Doug Jones

alexava

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am infinitely LGBTQ Friendly, but I feel killing a baby because people are too lazy to treat their sexuality like an adult and take responsibility for their own actions is just endorsing stupid behavior before and after the reality of parenthood. Look, non-procreative sex is out there. There is literally birth control on every corner. If all this is too hard for you to understand, I think you need to figure out how to Adult. I would bet that I am now Left of most on this board, but I will never understand taking the life of the unborn can in any way be condoned by civilized people.

However, God is in the forgiving business and we all, especially myself, do stupid things and all need forgiveness...As hard as it is for even me to accept, we all sin and no one's sin is any greater than anyone else's...

I'm pro-choice. But it's my wish that no one would choose abortion. Instead of attacking abortion, lets politically eradicate the reasons women choose abortion. People who choose abortion don't always do it because they made a mistake and got pregnant. There is a reason abortion rates fall under Democrat administration. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I'm pro-choice. But it's my wish that no one would choose abortion. Instead of attacking abortion, lets politically eradicate the reasons women choose abortion. People who choose abortion don't always do it because they made a mistake and got pregnant. There is a reason abortion rates fall under Democrat administration. 

The "pro-life" position is more about having a useful political tool than it is reducing abortions.

Democrats running for office in Alabama should just say they are pro-life and nothing more.  

In fact, from a political standpoint I wish SCOTUS would simply go ahead and repeal Roe v. Wade.  Let each states do what it wants and suffer the consequences. 

After all, the only people it would hurt are poor women.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

In the past, I have supported candidates within the GOP. But after seeing recent behaviors of this party, the desire to strip Americans from healthcare, the hypocrisy of claiming to be a moral party yet elevating the immoral to the presidency, the unwillingness to rapidly condemn racism, I will never again vote for someone who runs under that party. 

And in the past I have voted for a candidate who was not anti-abortion.  But the combination of a GOP candidate whose past and overall trustworthiness led me to believe he was paying lip service to issues of life, pandering for votes, and a Democratic candidate who was open to some restrictions and had some concrete plans that I believed would help reduce abortions besides passing out more condoms, led me to cross the aisle and vote for the Democrat in a Senate race.

But my only point is, the Left, in general, is not any less of a single issue or a handful of social issues voting bloc than the Right is.  

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And in the past I have voted for a candidate who was not anti-abortion.  But the combination of a GOP candidate whose past and overall trustworthiness led me to believe he was paying lip service to issues of life, pandering for votes, and a Democratic candidate who was open to some restrictions and had some concrete plans that I believed would help reduce abortions besides passing out more condoms, led me to cross the aisle and vote for the Democrat in a Senate race.

But my only point is, the Left, in general, is not any less of a single issue or a handful of social issues voting bloc than the Right is.  

I understand your point. If all conservatives were as logical as you I might cross the aisle more often. But I think even you may agree that isn't the case of late.

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The "pro-life" position is more about having a useful political tool than it is reducing abortions.

Democrats running for office in Alabama should just say they are pro-life and nothing more.  

In fact, from a political standpoint I wish SCOTUS would simply go ahead and repeal Roe v. Wade.  Let each states do what it wants and suffer the consequences. 

After all, the only people it would hurt are poor women.

Pro life is just from conception to birth in GOP land. Once you exit the womb, you're on your own.

37 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Pro life is just from conception to birth in GOP land. Once you exit the womb, you're on your own.

I am not that way and in fact, i dont know that many that are. I know many miserable childless couples out there that have gone so far as to Russia, China, and Guatemala to adopt children. Kim and I looked into adoption from Guatemala and then life happened. We slaughter 1.3M/year here in America. We have likely slaughtered (1.M/yr X 44 years) close to 44M+ babies for nothing more than people that REFUSE to take control of their sexual lives. Those on the Right that dont want to pay for Birth Control are hyper hypocritical. They are wrong. But I harbor no delusions myself. If BC were free and delivered to the home it wouldnt stop 5% of abortions. People just dont give a damn about taking responsibility for their sex lives. They just dont. I speak as someone that has worked with the poor (1.5 years) and teens (5+ years).

One cannot logically, rationally, reasonably explain how killing 44M babies is a good thing. For the sake of nothing more than convenience to run to the drug store and get some birth control we have killed off 1/7 or so of our population. Nothing more than convenience of inherently stupid people. I had a gf one time slaughtered my first child after I told her we would marry and or I would pay the child support. I have also saved one beautiful girl from getting slaughtered. This should NEVER be an academic discussion. This should be discussed only with pictures of fetuses babies showing and videos of parents loving their kids running. This is not academic. It is real life. The people who want to talk about fetuses are the same asses that turned blacks into 2/3s of a white. All you have to do is dehumanize the victim and voila' insanity is no longer so bad. Hitler would be so proud they learned his lesson. 

55 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I understand your point. If all conservatives were as logical as you I might cross the aisle more often. But I think even you may agree that isn't the case of late.

Sadly, I have to agree.

If only the Alabama Democratic Party would come to their senses and give folks like me a reason to consider their candidates.

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Sadly, I have to agree.

If only the Alabama Democratic Party would come to their senses and give folks like me a reason to consider their candidates.

Give us a few years...They had a State Wide Door Knocking for Jones that didnt get announced until an hour before it started this AM. <smdh>

The voter funnel of causality was what I was taught in school. Voting issue related seems to be the best bet because it can be beneficial long term, instead of financially short term.

Useful PDF:

3204_week7_voting_behavior.pdf

8 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Sadly, I have to agree.

Truth

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am not that way and in fact, i dont know that many that are. I know many miserable childless couples out there that have gone so far as to Russia, China, and Guatemala to adopt children. Kim and I looked into adoption from Guatemala and then life happened. We slaughter 1.3M/year here in America. We have likely slaughtered (1.M/yr X 44 years) close to 44M+ babies for nothing more than people that REFUSE to take control of their sexual lives. Those on the Right that dont want to pay for Birth Control are hyper hypocritical. They are wrong. But I harbor no delusions myself. If BC were free and delivered to the home it wouldnt stop 5% of abortions. People just dont give a damn about taking responsibility for their sex lives. They just dont. I speak as someone that has worked with the poor (1.5 years) and teens (5+ years).

One cannot logically, rationally, reasonably explain how killing 44M babies is a good thing. For the sake of nothing more than convenience to run to the drug store and get some birth control we have killed off 1/7 or so of our population. Nothing more than convenience of inherently stupid people. I had a gf one time slaughtered my first child after I told her we would marry and or I would pay the child support. I have also saved one beautiful girl from getting slaughtered. This should NEVER be an academic discussion. This should be discussed only with pictures of fetuses babies showing and videos of parents loving their kids running. This is not academic. It is real life. The people who want to talk about fetuses are the same asses that turned blacks into 2/3s of a white. All you have to do is dehumanize the victim and voila' insanity is no longer so bad. Hitler would be so proud they learned his lesson. 

I was referring to politicians mostly. But I hear people around me all the time complaining about people on welfare. Those people have kids, should we starve them too? Heard several people say they couldn't vote HRC because she was "for abortion." Those same people talked about the teen girl at our local HS that got pregnant and decided to keep her baby. Shouldn't they have applauded her for choosing life? People in my community lack the ability to think outside the box. And they certainly don't recognize hypocrisy. 

30 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I was referring to politicians mostly. But I hear people around me all the time complaining about people on welfare. Those people have kids, should we starve them too? Heard several people say they couldn't vote HRC because she was "for abortion." Those same people talked about the teen girl at our local HS that got pregnant and decided to keep her baby. Shouldn't they have applauded her for choosing life? People in my community lack the ability to think outside the box. And they certainly don't recognize hypocrisy. 

damn Elle, we might live in the same town.

I could on and on about teen pregnancy. This is a deep deep subject. Teens with kids is a bad thing, but it still happens and goes on. The young lady I talked about above had a 14 yo mom, there were laws broken and the father of the baby of course walked out. I supported the mom and baby after the birth. Provided them with a home and subsistence and education for the mom for several years until their lives got better. I put my beliefs to the test all the time. I know however that there is an abundance of "sneering christians" that would do nothing but condemn the mom, a victim of a crime. I saw it with this little family up close and personal. 

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I could on and on about teen pregnancy. This is a deep deep subject. Teens with kids is a bad thing, but it still happens and goes on. The young lady I talked about above had a 14 yo mom, there were laws broken and the father of the baby of course walked out. I supported the mom and baby after the birth. Provided them with a home and subsistence and education for the mom for several years until their lives got better. I put my beliefs to the test all the time. I know however that there is an abundance of "sneering christians" that would do nothing but condemn the mom, a victim of a crime. I saw it with this little family up close and personal. 

If there were more people who did what you are doing, then maybe abortion rates would drop. But the sad truth is every woman who chooses abortion doesn't have someone who will love and support them and help them take care of their baby. 

16 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

If there were more people who did what you are doing, then maybe abortion rates would drop. But the sad truth is every woman who chooses abortion doesn't have someone who will love and support them and help them take care of their baby. 

Elle, from the Courthouse to the local restaurants, even Walmart, there were adults that consider themselves to be good people that went out of their way to treat the mom and baby like crap. There are truly mean people in the world and a lot of those mean folks call themselves Christian. I have to quit talking about this. It is dragging up too many memories and I am sitting here getting all tore up about this. 

17 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Truth. Why it has to be a public issue is a question. The numbers I keep hearing (1.3-1.4million) may be correct but shouldn't be known. Out of sight out of mind.... This is a private matter. It is a reset button. Not slaughter. 

Archived