Clint Myers Resigns

12 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Here's the thing... I agree with everything you just wrote, other than maybe the condescending tone... but here's the problem. You're speaking in absolutes. Your leaving out all of the other influences in the life of a man of Corey's age that can influence his actions. Have you never met a person with parents who went out of their way to set good examples only to have their child continue to do the wrong thing?  How about parents who were horrible examples yet their child is a model citizen? I have friends who are the first set of parents and I have friends who are the latter child. Heck, my friend Jeff's dad was the worst kind of human being imaginable, and Jeff is the best dad I know. At the same time, my friend's Larry and Carol brought up their kids along side my parents, constantly teaching write and wrong and setting solid examples, and all three are a mess in some way or another.

The reason I called you out is because you judged someone based on the actions of someone else with no proof to back up your claims other than the fact that SOME characteristics of parents are passed down to their children. People should only be judged by their actions and their actions alone. No one should assume bad of someone until they have personally shown that to be the case. I'm honestly surprised that they didn't teach that in your classes.

Wake up McFly.  Clint knew his son was ******** players on the team and tried to cover it up.  Both Clint and his son are POS.   If you really do talk to compliance people in the AU AD, they will tell you the same.  

wde

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Here's the thing... I agree with everything you just wrote, other than maybe the condescending tone... but here's the problem. You're speaking in absolutes. Your leaving out all of the other influences in the life of a man of Corey's age that can influence his actions. Have you never met a person with parents who went out of their way to set good examples only to have their child continue to do the wrong thing?  How about parents who were horrible examples yet their child is a model citizen? I have friends who are the first set of parents and I have friends who are the latter child. Heck, my friend Jeff's dad was the worst kind of human being imaginable, and Jeff is the best dad I know. At the same time, my friend's Larry and Carol brought up their kids along side my parents, constantly teaching write and wrong and setting solid examples, and all three are a mess in some way or another.

The reason I called you out is because you judged someone based on the actions of someone else with no proof to back up your claims other than the fact that SOME characteristics of parents are passed down to their children. People should only be judged by their actions and their actions alone. No one should assume bad of someone until they have personally shown that to be the case. I'm honestly surprised that they didn't teach that in your classes.

No I'm not speaking in absolutes. And YOU were and still are mansplaining which is BY DEFINITION condescending and disrespectful. YOU took offense because I said I wondered where Corey learned that behavior. You just refuse to recognize the validity of the question because you don't understand it and it makes you uncomfortable. Clint and his sons are close and they have worked together for a while. Do you really believe that his Dad had no influence? You have been disrespectful to me right here and you seemingly have no clue so I doubt you are any judge of what constitutes disrespect for women. Men belittle women constantly and it has been passed down from father to son for thousands of years. As for your friends and their children....unless you there to witness every single interaction for their entire childhood you have no way of knowing what went on in their households. People hide things. Parents with good intentions do make terrible mistakes. Your friend Jeff recognized the problem and overcame his childhood. Maybe he focused on another person in his life as a good example to follow. I can guarantee his Dad had an influence one way or the other. Did you miss the part where Clint was shown inappropriate texts from his son to a YOUNG WOMAN ON THE TEAM? SEVERAL team members knew about the affair and had the texts. The fact that Clint did nothing shows disrespect.  I don't have to "assume". Clint's lack of action speaks for itself. The fact that he had to resign speaks for itself. BTW....you are judging Haley Fagan and calling her a liar when her story is not in doubt. 

You want to dismiss me, Haley Fagan, the other Lady Tigers,the lawsuit....etc because you don't like it. 

49 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Yes, you did catch hell over Sonny.   But I don't think Sonny was being intimate with players on the baseball team like Clint's boy and covered it up like Clint.  Sonny was just an a**hole whole cheated.   Clint and his boy are far worse.

wde

Hence the word "somewhat" ......

Sonny was abusive in another way.

49 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Yes, you did catch hell over Sonny.   But I don't think Sonny was being intimate with players on the baseball team like Clint's boy and covered it up like Clint.  Sonny was just an a**hole whole cheated.   Clint and his boy are far worse.

wde

Golloway did not cheat, was cleared of any improprieties by the NCAA.  The cheating a**hole was his AD boss who set him up and publicly lynched him over made up charges that were an absolute joke.  Sunny was a complete culture change that JJ thought he wanted for the baseball program.  Jacobs is always the common denominator in Auburn athletics feeling like a roller coaster ride from hell.  Somebody please let me off so I can go puke.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No I'm not speaking in absolutes. And YOU were and still are mansplaining which is BY DEFINITION condescending and disrespectful. YOU took offense because I said I wondered where Corey learned that behavior. You just refuse to recognize the validity of the question because you don't understand it and it makes you uncomfortable. Clint and his sons are close and they have worked together for a while. Do you really believe that his Dad had no influence? You have been disrespectful to me right here and you seemingly have no clue so I doubt you are any judge of what constitutes disrespect for women. Men belittle women constantly and it has been passed down from father to son for thousands of years. As for your friends and their children....unless you there to witness every single interaction for their entire childhood you have no way of knowing what went on in their households. People hide things. Parents with good intentions do make terrible mistakes. Your friend Jeff recognized the problem and overcame his childhood. Maybe he focused on another person in his life as a good example to follow. I can guarantee his Dad had an influence one way or the other. Did you miss the part where Clint was shown inappropriate texts from his son to a YOUNG WOMAN ON THE TEAM? SEVERAL team members knew about the affair and had the texts. The fact that Clint did nothing shows disrespect.  I don't have to "assume". Clint's lack of action speaks for itself. The fact that he had to resign speaks for itself. BTW....you are judging Haley Fagan and calling her a liar when her story is not in doubt. 

You want to dismiss me, Haley Fagan, the other Lady Tigers,the lawsuit....etc because you don't like it. 

Here's the thing, Belle. I'm conversing with you like I would with anyone else on this board, if you want to make it a man vs woman thing, that's on you. Your welcome to chat with my wife, who is alumnae director for a women's college, about my level of respect and how well I treat women.

I took offense because you attacked the character of someone that no one has proven did anything wrong. Ask anyone around here, I do that every time it happens because I believe character assination is wrong.

No I didn't miss the part where Clint was shown texts between Corey and a player. Corey was gone just days later. That doesn't sound like doing nothing to me.

I did not call Fagan a liar either. I pointed out that her actions, which are known and documented, don't make her a good spokesperson for anything.

I'm all for hanging Corey out to dry. He's a total low life. I do not agree, however, with attacking anyone else until there is proof that they did something wrong, and accusing someone in a public forum is attacking them.

8 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Golloway did not cheat, was cleared of any improprieties by the NCAA.  The cheating a**hole was his AD boss who set him up and publicly lynched him over made up charges that were an absolute joke.  Sunny was a complete culture change that JJ thought he wanted for the baseball program.  Jacobs is always the common denominator in Auburn athletics feeling like a roller coaster ride from hell.  Somebody please let me off so I can go puke.

100% correct

11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Damn. please tell me why Galloway was fired?

Does Auburn have any other sports where these family employment relationships exist . There was a recent resignation of CGM s son in law.Does the basketball coachs son still work For AU.These relationships seem potentially problematic to me .Any thoughts?

Meanwhile....the softball team has about a half dozen fall games scheduled for second half of October....just around the corner. 

Any idea of who might be coaching the team.....assuming that someone will have to hold some practices before much longer to greet the new players and get things organized.    

15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Well.... Sunny was not a good man. That's all I'm saying about him because he's gone and can't do any more damage. You can champion him all you want I don't care. I am glad he's gone before something much bigger happened.....and it would have. 

2 hours ago, beagle34 said:

Does Auburn have any other sports where these family employment relationships exist . There was a recent resignation of CGM s son in law.Does the basketball coachs son still work For AU.These relationships seem potentially problematic to me .Any thoughts?

Nepotism is inherently problematic.

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nepotism is inherently problematic.

It can be, but when there are people over those employees who bring in family (i.e. Jay Jacobs, AU President, etc...), then nepotism should NOT be the issue. Being successful causes most problems within an athletic administration. (Just ask the bosses of Joe Paterno...)

Nepotism is a way of life in sports ...College and professional......parents and children, siblings, spouses, etc. Working together or one working for another.  Very common.

While it may not be inherently bad, the potential for conflicts of interest (as we have witnesses) are great and serious.

As of last week Steve Pearl was still on staff...

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile....the softball team has about a half dozen fall games scheduled for second half of October....just around the corner. 

Any idea of who might be coaching the team.....assuming that someone will have to hold some practices before much longer to greet the new players and get things organized.    

I read somewhere that Scott Woodard would be the interim coach.  Scott was head coach at Western New Mexico for several years.  He restarted the softball program there in 1998, and was head coach until 2001.  Played baseball there (shortstop) and made All-conference a couple of years.  I think he is in their HOF.

Kasey Fagan and Cheyenne Coyle are no longer on the staff.  Hunter Veach is listed as manager.

5 hours ago, beagle34 said:

Does the basketball coachs son still work For AU.These relationships seem potentially problematic to me .Any thoughts?

Steven Pearl was promoted to Assistant Coach in April.

14 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Steven Pearl was promoted to Assistant Coach in April.

And we have a bother and sister on Softball team.......Kendall Veach a player and her brother a coach since last year when he kind of took over for Corey

Which makes me wonder ......he has a sister on the team and one would think he had to know what was going on with Corey....and if so, why he never said anything about it...and have not seen him mentioned in the current discussion either.   Curious? .

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

And we have a bother and sister on Softball team.......Kendall Veach a player and her brother a coach since last year when he kind of took over for Corey

Which makes me wonder ......he has a sister on the team and one would think he had to know what was going on with Corey....and if so, why he never said anything about it...and have not seen him mentioned in the current discussion either.   Curious? .

You seem to be enthralled in as much as the gossip, speculation and rumors as anyone. Yet you keep calling others out for speculation 

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

You certainly are speculating. 

How can you question why a player's brother, who is a coach, never said anything about it, when you don't know?

Maybe he did say something to someone in the administration? Just because you don't read about it, doesn't mean players or coaches did not voice they complaints or concerns...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

You certainly are speculating. 

How can you question why a player's brother, who is a coach, never said anything about it, when you don't know?

Maybe he did say something to someone in the administration? Just because you don't read about it, doesn't mean players or coaches did not voice they complaints or concerns...

We all speculate in the absence of verifiable proof/evidence and lack of facts.  It's human nature when things are flowing perfectly with the team you love and even more so when things appear to spiral out of control.

We fans think we want the truth, we think we want the detailed facts.  In reality fans are probably SO much better off left in the dark on how programs operate.

But often marvel at how a few posters (separated by miles & states far and wide from the little town of Auburn) post like they are so closely involved with Auburn Athletics and they are "in the know" about the inner workings & behind the scenes nuances of Auburn all based on what they read on the the internet.  

*Important NOTE:  This post is in no way directed towards AU64, as I think he is a great poster on this board and one of my favorite guys to interact with.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

You seem to be enthralled in as much as the gossip, speculation and rumors as anyone. Yet you keep calling others out for speculation 

I accept your criticism.....though maybe not enthralled....but mostly curious about the absence of details considering how long this matter has either been ignored or has been investigated...... depending on what or whom you believe.     

Just noting that the longer this discussion has gone on with nothing more than allegations and gossip (and misinformation) the more skeptical I have become about most of it.

JMO but there seems to be too many people (who seem to be quality folks) associated with the Softball program,  for me to accept without question, that all of them just ignored what was obvious.....or that so many people would chosoe to keep the improper behavior secret.     So nobody else finds that strange  ? :dunno:

PS to Keesler....that's OK...I carried away sometimes and OK to jerk me back in line if necessary....:)

2 hours ago, keesler said:

We all speculate in the absence of verifiable proof/evidence and lack of facts.  It's human nature when things are flowing perfectly with the team you love and even more so when things appear to spiral out of control.

We fans think we want the truth, we think we want the detailed facts.  In reality fans are probably SO much better off left in the dark on how programs operate.

But often marvel at how a few posters (separated by miles & states far and wide from the little town of Auburn) post like they are so closely involved with Auburn Athletics and they are "in the know" about the inner workings & behind the scenes nuances of Auburn all based on what they read on the the internet.  

*Important NOTE:  This post is in no way directed towards AU64, as I think he is a great poster on this board and one of my favorite guys to interact with.

Thank you . Fact is there is a lot of poo that goes on underneath the scene when it comes to big institutions , organizations , etc especially when money is involved . Chances are we will never know what occurred behind the scenes and quite frankly it is better that some of you do not get that opportunity as it may dash your faith in individuals.

On 8/27/2017 at 0:31 AM, AUIH1 said:

Wake up McFly.  Clint knew his son was ******** players on the team and tried to cover it up.  Both Clint and his son are POS.   If you really do talk to compliance people in the AU AD, they will tell you the same.  

wde

Your ASSumptions are noted.  It never ceases to amaze me how the mere suggestion of something negative, without knowing actual facts, allows some to form concrete opinions concerning another person's character.  Perhaps one day you will be judged by what someone does that you are close to and you can then be labeled in the same manner you so eagerly label others.

On 8/26/2017 at 10:58 PM, Tigerbelle said:

It's not logic. It's a known fact. Just because you seem unable to grasp the concept of it does not make it untrue. Have you never heard of being a good role model? It is an important part of having a civil society.  Children need someone decent to look up to and to pattern themselves after. It's called socializing. Criminal behavior, addiction, etc, ARE generational problems. Do you not realize that? As far as men's behavior....I hate to break it to YOU that I am very well aware that men treat women horribly because I am a woman and I have experienced it literally hundreds of times. And why is that? Because men are TAUGHT to behave that way from the men before them....their Dads, brothers,Uncles,etc. Why do you think the Women's Movement was started? And btw.....your little session of mansplaining is completely unnecessary and is a form of disrespect. I bet that's another concept you don't get. 

People must be taught as children to be respectful of others. Parents often do not do this. They exhibit disrespect and kids see it and learn to disrespect others. That behavior is never challenged and becomes ingrained.  Clint doesn't have to be a letch....he could just be dismissive and belittling. Kind of like you all are being to me. Obviously Corey has some deep problems. In spite of the danger to his  family, his career and his Dad's career he did not stop. So that means it's behavior that has been going on for years in one way or another. I would never tolerate my children treating anyone with such disrespect and I do not cover for them when they are in the wrong. But my kids although not perfect in any way do not sexually harass or disrespect anyone nor would they put me in such a position because they never saw me acting that way and they have respect for me also. My son has in fact saved a few very drunk college girls from being exploited or worse and made sure they got home safely when the guys around him were planning to take advantage. He works in a restaurant in a college town while he's in school and has seen that situation more than once. 

Haley Fagan did not make up this situation. She is not the lone complainer on the team. She's fiesty and not afraid to speak up. That makes men uncomfortable. The fact that there was a tearful meeting and Corey resigned then came back after Daddy intervened speaks of Daddy being an enabler and not grasping how unacceptable that kind of behavior is. 

Did any of you know that it's disrespectful to women call someone a douche? Let that sink in...

Haley Fagan is a torch thrower.  Everybody knows that.  You talk about past behavior.  Look no farther back than the bridges she burned leaving Florida.  Her issues seem to be centered not on Clint Myers, but on her teammate that was having consensual sex with Corey.  That little nugget claiming that the better looking girls got more playtime is nothing but bizarre.  All you have to do is compare the bench to the starters and that is clearly debunked.

As for learned behavior, you know full well that while that is a possibility, its is far from a certainty.  Corey may not be a bad person.  He may be a very well mannered young man, yet still have an issue keeping his pants on when opportunity presents itself.  This was a consensual relationship situation.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Oh.. I dont mind what 64 said, as I too appreciate those posters on here who put thought into their opinions and speculations.

When it involves sensitive issues involving student athletes, and they are possibly being taken advantage of..as it seems Corey Meyers may have done, I just drill down on comments more when comments include the possible phrase "he never said anything about it.." as if the internet, newpapers, etc..tell ALL the story or even know the facts correctly.

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Haley Fagan is a torch thrower.  Everybody knows that.  You talk about past behavior.  Look no farther back than the bridges she burned leaving Florida.  Her issues seem to be centered not on Clint Myers, but on her teammate that was having consensual sex with Corey.  That little nugget claiming that the better looking girls got more playtime is nothing but bizarre.  All you have to do is compare the bench to the starters and that is clearly debunked.

As for learned behavior, you know full well that while that is a possibility, its is far from a certainty.  Corey may not be a bad person.  He may be a very well mannered young man, yet still have an issue keeping his pants on when opportunity presents itself.  This was a consensual relationship situation.

Haley Fagan never attended Florida, and she never left Florida. So I'm not sure where this burning bridges thought is coming from. Her sisters left there. Fagan started at South Alabama and transferred to Auburn when Myers was hired. Fagan seems to be the target of many on here, and I'm not sure why.

Archived