Clint Myers Resigns

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Children learn by modeling the behavior they see .....mostly the behavior at home as they grow up. I am QUESTIONING  where he learned that disrespect. 

Not always the case, otherwise everyone that's ever done anything wrong would have learned it from their parents, and their parents, and so on.....

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are about to find out how strong our University President is. Title IX lawsuits are far more troublesome than your typical athletic department missteps. We need an overhaul of our athletic department that begins with shredding the veil of secrecy that has draped it for too long. Some folks in the AD need to join the unemployment lines, and soon. 

29 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

With all due respect.....Children learn their core behavior from modeling their parent's behavior. That's why it is crucial that people behave decently in front of their children. Domestic violence,sexual abuse....those become generational problems because children do copy their parents to a great extent. I asked where Corey got his attitude about women and I stand by that remark. It is a legitimate question. It is NOT reprehensible, and because my education is in the field of mental health with an emphasis on Early Childhood Development.... it is also NOT out of character for me to wonder about Corey's history. It's very important to this issue and to me as a woman and as a mother with 2 daughters and a son.

As for the other part of your post.....read again these statements below.

"Former shortstop Haley Fagan said several members of the team filed anonymous ethics complaints with the athletic department in September 2016, prompting the university to conduct an internal investigation that led to Corey Myers' resignation after a tearful team meeting. That September resignation lasted only two weeks, Fagan said, after Clint Myers and another Auburn coach asked select members of the team to "go fight for Corey" with the athletic department."

"People are so scared to come out because they think that nothing's going to come about it because of who (the Myers') are," said the former player, who requested anonymity from AL.com. "People are just scared that they're going to get in trouble because at the end of the day (Clint Myers) is going to have Corey's back; it's his son"

" Fagan said she wouldn't defend Corey Myers during the fall investigation and instead tried to speak up about his inappropriate behavior.  'I remember when                 I first went to Coach [Clint Myers] and [Auburn assistant] Scott Woodard ... they literally said, 'Define inappropriate relationships.' "

So, by your logic, Clint is a letch and so is Casey, because he had to have learned it from his dad, too. For that matter, we should throw the father of every criminal in jail, because they obviously committed crimes, too. Yes, people are products of their parents, but also other environments that they live in. He could have easily picked up from interacting with numerous other guys. I hate to break it to you, but in my experience, the majority of men are horrible in how they treat women. Going out with "the guys" from work often leaves me disgusted. I stand by my statement that slandering Clint character because his son is a horrible person is reprehensible.

As for the other part, I've read it and other accounts several times. There were numerous girls who defended Corey and the reports to the AD were anonymous, so Clint was being asked to choose sides about his child. If you would side against your child in the same place, where there are conflicting stories, then I feel sorry for your child. On a side notd, Fagan is the last person to look to for the truth... she's had run-in with coaches at multiple schools.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:46 PM, Tigerbelle said:

With all due respect.....Children learn their core behavior from modeling their parent's behavior. That's why it is crucial that people behave decently in front of their children. Domestic violence,sexual abuse....those become generational problems because children do copy their parents to a great extent. I asked where Corey got his attitude about women and I stand by that remark.

Based on my wife's experiences in Early Childhood Education I agree with the points you made. Also I believe I read your original post in the context it was written. My wife sees and hears some alarming things from 5 year olds who threaten classmates and teachers with physical violence, even mortal violence. There are sexual innuendos from these kids. 5 years old and they learned this behavior from family, friends and probably even movies and television. Parents (not all) use movies and TV shows as babysitters instead of monitoring what their kids watch so in a sense they are contributing to this behavior whether intentional or unintentional. Back to the topic at hand, Corey knew right from wrong and chose poorly. We have a conscience to remind us what is right. We have free will to choose what is right. If people don't choose what is right it doesn't matter if they know what's right or not. 

21 hours ago, auburnphan said:

JJ is in the clear on this one. 

Not a chance.

If he knew nothing he's a derelict (which he is) and should be fired.  But he knew and played stupid which requires no effort from him. That clown should have never been given the keys to the athletic department.  He's a bigger scumbag than Corey or Clint or Sunny or Wayne Bolt and on and on and on and on......

35 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Not a chance.

that is what I heard yesterday, have not heard anything from anyone today one way or the other

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Not always the case, otherwise everyone that's ever done anything wrong would have learned it from their parents, and their parents, and so on.....

Belle's comment is nonsense of course.   Probably a good percent of the young men and women in jail these days have nice moms at home who did everything they knew how to help their kids develop good habits....and they listen to music that disrespects about about every positive aspect of our society.....and peer pressure is much more influential it seems,

48 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

that is what I heard yesterday, have not heard anything from anyone today one way or the other

Was Jacobs privy to the details that turned up in the internal investigation that lead the Administration to cut Corey?  Was he aware that there was a possible inappropriate relationship between one of his coaches and a player?   What Jacobs knew, when he knew it, and how he chose to handle it will be key to his guilt or innocence. And we piddly fans may never find out.

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Belle's comment is nonsense of course.   

It won't matter one fig where Corey Myers learned his behavior.  He is a grown man capable of making choices in his adult life, he's had plenty of life experience to know right from wrong and to build his moral compass.

46 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So, by your logic, Clint is a letch and so is Casey, because he had to have learned it from his dad, too. For that matter, we should throw the father of every criminal in jail, because they obviously committed crimes, too. Yes, people are products of their parents, but also other environments that they live in. He could have easily picked up from interacting with numerous other guys. I hate to break it to you, but in my experience, the majority of men are horrible in how they treat women. Going out with "the guys" from work often leaves me disgusted. I stand by my statement that slandering Clint character because his son is a horrible person is reprehensible.

As for the other part, I've read it and other accounts several times. There were numerous girls who defended Corey and the reports to the AD were anonymous, so Clint was being asked to choose sides about his child. If you would side against your child in the same place, where there are conflicting stories, then I feel sorry for your child. On a side notd, Fagan is the last person to look to for the truth... she's had run-in with coaches at multiple schools.

It's not logic. It's a known fact. Just because you seem unable to grasp the concept of it does not make it untrue. Have you never heard of being a good role model? It is an important part of having a civil society.  Children need someone decent to look up to and to pattern themselves after. It's called socializing. Criminal behavior, addiction, etc, ARE generational problems. Do you not realize that? As far as men's behavior....I hate to break it to YOU that I am very well aware that men treat women horribly because I am a woman and I have experienced it literally hundreds of times. And why is that? Because men are TAUGHT to behave that way from the men before them....their Dads, brothers,Uncles,etc. Why do you think the Women's Movement was started? And btw.....your little session of mansplaining is completely unnecessary and is a form of disrespect. I bet that's another concept you don't get. 

People must be taught as children to be respectful of others. Parents often do not do this. They exhibit disrespect and kids see it and learn to disrespect others. That behavior is never challenged and becomes ingrained.  Clint doesn't have to be a letch....he could just be dismissive and belittling. Kind of like you all are being to me. Obviously Corey has some deep problems. In spite of the danger to his  family, his career and his Dad's career he did not stop. So that means it's behavior that has been going on for years in one way or another. I would never tolerate my children treating anyone with such disrespect and I do not cover for them when they are in the wrong. But my kids although not perfect in any way do not sexually harass or disrespect anyone nor would they put me in such a position because they never saw me acting that way and they have respect for me also. My son has in fact saved a few very drunk college girls from being exploited or worse and made sure they got home safely when the guys around him were planning to take advantage. He works in a restaurant in a college town while he's in school and has seen that situation more than once. 

Haley Fagan did not make up this situation. She is not the lone complainer on the team. She's fiesty and not afraid to speak up. That makes men uncomfortable. The fact that there was a tearful meeting and Corey resigned then came back after Daddy intervened speaks of Daddy being an enabler and not grasping how unacceptable that kind of behavior is. 

Did any of you know that it's disrespectful to women call someone a douche? Let that sink in...

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Come on Belle... the whole cover-up thing is a huge stretch. Look at his career. I don't buy that a coach who is so beloved and has been for so long would knowingly allow those kinds of things on his watch. You can also bet that Corey was a model citizen when dad or brother were near by. Your right Corey's family deserves some serious sympathy, but the sins of the son should not be pushed upon the father and to go as far as to say Corey learned it from Clint... that's reprehensible and out of character for you.

I wouldn't be so sure about Clint. There's been a lot of talk in various places that this very same behavior happened at Arizona St with this same son and another assistant who is now at Auburn. He's not as well loved by the outside softball world as some believe. Some is probably jealousy, but there' quite a bit of smoke about this type of stuff happening under his watch. 

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

It won't matter one fig where Corey Myers learned his behavior.  He is a grown man capable of making choices in his adult life, he's had plenty of life experience to know right from wrong and to build his moral compass.

Ugh....not exactly. It doesn't work that way. Your moral compass is mostly developed in childhood. That kind of disrespect is ingrained and while he may know that adultery is wrong he probably doesn't grasp what sexual harassment is because he doesn't understand respect. He also showed disrespect to his wife and children. It goes beyond making bad choices. Something fundamental is off somewhere. He needs some serious therapy. 

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I wouldn't be so sure about Clint. There's been a lot of talk in various places that this very same behavior happened at Arizona St with this same son and another assistant who is now at Auburn. He's not as well loved by the outside softball world as some believe. Some is probably jealousy, but there' quite a bit of smoke about this type of stuff happening under his watch. 

Odd that that smoke didn't make it to this board or apparently to the AU Admin in some capacity.

Ugh....not exactly. It doesn't work that way. Your moral compass is mostly developed in childhood. That kind of disrespect is ingrained and while he may know that adultery is wrong he probably doesn't grasp what sexual harassment is because he doesn't understand respect. He also showed disrespect to his wife and children. It goes beyond making bad choices. Something fundamental is off somewhere. He needs some serious therapy. 

If we later find out he has a history of this kind of shady stuff, then I'll ageee with you somewhat Belle.  But we don't even know the details of anything he did while at Auburn.  It's just rumor and a few accusations at this point.  Actually we may never know what kind of man he really is and what he has done.

Just now, keesler said:

Odd that that smoke didn't make it to this board or apparently to the AU Admin in some capacity.

No it isn't. Once again....I will remind you of Sonny Golloway. There was a dadgum bonfire there and yet.....he was hired at AU.

And why is ESPN going after records at ASU? Do they know something?

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No it isn't. Once again....I will remind you of Sonny Golloway. There was a dadgum bonfire there and yet.....he was hired at AU.

And why is ESPN going after records at ASU? Do they know something?

Yikes!  Didn't know they were digging in Arizona too.  That means they are digging around for stuff on Clint.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

If we later find out he has a history of this kind of shady stuff, then I'll ageee with you somewhat Belle.  But we don't even know the details of anything he did while at Auburn.  It's just rumor and a few accusations at this point.  Actually we may never know what kind of man he really is and what he has done.

I don't care if you do. You all seem to want absolutes and human behavior is not like that. There are always a few exceptions. But I see a pattern since Corey lost his job once, got reinstated, and still was unable to curb his behavior. And his Dad knew it. 

Never once did I say that Corey has no responsibility. He should understand that he is self destructive and get some help. This is like Tiger Woods on a smaller scale. Tiger's Dad was part of his self-destructive equation. 

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yikes!  Didn't know they were digging in Arizona too.  That means they are digging around for stuff on Clint.

"ESPN sent public records requests regarding Clint and Corey Myers, including any disciplinary actions or complaints, to Auburn University and Arizona State University -- where Clint Myers was the head coach from 2006 to 2013 and Corey Myers was a volunteer coach during the Sun Devils' 2008 national championship season. The schools have acknowledged receipt of the requests but have not yet responded with any records."

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

"ESPN sent public records requests regarding Clint and Corey Myers, including any disciplinary actions or complaints, to Auburn University and Arizona State University -- where Clint Myers was the head coach from 2006 to 2013 and Corey Myers was a volunteer coach during the Sun Devils' 2008 national championship season. The schools have acknowledged receipt of the requests but have not yet responded with any records."

Ahhh I wondered when those public records requests were coming.  Now every media outlet and skanky journalist will be pounding the pavement to get the so called scoop on this crap.  Brace yourselves guys this is just a little ol softball team in Auburn, Alabama that no paid attention to for years until they miraculously hit the big time.  Now they will try to thrash us.

22 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't care if you do. You all seem to want absolutes and human behavior is not like that. There are always a few exceptions. But I see a pattern since Corey lost his job once, got reinstated, and still was unable to curb his behavior. And his Dad knew it. 

Never once did I say that Corey has no responsibility. He should understand that he is self destructive and get some help. This is like Tiger Woods on a smaller scale. Tiger's Dad was part of his self-destructive equation. 

I'm not sure I want absolutes, I just want more details and facts before choose to judge another mans actions.  

The world is weird these days....some wives are into open relationships, live and let live type stuff.  Hell, some of that FLDS Mormon stuff that the Arizona  government allows to go on is foreign to an Alabama Bible Belt  boy like me.   Now those polygamist folks are most definitely ingrained for their culture and beliefs, there is no deviation in their moral compass.  

45 minutes ago, keesler said:

IMO it isn't odd it didn't make it here. That stuff usually gets 187'd pretty quick on this board. And if the Golloway hire is any indication, I'm not surprised at all the AD didn't hear or looked past it, whichever is the case. 

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'm not sure I want absolutes, I just want more details and facts before choose to judge another mans actions.  

The world is weird these days....some wives are into open relationships, live and let live type stuff.  Hell, some of that FLDS Mormon stuff that the Arizona  government allows to go on is foreign to an Alabama Bible Belt  boy like me.   Now those polygamist folks are most definitely ingrained for their culture and beliefs, there is no deviation in their moral compass.  

You do not seem to understand.....THIS IS NOT MY OPINION.  This subject of Early Childhood Development and other mental health subjects are what I studied in college. It is what I majored in and studied in depth.  There is science and research behind it. Animals do it also....ever seen a Mama dog growl at a puppy who is misbehaving? It is her job to teach her puppies how to behave in the pack so that they all survive. I am not just voicing an opinion. People used to understand it and strived to set good examples for young people because they understood modeling. I cannot for the life of me get why you people find it so hard. Have you ever heard yourself say something and it sounds just like one of your parents? BINGO!!!  Ever wonder why kids who suffered abuse and neglect because of a parent's addiction and even knowing how bad it is....go on to do the same thing to their own kids? BINGO!! We as adults can CHOOSE to work on erasing those undesirable behaviors but FIRST have to understand that the behavior is wrong and will cause problems, or be mentally healthy enough to face the fight. 

12 minutes ago, boomstick said:

IMO it isn't odd it didn't make it here. That stuff usually gets 187'd pretty quick on this board. And if the Golloway hire is any indication, I'm not surprised at all the AD didn't hear or looked past it, whichever is the case. 

I caught so much hell over my objections and insights into the CSG situation. And guess what happened with ol'Sonny?

This situation is somewhat similar....players very unhappy,and divided, team chemistry destroyed. I wonder if any of the girls parents knew this was going on? 

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You do not seem to understand.....THIS IS NOT MY OPINION.  This subject of Early Childhood Development and other mental health subjects are what I studied in college. It is what I majored in and studied in depth.  There is science and research behind it. Animals do it also....ever seen a Mama dog growl at a puppy who is misbehaving? It is her job to teach her puppies how to behave in the pack so that they all survive. I am not just voicing an opinion. People used to understand it and strived to set good examples for young people because they understood modeling. I cannot for the life of me get why you people find it so hard. Have you ever heard yourself say something and it sounds just like one of your parents? BINGO!!!  Ever wonder why kids who suffered abuse and neglect because of a parent's addiction and even knowing how bad it is....go on to do the same thing to their own kids? BINGO!! We as adults can CHOOSE to work on erasing those undesirable behaviors but FIRST have to understand that the behavior is wrong and will cause problems, or be mentally healthy enough to face the fight. 

Here's the thing... I agree with everything you just wrote, other than maybe the condescending tone... but here's the problem. You're speaking in absolutes. Your leaving out all of the other influences in the life of a man of Corey's age that can influence his actions. Have you never met a person with parents who went out of their way to set good examples only to have their child continue to do the wrong thing?  How about parents who were horrible examples yet their child is a model citizen? I have friends who are the first set of parents and I have friends who are the latter child. Heck, my friend Jeff's dad was the worst kind of human being imaginable, and Jeff is the best dad I know. At the same time, my friend's Larry and Carol brought up their kids along side my parents, constantly teaching write and wrong and setting solid examples, and all three are a mess in some way or another.

The reason I called you out is because you judged someone based on the actions of someone else with no proof to back up your claims other than the fact that SOME characteristics of parents are passed down to their children. People should only be judged by their actions and their actions alone. No one should assume bad of someone until they have personally shown that to be the case. I'm honestly surprised that they didn't teach that in your classes.

I caught so much hell over my objections and insights into the CSG situation. And guess what happened with ol'Sonny?

This situation is somewhat similar....players very unhappy,and divided, team chemistry destroyed. I wonder if any of the girls parents knew this was going on? 

Yes, you did catch hell over Sonny.   But I don't think Sonny was being intimate with players on the baseball team like Clint's boy and covered it up like Clint.  Sonny was just an a**hole whole cheated.   Clint and his boy are far worse.

wde

Archived