Mark My Word 2017

DaddyBoyAU

MMW:

Gus will be in New York for the Heisman Presentation with either Stidham or Pettway, or both.
Ohio State will not win the Big 10.
Clemson loses 3 games.  Yes, AU is one of those losses.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MMW: Auburn wins in Baton Rouge for the first time since 1999.

MMW: Pettway runs for 2,000+ yards but still doesn't win the Heisman

MMW: Carlson wins a major game for us with a late FG

MMW: Butch Jones & Kevin Sumlin are both fired at the end of the year.

MMW: Stidham returns for his Junior Year.

MMW :

Auburn scores a TD on a PR, KR, and at least 1 Defense TD.

Auburn will have a shutout on D this season. 

We will not lose by a double digit score (if at all).

We will finish at least +5 on turnover margin. 

2 coaches in SEC get fired, one mid season

Love this, one of my favorites along with the weekly look alike thread!

MMW, Carlson will assume punting duties during the Clemson game and be selected SEC kicker and punter of the year

MMW, Lane Kiffen will win six games by the end of October and will leave FAU for another job by thanksgiving

MMW, AU will have 2 x 1000 yard rushers, 1 x 1000 yard receiver, and a 3000 yard passer

MMW, Auburn fans, including myself, will descend upon Mizzou in unprecedented numbers for Mizzou's only home sell out game of the year (game is on my birthday this year)

War Eagle!

OK boys a serious MMW:

1. LSU will go 6-6 and Coach O will be on a super hot seat. LSU will win their bowl game finishing 7-6

2. Ole Miss will go 2-10 with a defense that gives up an average of 475 yards per game and the offense will yield a meager 341 ypg.

3. Miss State will go 8-5

4. Arky will go 7-5

5. The turds will go 9-3 with a loss to Auburn by a score of 24-10

Auburn will go 15-0 National Champs indeed!

On 8/15/2017 at 3:12 PM, McLoofus said:

MMW: Jeff Holland will have more sacks than Carl Lawson did in any season while he was here. 

so he is bagging groceries now?   lol i kid i kid.....

On 8/15/2017 at 5:30 PM, auburnphan said:

Mark My Words:   A4E will have a stretch of 5 + positive posts on more than one occasion this season.

You have lost your mind!!

A4E will go the entire season without mentioning firing Jacobs, stadium expansion, scheduling "good" teams, or Gus' shortcomings developing qbs.....yeah right?

From the better late than never department, MMW--There will be a game when, for various reasons, all our eagles are grounded. This proves to be a bad omen, as we can't get out of our own way and lose to a team we should have beaten. In addition, a key player will suffer a season-ending injury. Bitter fans will use their now-irrelevant tp to mummify animal rights protesters lurking outside the stadium. The eagles, who always look fiercely determined anyway, never miss another game.

MMW: A non-power 5 school will make the college football playoff this season.

MMW: Paul James III will lead the SEC in QB Hurries 

MMW: A walk-on will provide a big play in a critical moment this season (Schenker, Tolbert, the safety that played well on ADay(name escapes me, Sam something) , etc ...

Mark My Words: Sumlin gets fired at the end of the season.

Mark My Words: There will be a pleasant surprise, and an unexpected offensive player will emerge as a key player. Someone not even the coaches expected to be as good as he turned out.

Mark My Words: Stidham will be shaky in his first conference game, but after a bad quarter, he goes into beast mode and shows everyone why he's the starting QB.

Mark My Words: Georgia goes to the SECCG.

Mark my words: Pettway wins our 4th Heisman this year. 

Mark my words: KD & NCM will be the best receiving duo in the nation. 

On 8/16/2017 at 4:53 PM, MCPeePants said:

Glad to say... no MMW; doesn't count.

Oh no not that, there go my MMW winner's national title game tix!:-\

On 8/15/2017 at 3:30 PM, Brad_ATX said:

I've attended both National Title games that we've played in.  Not being there would be torture for me.  Also, the wifi is crazy expensive.

Send money, I will go in your place and tell you about it. Better yet, I will take your wife on the cruise.................^-^

• 2 weeks later...

MMW - Mr. Igbinoghene will launch, from outside the 10, past a waiting safety, and personally deliver the ball, by air mail, into the end zone.

Because of the forward layout style of the jump, track&field powers won't even bother to measure.

MMW - Mr Johnson will score by each of running, catching, and throwing and (to the lamentation of some here), by one of the aforementioned paths, in a Special Teams situation.

MARK MY WORD: Auburn leads the SEC in Passing this year

MARK MY WORD: Auburn plays Ugag in the SEC Championship and the winner wins the Natty

MARK MY WORD: Auburn goes into the Bama game undefeated

Mark my words: During the season all posters will find a corner back to pick on. Only @cole256 will defend this person.

Mark my words: Having already achieved near the correct shape, Takeo Spikes head will begin transforming into a diamond.

Mark my words:  Auburn beats Bama easily, Seeing our trees are guarded, Bammers will instead poison themselves.

MMW: Cam leads Carolina back to the Super Bowl and defeats Pittsburg...

MMW: Shawn White comes off the bench to defeat an SEC opponent on the road.

MMW: Coach T-Will will be offered a DC position at South Carolina, but will not accept it....become co-DC next year, Coach Steele retires after 2018 season...T-Will becomes new DC.

MMW: Auburn's backs will score at least 10 receiving TD's with Chandler Cox scoring 3 TD's....

MMW: The kicking game will cost us a game this year.....

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 3:25 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Mark My Words: Drew Locke will be the best QB statistically in the SEC and Mizzou will make a bowl game

Mark My Words: Ole Miss will get enough wins to be bowl eligible (obviously cannot play in one but their record will reflect it.) and have a couple of big upsets on the year.

Mark My words: Florida will be awful this year and be 5-7 or 6-6. Bad Offense still but all of Muschamps NFL players on that defense are gone now will be the difference.

Mark My Words: South Carolina will win the SEC East and Muschamp will win SEC Coach of the Year.

Mark My Words: Arkansas will go in to Bryant Denny and upset Alabama this year.

Mark My Words: Stidham throws for over 3k yards and breaks Cams record of 30 td passes in a year

Mark My Words: NCM has a 1k yard season

Mark My Words: Kyle Davis has double digit TDs as our big RZ target.

Mark My Words: We beat LSU for the first time at Red Stick since 99.

Mark My Words: Bubba gets over 1.5k Yards rushing.

Mark My Words: AU has the best offense in the SEC.

I was right a decent bit about things NOT concerning AU. Unfortunately I was wrong on just about every AU prediction lol

Archived