Nation's top OLB has AL 1, AU 2

ChaddScott

One of my GridironNow.com colleagues caught up with the nation's No. 1 outside linebacker recently. The Moultrie, GA prospect has Auburn 2nd behind Alabama.

JJ Peterson

JJ Peterson may still take some more time before making a final decision, but he does already have his favorites in mind.

Story: http://gridironnow.com/jj-peterson-nations-no-1-olb-alabama-leader-auburn-second/

If T-Will can deliver on this, he deserves top dollar. Alabama seems to always pull the rug up from us when it comes to the elite of the elite LBs.

1 minute ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Proven success??? :dunno:

Pretty much . They are always putting out high quality LBs and secondary players . Although lately their secondary has been the Achilles heel.

59 minutes ago, DAG said:

Pretty much . They are always putting out high quality LBs and secondary players . Although lately their secondary has been the Achilles heel.

Every year they get the top recruits in those areas...same for lsu secondary wise. It's pretty easy to get proven success.

40 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Every year they get the top recruits in those areas...same for lsu secondary wise. It's pretty easy to get proven success.

Umm, you have to win to get these players and then actually develop them. I think some of you fools actually think it easy to CONTINUOUSLY be successful. I swear some of y'all say the dumbest things.  Do you think NS got #1 LB when he first got to Alabama? No. It started Rolando Mclain and then it continued to snowball. But it means crap nothing if you don't develop them. If what you said was so true then why is our defense just getting nice when we been recruiting blue chip quality players since the Chizik days? You know why LSU has a great secondary? Yes, they have good, quality players but they also have one of the best secondary coaches in the nation, Corey Raymond.

Either way, if we want to get "EASY" proven success, then I think we better start putting out quality LB play to get these type of guys. I believe T-WILL is the man to do that.

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Umm, you have to win to get these players and then actually develop them. I think some of you fools actually think it easy to CONTINUOUSLY be successful. I swear some of y'all say the dumbest things.  Do you think NS got #1 LB when he first got to Alabama? No. It started Rolando Mclain and then it continued to snowball. But it means crap nothing if you don't develop them.

Nick Saban's best recruiting classes were in his first years. What proven success did he have after going 6-6 in 2007? 

8 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Nick Saban's best recruiting classes were in his first years. What proven success did he have after going 6-6 in 2007? 

He's had some great years lately.

1 minute ago, AU Is Gold said:

giphy.gif

That is the freaking point. The 2006 class he had wasn't filled with superstars. In fact, in 2006 and 2007, we had better-recruiting classes. The difference is that 2008 class, which came after Bama WON the sec. He built a foundation. The point being, if We let Travis Williams do his thing and build a foundation WITH success, we can get players like this stud. You have to maintain success. You can't be inconsistent thinking you are going to get these players and you have to have a great Quality coach. Personally, I think T-Will is our best assistant coach and he is going to be a DC, one day.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif

That is the freaking point. The 2006 class he had wasn't filled with superstars. In fact, in 2006 and 2007, we had better-recruiting classes. The difference is that 2008 class, which came after Bama WON the sec. He built a foundation. The point being, if We let Travis Williams do his thing and build a foundation WITH success, we can get players like this stud. You have to maintain success. You can't be inconsistent thinking you are going to get these players and you have to have a great Quality coach. Personally, I think T-Will is our best assistant coach and he is going to be a DC, one day.

Bama won the SEC championship in 2009, that's after the 2008 cycle. Not trying to butt in, but am I missing something? 

58 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bama won the SEC championship in 2009, that's after the 2008 cycle. Not trying to butt in, but am I missing something? 

You are right my bad. They lost to the eventual NC Florida Gators. Either way, the point still remains,  They gained success then kept it. Likewise, We win the NC in 2010. We get a #6 recruiting class in "10 and then the #5 recruiting class in 11. What happened next? Just recruiting players is not enough. You have to be successful with them. Clearly, it is not that easy. Didn't we just go 7-5 two years ago with top 15 talent?! We go out there this year and we play better on the defensive end, we can start getting these guys. So when I speak of continued proven success, that is what I mean. If NS had a  highly touted recruiting class that went 8-4 the next year, do you think Bama would still have this reputation?

Sorry to get triggered by that guys, but the whole concept just baffled me. It used to tick me off when people use to say anybody can win an NC with Cam Newton. That is easy. Yes, it is nice to have Cam, but fellow AU fans, raise your hand if you felt that that NC run was easy? Either way, I am expecting big things from the defensive side of the ball and hope it means landing the cream of the crop.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You are right my bad. They lost to the eventual NC Florida Gators. Either way, the point still remains,  They gained success then kept it. Likewise, We win the NC in 2010. We get a #6 recruiting class in "10 and then the #5 recruiting class in 11. What happened next? Just recruiting players is not enough. You have to be successful with them. Clearly, it is not that easy. Didn't we just go 7-5 two years ago with top 15 talent?! We go out there this year and we play better on the defensive end, we can start getting these guys. So when I speak of continued proven success, that is what I mean. If NS had a  highly touted recruiting class that went 8-4 the next year, do you think Bama would still have this reputation?

Sorry to get triggered by that guys, but the whole concept just baffled me. It used to tick me off when people use to say anybody can win an NC with Cam Newton. That is easy. Yes, it is nice to have Cam, but fellow AU fans, raise your hand if you felt that that NC run was easy? Either way, I am expecting big things from the defensive side of the ball and hope it means landing the cream of the crop.

Sorry to have triggered you. I was just asking a simple question. Next time take a deep breath before answering. I guess this fool won't ask anymore dumb questions.

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

When it comes to recruiting a player, if you don't finish first, you're last.

Ricky Bobby approves this message ?

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I think their secondary will be the strength this season. They lost a lot up front.

26 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

I think their secondary will be the strength this season. They lost a lot up front.

I wish our Achilles heel had Minkah Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

You think so? I am hoping we come up on top and will be the #1 producing secondary in the SEC btw . We are over due . Carlton Davis and Matthews needs to show out . 

I don't know about you guys but growing up as an AU fan, all I knew was defense ...I am so ready for us to get back to that level of intensity. You know , 2006 AU vs Florida ..

44 minutes ago, fredst said:

I wish our Achilles heel had Minkah Fitzpatrick

Remember , at one point , AU defenses use to have headhunters . I am talking warriors at all three levels of the ball on defense . We can get back to that. Just have to have stability and continued success.

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Sorry to have triggered you. I was just asking a simple question. Next time take a deep breath before answering. I guess this fool won't ask anymore dumb questions.

Very fair question . But that nonchalant response ...hmm

either way , I apologized 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Remember , at one point , AU defenses use to have headhunters . I am talking warriors at all three levels of the ball on defense . We can get back to that. Just have to have stability and continued success.

Agreed. I long for some DBs with ball skills like Bama seems to have. Man, they've always got a guy every year that has the ability to make plays and potentially take it to the house. We haven't had "that guy" in awhile.

This is likely going to be bammer. We are still in it but Propst will push bama. Kid loves Twill as all recruits do but bama has the track record for lbs rn. We are not out of it and still have a shot but bama and the lbs getting drafted early has had his attention which it should. Now things can change I expect him to pick bama. One good thing is bama has put alot of pressure on him to commit and he has not pulled the trigger yet.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Understood. 

6 hours ago, milehighfan said:

When it comes to recruiting a player, if you don't finish first, you're last.

Honestly finishing second in crutin is the worst position you can be in. You just wasted a lot of time and money.

Archived