Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News

AUDub

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Violence is equivalent to violence, no matter if by a well funded machine or by loose and newly formed terrorist groups that are growing their militias at rapid speed. But you're smart enough to know that. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/897532820670775296/video/1

Check out this goob wearing a confederate uniform and the conniptions that he caused. 

Hell, I can't blame the residents for being pissed. Could you if a bunch of idiots terrorized your town, then some idiot has the nerve to come and grandstand around the statue they rallied around?

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/local/n-c-man-in-confederate-uniform-with-rifle-in-emancipation/article_8fece36c-81c8-11e7-9a3c-bb3e2637cc8d.html

And then listen to the police officer at the end * high five*

"Armentrout said he came to Charlottesville to let people know there are people who are not white supremacists who support the Confederacy and Lee."

He failed to do what he intended to do when he showed up with an AR-15, a handgun strapped on his belt and carrying a confederate flag.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Violence is equivalent to violence, no matter if by a well funded machine or by loose and newly formed terrorist groups that are growing their militias at rapid speed. But you're smart enough to know that. 

Just because you keep dismissing the distinctions does not make them disappear. There is nuance here you don't grasp.

3 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Just because you keep dismissing the distinctions does not make them disappear. There is nuance here you don't grasp.

Bull. You can't claim there is no moral equivalence to the Nazis when the terrorist group that you're so desperate to defend just suppressed free speech via threats of the same grotesque measures of the far right.

11 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

"Armentrout said he came to Charlottesville to let people know there are people who are not white supremacists who support the Confederacy and Lee."

He failed to do what he intended to do when he showed up with an AR-15, a handgun strapped on his belt and carrying a confederate flag.

That had nothing to do with the police officer at the end. 

19 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bull. You can't claim there is no moral equivalence to the Nazis when the terrorist group that you're so desperate to defend just suppressed free speech via threats of the same grotesque measures of the far right.

Well, there you have it.  

But explain how anyone's "free speech" got suppressed?    

If I go to one of your relative's funeral and piss in the grave in the name of free speech would you object?

You lack any sense of perspective.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But explain how anyone's "free speech" got suppressed?    

The march was "postponed"  due to far left threats..

If I go to one of your relative's funeral and piss in the grave in the name of free speech would you object?

Would you object if I allowed you to accept the consequences for using your free speech so unwisely by giving you a broken jaw? 

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The march was "postponed"  due to far left threats..

Posobiec of pizzagate fame. LOL

Let's be real. It got postponed because it had around 50 people "interested" while the counterprotest had over 1,500.

There is no such thing as an alt-left. It is a make believe entity dreamt up by the neo nazis to have an opponent.

Would you object if I allowed you to accept the consequences for using your free speech so unwisely by giving you a broken jaw? 

But hey isn't "violence equivalent to violence?"

29 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Yep. That's still violence, alright. I'm not claiming moral highground either. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

And that would make us "morally equivalent", right?

Let's try an exercise:

What if a few of the 'anti protestors'  squirted water from the water bottles at the Nazis.  Would that constitute an attack that put them on the same level as Nazis?

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Posobiec of pizzagate fame. LOL

Let's be real. It got postponed because it had around 50 people "interested" while the counterprotest had over 1,500.

There is no such thing as an alt-left. It is a make believe entity dreamt up by the neo nazis to have an opponent.

Funny, I thought Trump made it up.  (As if it mattered.)

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And that would make us "morally equivalent", right?

For breaking your jaw? Probably not. 

Just now, homersapien said:

Postponed by whom?

The protestors. They're smartly afraid the threat would be acted upon and fulfilled

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Let's try an exercise:

What if a few of the 'anti protestors'  squirted water from the water bottles at the Nazis.  Would that constitute an attack that put them on the same level as Nazis?

Nope. Please cut to the chase or move along. Getting hosed is a good idea though. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Smart move. Threats of murder and being out numbered 30-1 by counter protesters with a high propensity for violence would've made for a bad day. 

Are the Alt-left democrats into bullying groups into silence these days? 

For breaking your jaw? Probably not. 

How so?  :dunno:

I wasn't exhibiting violence at all.  Taking a piss on a casket is not violent.

And here you exerted violence and caused me injury.

By your own standard, I hold the moral highground in this.

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The protestors. They're smartly afraid the threat would be acted upon and fulfilled

Presumably you are referring to the Nazis.

I doubt that.  

Why did they show up with helmets, shields, stanchions and guns if they were so "afraid" of possible violence?

And get real, they weren't protesting, they were putting on a demonstration of power and solidarity.  In fact, I didn't hear one word about Lee's statue during their "protest".

So, considering violence plays right into their intent, why would they postpone anything?

28 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Nope. Please cut to the chase or move along. Getting hosed is a good idea though. 

Seriously?

You are going  to tuck tail and run from me now?   :-\

And I thought you've been "schooling" me.  

So what are you afraid of?

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Smart move. Threats of murder and being out numbered 30-1 by counter protesters with a high propensity for violence would've made for a bad day. 

You betcha, and most of those "30 counter protestors" consisted of townspeople of Charlottesville including their clergy.

And "alt left"? :-\

Not to mix my metaphors, but as you dig yourself deeper and deeper, the layers covering your true psyche just keep peeling away.

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'm talking about the google march that the Alt left suppressed. I even copied and pasted the article. You are lost

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?

I said cut to the chase or move along. No where did I imply that I was running.

You betcha, and most of those "30 counter protestors" consisted of townspeople of Charlottesville including their clergy.

Thanks for proving that you're lost.

:-\

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

By your own standard, I hold the moral highground in this.

Hence why I said there wasn't a moral equivalency. Are you drunk? 

Hence why I said there wasn't a moral equivalency. Are you drunk? 

So, somone crashes your loved one's funeral, pisses on on the casket to make a "statement" and I hold the moral high ground simply because you hit me?

And you suggest I am the one drinking???   

I am starting to understand your problem.  

You don't understand what is really meant by "moral highground".  It's not something that is determined or negated by an understandible violent response, if one that is technically illegal. 

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, somone crashes your loved one's funeral, pisses on on the casket to make a "statement" and I hold the moral high ground simply because you hit me?

yeah, because I hit you, which was unnecessary and also broke your jaw in the meantime. And can you please stop with the hypotheticals. You are only getting yourself twisted up.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And you suggest I am the one drinking???   

Yep. You're still lost and clearly can't keep up.

Don't be fooled. They postponed because of a potentially embarrassingly low turnout. No one's interested after last week. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I doubt that.  

Why did they show up with helmets, shields, stanchions and guns if they were so "afraid" of possible violence?

And get real, they weren't protesting, they were putting on a demonstration of power and solidarity.  In fact, I didn't hear one word about Lee's statue during their "protest".

So, considering violence plays right into their intent, why would they postpone anything?

I have personally become convinced that the Unite the Right rally was intended to be an incitement to Violence from the beginning and not an exercise of free speech. The fact that they performed an unauthorized torch-wielding march across the UVA campus Friday night where they beat up bystanders is proof of that.

Archived