2018 4* OT Dylan Wonnum (USCe)

ChaddScott

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

His CB is 100 percent to USCe. Something changed?

Nothing other than AU & Vols may have made it tighter than people think.

Top tackle target set to make decision

One offensive line piece will drop this weekend.

Dylan Wonnum never wanted his decision to last until Signing Day. As it turns out, it won’t. The 4-star offensive tackle from Tucker, Ga., wanted his decision to be finalized before his senior season began. However, Wonnum’s process has dragged on much longer than previously expected.

It will now end soon.

Wonnum will announce his decision Saturday on social media. Keith Niebuhr of 247Sports was the first to report the scheduled commitment.

The Crystal Ball will have you believe South Carolina already has his commitment. Wonnum’s older brother plays for the Gamecocks. At one point, Wonnum called the Tigers his leader. He has since backed off that comment, but it’s the only time in Wonnum’s recruitment he’s publicly said one team leads over others. That alone should be enough to make Auburn feel like a contender coming into this weekend.

Wonnum has been a tough recruitment to track. He keeps everything quiet. Many of the people around him are as in the dark about his upcoming decision as reporters may be. The preconceived notion is Wonnum will choose South Carolina this weekend. That’s the direction I went with my Crystal Ball pick after he took his official visit to Columbia, S.C., last weekend. I did that with a little bit of reluctance, however, because I know the relationships he has with Auburn coaches and signees such as Michael Harris and Jalil Irvin.

Auburn has continued its push.

Coach Gus Malzahn, offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes went to Tucker, Ga., for an in-home visit earlier this week. The Tigers don’t feel out of it.

The one factor that probably puts the Tigers behind: They brought Wonnum on an official visit the first recruiting weekend of January. That came before Herb Hand’s departure for Texas. Had Wonnum waited a week, I would’ve liked Auburn’s chances much more given his then-ability to do the official visit with Grimes in place.

It didn’t happen that way, which is what gives South Carolina the edge.

It would make sense for him to come to Auburn over SC. SC has no chance to win the east now that UGA has established itself as the premier team in the east. Look for Florida to come in 2nd soon. UT will likely fill in the 3rd spot in the east. USC can only hope for 4th and maybe 3rd spot in the east.

Coming to Auburn will give him a much better chance to winning the SEC West and playing for the title.  I see no reason for us to lose much traction in the West and will compete for the title in seasons to come. 2018 should see us winning 9-11 regular season games if all goes well. Our offense could be even better.  We have some serious speed coming in. Mr. Schwartz will give us probably the fastest player in the SEC. With him, Shivers, Slayton, Stove and company will give us ridiculous speed.  Asa and Kmart are no slow movers either. I think our offense will be even more balanced than 2017. I think Gus will give CCL a bit more leeway with running the offense.

On the other side of the ball, we will be strong and could be better than 2017 & 2016. We did lose some key players, but the DL could be special and the LB position could be fine as well. IF our DBs can be pretty good, we will have a top 4 defense in the SEC and top 3 offense in the SEC. I know there will be some who will disagree with my assessment, and that is fine. Each of us on this site usually has a bit to bring to the table that is what being and Auburn fan is all about!

54 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we could land Calvin Anderson and Dylan Wonnum, we would have a strong OL signing class for 2018.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Thanks 

You are looking LIVE at the biggest mystery finally being solved on AU Family. Who is the man behind the Auburn4ever username lol.

1tvdyz.jpg

would have loved to have gotten him, however lets focus on Gouriage and hope his visit works the Auburn magic and flip him from UF.

Archived