2017 Gameday Enhancements / DJ in student section

GwillMac6

Well that is 1 way to try and make sure most of the students stay for after halftime lol.

1. The Facilities and Community Garden RV parking area will now open on Thursdays at 2 p.m. They previously opened on Fridays at 4 p.m.
  2. The North End Zone concourse was expanded by 60 percent to allow for better traffic flow and less congestion. Additional concessions carts, grills and tents will be placed in this area.
  3. Tiger Transit shuttles will operate to downtown Auburn pregame, and from downtown to War Eagle Way after the game.
  4. The video board will now feature a digital first down line during live game action.
  5. 45 new flat screen TVs have been added to the upper concourses for better fan viewing when away from the game.
  6. Auburn will honor the anniversaries of the 1957 National Championship team (60th) and the 1972 Amazins' (45th), as well as the 1967 (50th), 1987 (30th), and 2007 (10th) teams.
  7. Auburn Athletics will honor the 125 years of women at the University with an event the weekend of Sept. 16 vs. Mercer.
  8. Auburn built four new concessions stands on main concourse level and added 61 new points-of-sale.
  9. The Auburn Football gameday programs will feature a unique pull-out poster for each game. When placed together at the end of the season will form one seamless image.
  10. Fans should watch for the Tiger Walk Street Team with prize giveaways pregame in the tailgate areas and around Jordan-Hare Stadium, as well as visit the Tiger Walk sign making station.
  11. The size of the cups at the free hydration stations has been increased to 12 oz.
  12. A new outdoor club will be located in the Plainsman Park parking lot. It will be open to the public and food and beverages will be available for purchase.
  13. The official Auburn mobile app will integrate in-stadium contests and interactive features.
  14. The Auburn Downtown Merchants Association will host Come Home to the Corner on Fridays before Georgia Southern (9/1), Mississippi State (9/29), Ole Miss (10/6), Georgia (11/10) and Alabama (11/24).
  15. The under 12 crowd should take advantage of the Auburn Athletics Passport for Kids Club members. Prizes will be awarded for kids who complete the passport during the year.
  16. New specialty vendors (Philly Connection, Taste of New Orleans, Jim N Nicks, Nuts About Auburn, Bodacious Burgers) have been added to newly expanded north concourse.
  17. Auburn added a second medical bag location at Gate 5, giving fans access on both the East and West. The medical bag gate on the West side has moved to Gate 18 for better ease into the stadium.
  18. Fans will be welcomed on the field postgame following Auburn's Homecoming game against Mercer on Sept. 16.
  19. Auburn will create a "celebrity letter" tradition as is seen during basketball games at the end of the 3rd quarter.
  20. There will three themed, designed concessions cups. Collect all three!
  21. The All Orange game has been set for the season opener vs. Georgia Southern, the True Blue game is scheduled for Nov. 11 vs. Georgia and Auburn will Stripe the Stadium against Mississippi State on Sept. 30. Auburn will also host the sixth annual Military Appreciation Day when the Tigers take on Ole Miss on Oct. 7.
  22. The student section will have a DJ.
  23. The RV lots will open on Wednesday, Nov. 22 at 2 p.m. during Iron Bowl week to allow families to enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday on campus.
  24. Auburn will expand the Friday facilities tours to additional venues. Visit the Baseball Locker Room before the Georgia Southern game.
  25. There will be a station for photo opportunities featuring a mannequin and corporate partner integration.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082117aad.html

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me this is just weird.  

Maybe it's the old man coming out in me but as a parent of many boys it's amazing the things now to have constant "entertainment".  Video games iPhones and even frickin figet spinners

Wonder how that's going to be competing with the jumbotron?? Just seems cheesy as usual to me.

Alcohol sales would be the real ticket but we all know that's not happening anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Easy simple solution.  If you don't like football don't go to football games.

Jay is treating the game day home atmosphere like a minor league baseball team. Trying to get "kids" and non fans attention by cheap tricks and thrills.

As a student super fan, this sucks. The student section has already been cheapened enough IMO. So the jumbotron, band, and a DJ will all be somewhere within the "student section"? Great, more people around me not paying attention to the game and wasting elbow room

Does anyone know how that would work? I mean, we already have a "DJ" in the booth. I guess I'm just confused. The Auburn student section stays pretty energized during the game. I don't think they need gimmicks. What about the cheer leader (the actual one who gets cheers going)?

This is a move that makes absolutely no sense to me. The student section is already about the loudest place in the stadium, and it's generally packed (at least for the start of the game). How many students does he think this will deter from leaving if they would have left without the DJ?

I didn't really think AU had the problem of students leaving. It always seems pretty packed at least through mid-4th. I just don't understand the logistics of all of this.. The only place it could go without being overshadowed by the band and jumbotron is the upper edge of the student section at the 40 yd line (aka where I sit!) But this part of the student section seems to be the loudest anyway soooo not really sure if it'd be smart to move a big section of those students and replace them with a DJ..booth?..table..?..box? How big is this thing???

First of all I will say when I was a student I was the one who always showed up to the games at least 1 hour before kickoff (and still do) despite having block seating the whole time I was there.  I only sat down for halftime and was yelling every play. Always had two shakers.

Having said that, I am actually for the DJ.  This keeps people hyped up in the luls.  The DJ will only be used in places like before the game and third down like they had the DJ's in 2014.  Will not interfere with the band. A hyped student section helps hype the rest of the stadium, which to be honest can be quite boring at times, and I have been out of the student section for 4 years now.  I can never be too hyped on gameday...  Keep me at level 9,000 all day Saturday and you have a happy camper.  :yay:

To give you an insight of how I act the entire hour before kickoff (look for me in section 2):

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

First of all I will say when I was a student I was the one who always showed up to the games at least 1 hour before kickoff (and still do) despite having block seating the whole time I was there.  I only sat down for halftime and was yelling every play. Always had two shakers.

Having said that, I am actually for the DJ.  This keeps people hyped up in the luls.  The DJ will only be used in places like before the game and third down like they had the DJ's in 2014.  Will not interfere with the band. A hyped student section helps hype the rest of the stadium, which to be honest can be quite boring at times, and I have been out of the student section for 4 years now.  I can never be too hyped on gameday...  Keep me at level 9,000 all day Saturday and you have a happy camper.  :yay:

To give you an insight of how I act the entire hour before kickoff (look for me in section 2):

Fair enough defense of the DJ! If we use it like you say then I can deal. Where would they put it/how big is it?

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Couldn't have said it better...I'm down with the DJ!  And I'm 42 and usually want my lawn untouched by snowflakes and such as well...

4 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Fair enough defense of the DJ! If we use it like you say then I can deal. Where would they put it/how big is it?

Most likely where the mic man usually goes.  Everyone needs to remember the student section has their own speakers too 

I will take A DJ all day if it means the mic guy is no more. That guy is always so awful and insufferable! lol Never been a fan.

I'm watching from my couch these days. As a student I was there before the gates opened and stayed until the team left the field-- win or lose. But Times change.

29 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Sometimes I think you and I are related - haha. I too, was ALWAYS (and still am) super jacked up on game day (only one shaker for me though).

I don't hate the DJ announcement...and I recently expressed my concern over the student atmosphere in the last few years based on my view from across the way in the grown up seats. ?

It will definitely be interesting the first few games, but I think it could improve the game day experience if done correctly. 

Dont hate it just yet!  

Archived