was easy, they lady was super nice, and Im happy as can be.  Spent 5 minutes tops on the phone! So with that, if you ever need to change a flight, call rather than try to do it online!

I know others have, but I've never had a bad experience with Delta. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

I know others have, but I've never had a bad experience with Delta. 

Yep, bad experience with Delta. Exiting the plane in Chicago once. Wearing an Auburn sweatshirt. Hostess yelled "Rawl Tahd". 

Archived