ESPN pulls announcer from UVA game because his name is Robert Lee

Auburnfan91

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, really.

Because like I said, you didn't read closely.  Try it again.  homer was responding to a quote from ESPN.

And that was just a couple of posts after he'd already said ESPN looks really stupid over this.

I think he just reacts to my posts without trying to read or understand them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

This isn't about political correctness or fear of people getting offended. ESPN said they asked to switch because they didn't want their announcer no one really knows to suddenly become an internet joke.

Which isn't really an unreasonable fear.

I understand that, but I don't think that's the employer's decision to make. If Lee wanted to be taken off the assignment, that's completely different. Whether the decision was mutual or not isn't discussed in any of those articles.  

Edit: ESPN did actually say that the decision was made collectively, and with Robert. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I understand that, but I don't think that's the employer's decision to make. If Lee wanted to be taken off the assignment, that's completely different. Whether the decision was mutual or not isn't discussed in any of those articles. 

The official statement says Lee was part of the decision.

Had to have been leaked to Clay Travis. He is perceptive but his radar isn't that finely tuned.

Nobody would've ever thought twice to "Due to scheduling conflicts, Lee is now calling such n such game" 

Whatever the case, ESPN made meme material after all.

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

See my edit above. I don't know if that means he was a part of it or not. Has Lee made any statements?

edit: I can't read good. You're right. It says "with Robert"

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

Yeah.  Low tier scrub on the announcing team is going to give his bosses push back. <_<

This was an ESPN call.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Yeah.  Low tier scrub on the announcing team is going to give his bosses push back.  This was an ESPN call.

I was just responding to this sentence. No need to snark.

Whether the decision was mutual or not isn't discussed in any of those articles.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Yeah.  Low tier scrub on the announcing team is going to give his bosses push back. <_<

This was an ESPN call.

Yeah, I'd like to see a statement from Lee. 

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

I was just responding to this sentence. No need to snark.

I wasn't snarking at you.  I was snarking at ESPN's attempt to make this look like some meeting of the minds between them and Lee.  

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Had to have been leaked to Clay Travis. He is perceptive but his radar isn't that finely tuned.

Nobody would've ever thought twice to "Due to scheduling conflicts, Lee is now calling such n such game"

Whatever the case, ESPN made meme material after all.

Oh, I think this may have softened the blow a bit. Imagine the meme material if someone noticed during or after the game.

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I was responding to ESPN's statement which 91 had included in his post.   

Thought that was obvious.  

Obviously not.  I didn't realize your were responding to ESPN since they don't post on this board.   Sorry Homey....I owe you an apology.  And here I thought you were the guy that selected ESPN sideline talent...

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Obviously not.  I didn't realize your were responding to ESPN since they don't post on this board.   Sorry Homey....I owe you an apology.  And here I thought you were the guy that selected ESPN sideline talent...

No worries.  I enjoy an irrational rant as much as anyone. <_<

I just find it intriguing that with all the negativity that is being associated with the name Lee that our beloved Auburn University is located in Lee County.:glare:

Things that make you go hmmm.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

I just find it intriguing that with all the negativity that is being associated with the name Lee that our beloved Auburn University is located in Lee County.:glare:

Obviously we need to tear down the county and rename it for an indigenous, non slave owning, non gender specific pronoun, a-religious, individual;...unless of course, that makes those not selected feel bad.... in which case we could name it after the human race in general; but that of course rejects the rights and feelings of animals and plants....this is really getting hard....

10 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Rant, probably, irrational, hardly.

Given that it was a half-cocked rant based on not reading the post closely, much less the thread, it's fairly irrational.

16 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Obviously we need to tear down the county and rename it for an indigenous, non slave owning, non gender specific pronoun, a-religious, individual;...unless of course, that makes those not selected feel bad.... in which case we could name it after the human race in general; but that of course rejects the rights and feelings of animals and plants....this is really getting hard....

How about Homersapien County? Very catchy.

How about Homersapien County? Very catchy.

It's gratifying to know that I occupy such a prominent position in your heads.

Plenty of room too!

23 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Or Calhoun county for John C Calhoun.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/slavery-a-positive-good/

33 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Guess you haven't read the thread either.  

The "negativity" was implied solely by ESPN.  Everyone else has been ridiculing them for it.

Your cluelessness is enough to make one go hmmmm.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It's gratifying to know that I occupy such a prominent position in your heads.

Plenty of room too!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are more like the kid on the playground whom everybody knows is the worst player out there, but someone feels sorry for and intentionally doesn't pick him last.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Guess you haven't read the thread either.  

The "negativity" was implied solely by ESPN.  Everyone else has been ridiculing them for it.

Your cluelessness is enough to make one go hmmmm.

I wasn't even referring to the thread at all. Get a clue.

26 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Clueless, part B.   :laugh:

Oh, but that was real funny!  :-\

I'll bet you are a barrel of laughs with your friends at the Trump rallys.  

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are more like the kid on the playground whom everybody knows is the worst player out there, but someone feels sorry for and intentionally doesn't pick him last.

Now you've hurt my feelings.  :'(

Archived