Remaining 12 Spots

NorthGATiger

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2017 at 8:58 PM, corchjay said:

A lot of D-ball running through the veins back then.  We were bigger and stronger then everyone we played

The exception was that Nebraska team that came calling and dismantled us. That was the Steinkhuler and Rimington bunch. They tossed us around like paper. That was the only time that happened to a Dye team that I can remember.

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The exception was that Nebraska team that came calling and dismantled us. That was the Steinkhuler and Rimington bunch. They tossed us around like paper. That was the only time that happened to a Dye team that I can remember.

That would be called "Husker Power".   More "medicine" in their bodies then Sammy Sosa.  

32 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That would be called "Husker Power".   More "medicine" in their bodies then Sammy Sosa.  

And that was early (1982) in the Dye tenure. He learned how to "train" players from that whipping

We are finally filling these spots with 4stars! 3-4 in a row I believe.

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I have no doubt they were juicing, but they were also known for having an O-line full of redshirt 5th year seniors who had been juicing and lifting for 4 years under Boyd Epley.  Doesn't get any better than that strength wise.

I say we change the title to this thread every time someone commits. It would be an easy way to figure out how many more players we are taking. 

Hey @thaitopher, I was thinking same. Best I can do since I'm not a mod...

On 8/19/2017 at 9:50 PM, NorthGATiger said:

I'm bored.  Who do you think fills out our 13 12 remaining spots and who do you see not signing that is currently committed?  Just some names below to look at if there was a wish list.  What do ya'll think?

Justin Fields                   
Dylan Wonnum                    
Trey Hill                                
Andres Fox                   
Asa Martin  GOT HIM

Dameon Pierce

Richard Jibunor

Justyn Ross

Seth Williams

Richard Gouraige

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good to know.  Thanks. Hopefully we will get at least 3 of those guys in the next month. 

18 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I was at that game and I remember well how they manhandled us. That game was a case of men against boys.

In particular I remember how Remington made Dowe Aughman look like a high school player.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe you should be a mod. Wait does it pay anything ? Maybe I should be one too if it does, I'm certainly on here enough. ha ha

20 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I was at that game and I remember well how they manhandled us. That game was a case of men against boys.

In particular I remember how Remington made Dowe Aughman look like a high school player.

I was at that game and knew we were in trouble when Remington unsnapped his chin strap by palming his helmet with his right hand and lifting it from his head.  First and only time I had witnessed that technique.

20 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I had a friend the game the year before. At Nebraska. He said the Nebraska fans gave our guys a standing ovation at the end of the game. For how hard they played

24 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I had a friend the game the year before. At Nebraska. He said the Nebraska fans gave our guys a standing ovation at the end of the game. For how hard they played

We should have won that game?

12 minutes ago, War Knight said:

We need some star power for sure. Too many 3 stars for my liking but I'm greedy!

Don't sleep on 3*s that Gus recruits. If we were to make a list of every 3* that has committed to Auburn since 2013 and notate which ones were 4*s by NSD and which ones ended up being major contributors on the team, I think a lot of people would be surprised.

On 8/25/2017 at 6:53 PM, kd4au said:

Maybe you should be a mod. Wait does it pay anything ? Maybe I should be one too if it does, I'm certainly on here enough. ha ha

Why do you think I was able to retire so young

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Why do you think I was able to retire so young

Then how do I sign up, wait your young.

Out of this list, as of today, here is my take

Justin Fields                   -- 30 %. A lot will depend upon what he sees this year from us.
Dylan Wonnum             -- 50%.. Although SC is the favorite (due to where his brother plays), he has stated we are definitely at the top of his consideration. Great defensive year may be enough.
Trey Hill                               --   5 % . Seems to be all Bulldog.     
Andres Fox                      -- 20%. Seems to be all LSU
Channing Tindall    --     5 %... He is not even giving us serious consideration, Gamecock bound
Kyler McMichael     --     30%.. If we beat Clemson and show it on the field this year, chances will increase. Likes where out coaching staff sees him playing.
Asa Martin  GOT HIM
Harold Joiner            -- 5%.. Seems to be all LSU. Now that we got  Asa Martin (aka Aston Martin), very doubtful.
Coynis Miller             -- 75%. Think he will be a Tiger.

Dameon Pierce             -- 5%. Committed to FL. With  Asa (aka Aston Martin) on board, doubtful he will flip, unless Florida implodes.

Richard Jibunor           -- 85 % . Believe he will be a Tiger

Justyn Ross              -- 55%.  Fields would no doubt seal the deal, but if Stidham stays and with Gatewood  on board,  may be enough.

Seth Williams         -- 55%.. We are trending here. Going to be hard for him to commit now, playing for Paul Bryant HS. He would catch h*ll every day.

Richard Gouraige        -- 10%  . All Florida and I do not see this changing. We have to pretty much win the Natty and Florida has to fall on its face.

54 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

We have to pretty much win the Natty and Florida has to fall on its face.

I take that as our chances are pretty good..

Archived