Batman Question

Gowebb11

Just listened to the post scrimmage pressed from today. Somebody asked a question about the 'Batman' position on our two point conversion team. Gus immediately replied "which Batman?" and you can hear the reporter say"are we going to do this again?".  Very brief and pretty harmless, but a terse exchange.  Whoever it was you could tell Gus doesn't care for them very much, at least not today.  Anyone know who it was?

It was that slimeball Crepea, of course. :puke:

You can tell Gus doesn't like him by his reaction every time Crepea opens his mouth. 

I haven't heard the reference yet but good for Gus regardless. Sometimes certain people will get under your skin and remain there. I think it's kind of funny anyway. I'm sure Gus has more than one option so his answer is most likely appropriate. 

I can't believe Crepea said that. If he did it wasn't harmless. He hates his job and hates covering us, why the heck is he even here. What a jerk

One more thing, Saban would not have put up with that reaction by crapeola. He's lucky Gus isn't one to go off on people.

2 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I was confused by this exchange. Was this a position that Gus didn't want to be asked about maybe to keep people unaware of it? i think I'm unaware what the batman is....well outside of actual batman. 

It's the two point conversion formation, and apparently Batman is the position of the holder/QB. 

At least in the past, batman was what we called the swinging gate formation that we would line up in before shifting to extra point formation. My only guess is that he was asking who was going to line up to take the snap. But what he was really doing is bringing up past points of contention, since I believe he and Gus got into it over that formation before.

In total agreement that its a good thing that Gus treats Crepe a like the enemy he is.

So in 2013 it was called the Batman, but Gus may call it the swinging gate formation... why does Crepeeola care about this to write a stupid article about it. This guy needs to go, he is not even doing a good job. He doesn't have anything else to even write about. And who cares what the name of the play is, who the holder is going to bE!

Saban would tell him to see when they run the formation. :rant:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/08/who_will_auburn_turn_to_on_2-p.html#incart_river_index

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

His latest masterpiece: "who will be the backup holder and convert two point conversion attempts now that JF3 is gone??" 

He's so stupid; even he mentioned that we've only used it like 4 times in as many years :-\

On 8/19/2017 at 10:39 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

I read his article. He's a jerk. It is so obvious that he's got something against Gus.

Several years ago- maybe between the '13 and '14 seasons?- Gus no-showed an event in Montgomery. Creepy whined about it, quite loudly. Not sure if it was the reason for his ongoing disrespect towards Gus and the program or just his excuse to bring a pre-existing negative bias to the forefront, but it's been game on ever since.

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Several years ago- maybe between the '13 and '14 seasons?- Gus no-showed an event in Montgomery. Creepy whined about it, quite loudly. Not sure if it was the reason for his ongoing disrespect towards Gus and the program or just his excuse to bring a pre-existing negative bias to the forefront, but it's been game on ever since.

Well... he went to Ohio State.  That could cause some bias, especially since he came to Alabama the same time that Urban went to Ohio State. Prior to covering Auburn, he was at a publication in Long Island, so he could resent the fact that he's in the South instead of NYC. He's also young.  He was only 3 years out of college when he started covering Auburn. That means he could suffer from some millennial issues and hold a grudge because at some point he didn't get what he wanted and blames Gus.

Side note: He, interestingly, claims to have earned 3 bachelors degrees in 5 years at Ohio State. So either he's too smart/driven for his own good, or he's full of crap.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Well... he went to Ohio State.  That could cause some bias, especially since he came to Alabama the same time that Urban went to Ohio State. Prior to covering Auburn, he was at a publication in Long Island, so he could resent the fact that he's in the South instead of NYC. He's also young.  He was only 3 years out of college when he started covering Auburn. That means he could suffer from some millennial issues and hold a grudge because at some point he didn't get what he wanted and blames Gus.

Side note: He, interestingly, claims to have earned 3 bachelors degrees in 5 years at Ohio State. So either he's too smart/driven for his own good, or he's full of crap.

If he was that smart then why'd he "settle" in at a al.com? lol 

Is the asshatery award still going around? We've got another serious candidate.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

If he's that smart, what's he doing as a beat writer?  Seems to me, 'he's full of crap' is probably the case.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

If he was that smart then why'd he "settle" in at a al.com? lol 

Is the asshatery award still going around? We've got another serious candidate.

Great minds...

46 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

If he's that smart, what's he doing as a beat writer?  Seems to me, 'he's full of crap' is probably the case.

Yea...I lean that way... thought I do wonder why Ohio State hasn't called him out with it plastered on his LinkedIn.  I guess no one cares to look.

Archived