Mark My Word 2017

DaddyBoyAU

Well, the Touchdown Auburn Bowl has been started, and @WarTim is contemplating The Nip.  It's time for Mark My Word, a thread I like to start for those crazy and insane predictions.  Most of the rules below are copy/pasted from earlier years, but read over them to refresh yourself, there are penalties associated.  

College football is getting close and we're all getting excited. There's lots of prognostications by the sportscasters and fellow board members, but you've got a feeling about a team, a coach, or a player. Tell us about it.

Make your boldest college football related prediction. It cannot be a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Georgia Southern!") or one that many people believe anyway, but a prediction that almost no one else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related and could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc.  You can also make AUFamily related predictions (regarding a member, The Nip, Touchdown Auburn Bowl, etc.).   After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

I'm not going to bring up the bold predictions I made last year, or even the year before; they didn't turn out so well :dead:. But new folks can look back in the archives for the other Mark My Word threads if you want to get an idea of how this works:

Mark My Word 2016
Mark My Word 2015
Mark My Word 2014
Mark My Word 2013
Mark My Word 2012
Mark My Word 2011
Mark My Word 2010
Mark My Word 2009
Mark My Word 2008
Mark My Word 2007
Mark My Word 2006
Mark My Word 2005

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.
* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it. Judgement call by the referee.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

You don't necessarily have to explain why you believe the way you do, but if you want to elaborate, go ahead.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

I'll get this started:

Mark my word:  Wisconsin makes it to the playoffs this year.  That's right, Wisconsin.
Mark my word:  Alabama loses two or more games (and fans blame the OC; Saban is safe).
Mark my word:  I win the Touchdown Auburn Bowl this year.

Alright - let's hear those insane predictions!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this thread!

MMW, Auburn will win the NC this year!!!

MMW, Stidham will Break school passing records!

MMW, bama will lead the SEC in rushing, but lose 2 SEC games this year. 

MMW, Sumlin will get fired after another disappointing season, and Burt will be the new "hot seat coach" after the season. 

Mark My Word

Mr. Carlson will hit the (Groza, Camp, Wuerfful) trifecta, with

no worries about that Guy.

32 minutes ago, DaddyBoyAU said:

Mark my word:  Wisconsin makes it to the playoffs this year.  That's right, Wisconsin.

Alright - let's hear those insane predictions!

You may not know this but they just lost their best defensive player for the year a few days ago so that really would be amazing if they make the playoffs.

Mark My Word.. Miss St loses the 3rd place SEC West tiebreaker to LSU but still finishes with a respectable 4th place finish and a winning record.

MMW.. Neither Sam Darnold nor Baker Mayfield will finish as a Heisman finalist, and one of the two will miss out on the top 10 completely.

MMW.. Bama loses not 1.. not 2.. but 3 times in the regular season!

Mark My Words: Jarrett Stidham will not lead the SEC West in passing yards (Shea Patterson will), but he will in TD/Int ration (Shea Patterson will throw the most INTs). 

Mark My Words: Arkansas will finish 3rd in the SEC West, behind Auburn and Alabama, but ahead of LSU. 

Mark My Words: Auburn goes 11-1 wins SEC West and SEC Championship game

Mark My Words: Bama loses 3 games including to Auburn

Mark My Words: Both Stidham and KP in Heisman hunt but neither wins

Mark My Words: Stidham decides to play one more year at Auburn

MMW: we'll start out slow against GS, the board will start melting down, then we'll run away with it. Game will be over by the 4th quarter. 

MMW: the defense will be even better than last year. 

MMW: Bama will lose three games in the regular season. 

MMW: LSU will finish close to the bottom of the SEC West 

MMW: Clemson won't make the playoffs or win the ACC 

MMW: South Carolina will finish 8-4 and second in the SEC East.
MMW: Auburn's defense will be top 25 in the nation in turnovers.
MMW: Auburn will win the SEC but lose their first playoff game.
MMW: A Running Back will win the Heisman this year.
MMW: By the end of Conference Championship week there will be 3 SEC head coaching vacancies.

MMW - AU will beat Clemson by two touchdowns.

MMW - AU players will keep their noses clean. No cleaning the stables this year. 

MMW - UGA will have one random loss to a team they should have beat and will self report more recruiting violations.

MMW - Gus will make the announcement that he will become a grandpa. 

MMW - JS stays...even after a record breaking year. He and his gf stay together throughout the season. 

MMW - NCM will GO OFF and ONLY get better throughout the season. 

MMW - My football crush, Kyle Davis, will host a dance party during every warm up on Game Day.

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mark my word

Jf3 will transfer from AU

Flag on the field:  No wimpy predictions.  15 yards and you sit out next play.

MMW:  High school seniors will see something they've never experienced in their lifetime, an AU win in Baton Rouge.

MMW:  Bama has a 10 game winning streak, with losses bookending the season (vs FSU, at AU)

MMW:  Final Four (in no particular order) - AU, Michigan, Washington, FSU

MMW:  I'm going to be super-pissed if my scheduled anniversary cruise with the wife means me missing AU in the Natty.

Mark My Words: Drew Locke will be the best QB statistically in the SEC and Mizzou will make a bowl game

Mark My Words: Ole Miss will get enough wins to be bowl eligible (obviously cannot play in one but their record will reflect it.) and have a couple of big upsets on the year.

Mark My words: Florida will be awful this year and be 5-7 or 6-6. Bad Offense still but all of Muschamps NFL players on that defense are gone now will be the difference.

Mark My Words: South Carolina will win the SEC East and Muschamp will win SEC Coach of the Year.

Mark My Words: Arkansas will go in to Bryant Denny and upset Alabama this year.

Mark My Words: Stidham throws for over 3k yards and breaks Cams record of 30 td passes in a year

Mark My Words: NCM has a 1k yard season

Mark My Words: Kyle Davis has double digit TDs as our big RZ target.

Mark My Words: We beat LSU for the first time at Red Stick since 99.

Mark My Words: Bubba gets over 1.5k Yards rushing.

Mark My Words: AU has the best offense in the SEC.

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They have TVs and wifi on most cruise lines I believe 

I've attended both National Title games that we've played in.  Not being there would be torture for me.  Also, the wifi is crazy expensive.

MMW:  Auburn will have more All SEC and All Americans than Bama

MMW:  Auburn O generates 2 1K yd RB's and a 1 1K yd WR

MMW:  Auburn handles UGA and Bama easily with a UGA rematch for SEC

MMW:  Auburn is Top10 in Total O&D

MMW:  Auburn's Jumbotron flakes out on most critical replay review of the year

MMW:  The NC title game is a rematch of last year's Sugar Bowl with same score, different winner

MMW:  We lose no starter to significant injury 

35 minutes ago, truebluealum said:

Mark My Words: Georgia Southern will have Auburn on the ropes in the 4th quarter. Until a fumble gives Auburn the game back.

Is that how this works? :)

You can't play. ?

Archived