John Franklin III leaving Auburn

abw0004

11 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Speaking of kick returning.. opinions on who you think should (vs. will) return kicks/punts for us this season?

I'm not sure who we need, I don't get to see all these kids practice. But we can and should do better than we have since Davis left.Chris not Marcus. well better than Marcus for sure.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Seems like a good kid and I'm glad he was able to get a degree for Auburn, but I'm still embarrassed that our coaches thought that he was our saving grace at QB or could even play QB in the SEC for that matter.

As I have alluded to and 23 has basically confirmed, there is a lot more to the John Franklin recruiting story than any of us will ever know.

Good for JF3. I'm proud he holds an Auburn degree and wish him well at his next destination. 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

As I have alluded to and 23 has basically confirmed, there is a lot more to the John Franklin recruiting story than any of us will ever know.

Do tell?  I really want to hear this explanation.

wde

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I would hope so. 

Best wishes young man. Keep that Auburn Degree clean because that is your future! Thanks for your efforts.

No surprise...got his degree and no point spending the year on the bench. JMO but there was no reason for Gus to play him in front of our young WRs....so best he try to latch on somewhere else and maybe get some time at QB or elsewhere.

Wishing him luck.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Please refresh our memories.  

Was said that the team tried to let him play on defense...That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

Now we must sign 2 QB's for the 2018 class.

According to all of the recruiting threads, that has been the case all along.  JG has been committed since last year and now just trying to wrap up the next QB.

35 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Do tell?  I really want to hear this explanation.

wde

That's the whole "we will never know" part.  I only speculated based on how it didn't make sense on the surface and 23 isn't telling what he knows, probably for very good reason. I know I'm not going to push him.

43 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's official... no one from Last Chance U lasted at their next school.

Didn't that QB get invited to walk on at Mississippi State?  I thought he stuck. Sure seemed happy when he got the invitation.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That's the whole "we will never know" part.  I only speculated based on how it didn't make sense on the surface and 23 isn't telling what he knows, probably for very good reason. I know I'm not going to push him.

LMAO, the only "rest of the story" regarding JFIII's recruitment is that Gus/Rhett royally screwed the pooch and had no business wasting a scholly on JFIII.

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Didn't that QB get invited to walk on at Mississippi State?  I thought he stuck. Sure seemed happy when he got the invitation.

Yes.  According to season 2 he is still a walk-on with State

Just now, doverstutts said:

His best chance for making an NFL roster would be as a kickoff return man.  That is the only position that could see him playing at AU

Or maybe someone will try him at DB...  ala NM...

JK!

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

LMAO, the only "rest of the story" regarding JFIII's recruiting is that Gus/Rhett royally screwed the pooch and had no business wasting a scholly on JFIII.

This is most likely the truth

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

He may have... you'll probably never see him on the field.

Just no room for him here, he's fast as lightning but if that's all that it took Carl Lewis would be in the  HOF by now and Usain Bolt would be on everyone's fantasy team. 

Archived