Getting to know Jarrett Stidham

RunInRed

"There's so much to work on as a quarterback," he said. "For me at least, I'm never satisfied with it. I'm always trying to get better, always trying to learn more so I can enhance my game."
"Where I'm from, it's blue collar, digging the dirt atmosphere they have there, so you just learn to work really hard," Stidham said. "I don't really know anything other than that. I know it's not like that everywhere. I'm very fortunate coming from Stephenville and being in that program."

Auburn's season opener will be Stidham's second time inside Jordan-Hare Stadium on gameday. While attending junior college and considering his options last fall, Stidham attended Auburn's game against Clemson.

"Pretty crazy, to say the least," he said. "It was really cool. At Baylor, I'd played in some big road games in the Big 12, but coming down here, there was really no comparison in the intensity of everything. Within the stadium, the fans, everything. It's a pretty cool sight to come to Auburn and to see something like that in person."

Jarrett says being the face of the program 'comes with the territory' for quarterbacks.

"It kind of comes with the territory," he said. "I come from a place, Stephenville, it's very similar to the movie 'Friday Night Lights.' If you're the quarterback at Stephenville, you're getting all of the fame, all the glory, but you're also getting all of the blame, too.

"Here at Auburn, it's kind of the same thing, just on a bigger scale. Obviously, the SEC is a monster in itself. I've tried to embrace it as best I can and keep a level head during it all and not get too high, not get too low, and just kind of stay even

Jarrett Stidham on his roommate, fullback Chandler Cox...
"I know him a lot better than most people do. He's a phenomenal guy. Very kind-hearted person. He's a very high-energy guy. He makes me laugh probably a little bit too much. He's awesome. He's like my best friend here. He'll be in my wedding one day. He's been great."

Jarrett on his pregame music preference...
"I love music. I listen to everything. I could have Texas country on, I could have Nashville country on. I could have rap, I could have some type of alternative rock. I listen to everything."

Jarrett on adjusting to living in Auburn...
"The main one for me other than the color of the grass is being away from family because I'm a very family-oriented person and family means absolutely everything to me. Just being away from all of my family is pretty tough, but it's been a good adjustment. I miss breakfast tacos."

Jarrett on Sean White...
"Our relationship actually has been really, really good. At first, coming in here, I didn't know Sean at all. I was coming in with open arms to see how it would go. Sean has been nothing but great to me and to Malik Willis and Coach Lindsey.

"He's been super helpful to me because he's been in this offense for so long. He's obviously had a lot of experience running it at a high level. He's been helping me with reads. He's seen SEC defenses, so breaking down some coverages and stuff like that. He's been really, really helpful. He's had a really positive mindset going into practice every day. I think he's going to be a big part of this team."

Jarrett on Auburn's receivers...
"Those receivers, they're very, very talented. I came from Baylor. We had a lot of talent at that position. I played with Corey Coleman, who was the No. 15 pick in the draft that year. I've been around some really good ones. These guys, they're just as talented. They've got to get more experience. There's size, there's speed, there's strength, there's quickness. Everything that you would want in a receiving corps, we have it.

"They've been working their tails off this entire fall camp to make sure we're on the right page and that come two weeks from now, that we'll be ready to go."

Jarrett on Run-Pass Options...
"It puts a good element to an offense, brings it all together, especially if you have a quarterback who can run around a little bit. As a defense, you not only have to worry about the running back, now you have to worry about the quarterback, but you also have to worry about the pass.

"It puts defenses in a bind at some points. As an offensive player, we love running that kind of stuff. There's a lot of stuff you can do within a game plan with RPOs.

Jarrett on Auburn's defense and OL...
"That's one thing I love about being here is that we have a top 10 defense. You're going up against a top 10 defense every single day. It's not just the defensive line or the linebackers or the secondary. It's everybody."

"Up front, especially, we've got some guys on the defensive line who can go, and those offensive line guys, obviously, there's a lot of experience with Austin, Braden and Darius. Now we have some other guys who have come in and been really helpful on the offensive line. They're hard-nosed guys. They love to do the dirty work and they love the game of football. From my perspective, I love seeing that. They enjoy practice every day. They come with great energy. Coach Hand does a great job with those guys. I feel really protected, so that's always good on my end."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082317aac.html

26 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Jarrett on his pregame music preference...
"I love music. I listen to everything. I could have Texas country on, I could have Nashville country on. I could have rap, I could have some type of alternative rock. I listen to everything."

We got both kinds! Country AND western!

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We got both kinds! Country AND western!

Well like, when we first came in the barmaid didn't charge us, so we thought beer was complimentary for the band.

Love the Blues Brother's quotes 

17 hours ago, war3ag13 said:

Somebody get this man some breakfast tacos! 

Maybe it could be a new item in the Waffle House menu? :dunno:

Excited to see JS play, if he can live up to all this hype he will be a great one.

Archived