John Franklin III leaving Auburn

abw0004

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mc.....NS has gone through an army of QBs to get the ones he ends up using and comparing our recruiting leverage to bama is unfair.....JMO.    like it our not, he can just load up on 4 and 5 star guys and sort them out after they get to campus.   Nobody in the conference can do that but ...turnover is turnover and despite all the guys he has brought in, he still ended up with a transfer not that long ago.

as for working with JF3 to the detriment of better players, I'm not sure who you are talking about 'cause after NM, out QB situation has not panned out and JF3 had as good a chance as anyone at that point....JMO.   I mean, who knew you couldn't teach a college level QB to pass the ball ?   :)

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He honestly just looks so slow to me when he return kicks. Unnatural honestly.

I really, really want us to put Iggy back to return kicks. It's an easy position to give to a true freshman as well. KJ is just way too slow. I wouldn't mind pairing Iggy and Kam Martin for kicks.

2 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I really, really want us to put Iggy back to return kicks. It's an easy position to give to a true freshman as well. KJ is just way too slow. I wouldn't mind pairing Iggy and Kam Martin for kicks.

You do want someone who can take a lick and hold onto the ball.  

Worse thing I can imagine on a football field is to turn a ball over on a kick-off.....or maybe a punt return.    Those are not jobs for just anyone in my view.

4 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I LOVE THIS IDEA! YES!

Well, not a big surprise here...he wants a chance to play and the writing was on the wall that ain't happening this year at AU.  Recently got his degree, so wants that one last chance to pursue his dreams in football and do it back close to home.  Good luck JF3

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You do want someone who can take a lick and hold onto the ball.  

Worse thing I can imagine on a football field is to turn a ball over on a kick-off.....or maybe a punt return.    Those are not jobs for just anyone in my view.

I do agree with you; the job isn't for everyone. I also think punt returner is virtually off-limits for a freshman. I don't love Roberts at punt returner, but I trust him with the position and that's important. However, my problem with KJ returning kickoffs is that he's consistently running into contact before the 25 yard line. I think Iggy and Kam have that special kick return speed to get to the 30 before contact. I also think our blocking on returns should be phenomenal.

i still say no one here could factually say they knew JJ would crap his pants as a starter. after his year of backing up nick the majority including Gus thought we had our QB of the future. JJ's meltdown combined with Rhett's inexperience working with a stage fright QB.; is the reason Sean had to play sooner than later May have been one of the reasons Gus and Rhett had to spring  and roll the dice for JFIII. I will be pulling for JFIII in all endeavors in life as he is now and official Auburn man....hopefully he balls out at FAU

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I have no idea... I'm not 23, but anything is possible.

You like to allude to, then speculate and have no idea.:dead:

JFIII's best opp to contribute was as a return man. But he wasn't excited about doing it. AND he's not a physical guy with good ball security. FAU QB is light years ahead of him. His only shot is as a jet sweep screen pass package guy. He won't be Top 4 as a straight up WR at FAU. But I wish him luck. 

Really could see him as a dual QB at a smaller division. 

Curious as to who everyone thinks will be our breakout player of the season? Biggest surprise I guess, in other words. Last year, J Holsey was the biggest for me; dude was a stud despite being thrown at quite a lot. I just wonder who you think has the potential to surprise everyone -- fans and opponents alike.

59 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Was told that JF3 could hit as well as he could take a hit.  CB was not gonna work out.  Also speed at CB takes different levels than just being fast, but @bigbird and @corchjay can explain that way better than I.

It's not the hitting he couldn't do.  If you have the mindset to be physical you can be.  You must have fluid hips in that you can transition from one side to the other quickly.  Some hip movements is natural but can be trained.  For sprinters it's not encouraged so he's never trained that way.  It would be an incredibly steep learning curve.  

With all that said you have to want to play defense or you won't be any good at all.  It's a mentality. 

8 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Curious as to who everyone thinks will be our breakout player of the season? Biggest surprise I guess, in other words. Last year, J Holsey was the biggest for me; dude was a stud despite being thrown at quite a lot. I just wonder who you think has the potential to surprise everyone -- fans and opponents alike.

Dean

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

It wouldn't be hard to find a post from me talking about how I believed there was more to John's recruitment than just Gus/Rhett wanting him. And it was Saturday that 23 said:

Weak, weak, weak. Give specifics.  Are you hitching your wagon to 23 on this subject?  If yes, then, damn, you hitched your wagon to the wrong "source".  23 has been proved to be totally wrong in his evaluation/opinion/sources/inside info as it pertains to JFIII.

wde

51 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Mc.....NS has gone through an army of QBs to get the ones he ends up using and comparing our recruiting leverage to bama is unfair.....JMO.    like it our not, he can just load up on 4 and 5 star guys and sort them out after they get to campus.   Nobody in the conference can do that but ...turnover is turnover and despite all the guys he has brought in, he still ended up with a transfer not that long ago.

as for working with JF3 to the detriment of better players, I'm not sure who you are talking about 'cause after NM, out QB situation has not panned out and JF3 had as good a chance as anyone at that point....JMO.   I mean, who knew you couldn't teach a college level QB to pass the ball ?   :)

Yes, saban ended up with a transfer because he wasn't satisfied with what he had. That transfer was very good and helped get them into the playoffs. Played freaking hero ball against us, even. Not sure of what that absolves Gus?

As for your 2nd paragraph, saying that a 3* *athlete*- that was his official recruiting designation and he had no other legit offers as a QB; quite a few of us, in fact, had a pretty good idea that he couldn't be taught to throw- had as good a shot as anyone is again not a ringing endorsement of our head coach's decision making. In fact, it- along with some tough luck on the injury front- exposes a string of poor decisions. Subsequent changes that have been made suggest that the people who write and receive the big checks understand this.

This is a fantastic move for both parties imo. Kiffin knows how to use receivers in space better than 90% of guys in this sport, he'll probably find almost starter minutes by game 3 or 4, plus it gives FAU some notoriety. Great move for them. Kiffin will probably have them as the 3rd best in the state at this rate 

7 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Weak, weak, weak. Give specifics.  Are you hitching your wagon to 23 on this subject?  If yes, then, damn, you hitched your wagon to the wrong "source".  23 has been proved to be totally wrong in his evaluation/opinion/sources/inside info as it pertains to JFIII.

wde

23 wants what's best for AU and last year when he watched JF3 run the read option and throw the deep ball in practice he thought that could transition.  And who knows it might could have worked but the offense was built around whites strengths and totally different from JF3's.  If I were Gus I wouldn't have trusted JF3 because of ball security issues and that might have been the problem but in a controlled setting I'm sure JF3 looked like a world beater.  Again 23 has some of the most deeply involved insider info on this or any board.  If you want inside info don't bite the hand that feeds you.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

23 wants what's best for AU and last year when he watched JF3 run the read option and throw the deep ball in practice he thought that could transition.  And who knows it might could have worked but the offense was built around whites strengths and totally different from JF3's.  If I were Gus I wouldn't have trusted JF3 because of ball security issues and that might have been the problem but in a controlled setting I'm sure JF3 looked like a world beater.  Again 23 has some of the most deeply involved insider info on this or any board.  If you want inside info don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Amen. 

I look forward to the updates 23 provides. 

And, if Kendal Briles helped us land JS, then I don't mind giving him another tool for his offense. 

Helping Kiffin though - >:(

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

corchjay, 

I have been on AU message boards since the late 90's.  I have seen tons of "insiders" come and go and my give a damn about their feelings as what I think of their "insiderness" has been long gone.  23 just plain missed on his inside info on JFIII when it was pretty obvious to anyone watching a heavily edited reality show on Netflix that JFIII should have never been offered at a scholly at AU for any position, much less as a possible starting QB.  The fact that 23 doubled down on his opinion that JFIII was the best QB on the team last season after fall practice, just further demonstrated how "deeply involved" insiders can be totally wrong.

wde

1Best wishes to JFIII. Hope things work out for him.

4 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Me too!!!

@abw0004 how do you get your alerts? 

I'm not abw but i get my alerts the fastest from the score app. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

He honestly just looks so slow to me when he return kicks. Unnatural honestly.

I personally think he is actively trying to not get hurt.

4 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

corchjay, 

I have been on AU message boards since the late 90's.  I have seen tons of "insiders" come and go and my give a damn about their feelings as what I think of their "insiderness" has been long gone.  23 just plain missed on his inside info on JFIII when it was pretty obvious to anyone watching a heavily edited reality show on Netflix that JFIII should have never been offered at a scholly at AU for any position, much less as a possible starting QB.  The fact that 23 doubled down on his opinion that JFIII was the best QB on the team last season after fall practice, just further demonstrated how "deeply involved" insiders can be totally wrong.

wde

I understand your frustration about the swing and miss last year.  He's a homer like we all are but trust me he has deep connections.  Will he be wrong sometimes yep but will he be right more.  YEP!!!   But as I said 23 has the best intentions for AU in every regard and his connections will be for a lifetime not specifically to one coach or one coaching staff.  

I wish the absolute best to JFIII and hope he gets a chance to show his stuff at whatever school he winds up. He is a smart young man with a lot of good things going for him. May God bless him richly wherever he hangs his hat.

Godspeed JFIII!

Archived