Clint Myers Resigns

3 hours ago, saminbama said:

If all or most of the accusations being tossed out there are true, his "retirement" may not be by choice.

How about if all or most of the accusations were untrue?   Where does he get his reputation back? 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, saminbama said:

If all or most of the accusations being tossed out there are true, his "retirement" may not be by choice.

What has Clint been accused of?  Sticking up for his son BEFORE any details came out or making one comment about betraying the team?   Neither of those get you fired. Is there something else he has done himself that I'm missing?  Not trying to argue, just feel I must be missing something. 

• 2 weeks later...

It has been 3 weeks since Clint Myers "retired" and we have our first fall game in little more than 1 month.  It may not be crucial to have a new coach in time for fall training/games but seems it sure would be very advantageous.  It could be that the process is on hold while the program is undergoing an internal evaluation.  I stated in an earlier post that J. Jacobs must have know well in advance that Clint would likely not be back this next season and should have been prepared to act.  Jacobs may have his hands tied at this juncture.  I also think this is why we did not hire a new pitching coach when Corey left so a new coach could make that hire.  I would be willing to wait for a very good coach but a prolonged delay cannot be good for our status with current and potential future recruits. 

It is my opinion, since softball is about to become just an obscure sport again, that an all female coaching staff be assembled, as well as in basketball and hopefully, stop this from happening again

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

It is my opinion, since softball is about to become just an obscure sport again, that an all female coaching staff be assembled, as well as in basketball and hopefully, stop this from happening again

Then we hire a lesbian coach, and then what ? 

10 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

Then we hire a lesbian coach, and then what ? 

Why does it has to be a lesbian? It can't just be a female? You know it is against the law that during an interview to ask about a persons sexual orientation! Ask any HR person. Then all she has do do is file a Federal Discrimination Lawsuit against Auburn University based upon her Sexual Orientation! That won't make ESPNW, it will make ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN and who ever I left out. That has to be the stupidest comment yet. Grow up.

10 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Why does it has to be a lesbian? It can't just be a female? You know it is against the law that during an interview to ask about a persons sexual orientation! Ask any HR person. Then all she has do do is file a Federal Discrimination Lawsuit against Auburn University based upon her Sexual Orientation! That won't make ESPNW, it will make ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN and who ever I left out. That has to be the stupidest comment yet. Grow up.

Nah, that only becomes big news when you do it unintentionally and then problems arise...check around...not that uncommon. 

Just suggesting that there is no guaranteed way to avoid relationship issues where male and female players and or coaches are closely involved with each other.

Need to just get the best coach available....period..

We have a lot of good players and currently highly regarded future players.  Auburn has plans (yet to be approved by BOT this month) for facilities improvement.  There is no reason for Auburn softball to fade into obscurity. The sport seems to have exploded in popularity recently.  In the SEC now it is no longer enough just to have a softball program; fans want a good competitive program.   I believe the administration will do the proper vetting to get the best coach available in an effort to give us that program. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Nah, that only becomes big news when you do it unintentionally and then problems arise...check around...not that uncommon. 

Just suggesting that there is no guaranteed way to avoid relationship issues where male and female players and or coaches are closely involved with each other.

Need to just get the best coach available....period..

I agree we need the best coach available. I also agree there is no guarantee way to avoid relationship issues where male and female and or coaches are closely involved with each other. 

But as far as it only becoming big news when you ask about sexual orientation when you do it it "unintentionally" you are dead wrong. It becomes big news when you do "intentionally" and the candidate deems it was inappropriate and files a federal case about it because we are a State Institution.  

Not jumping on anyone but, just FYI, irregardless if done "intentionally" or "unintentionally" (which I do not know how you ask some on unintentionally  about their sexual orientation) it is against the law to ask question in an interviewer pertaining to a candidates Race, Color, Religion, Sex or National Orientation - Title IV of the Civil Rights Acts 1964 and The Civil Rights act of 1991 and The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Play Act of 2009.

So is it done in interviews, yeah probably so, but if you do just know you set your self and your company up for failure. 

Also I did not have to look around, my wife works HR and has for over 20 years. 

No way to verify the information myself so I will not name a name but it came from a recruit's family that we have at least 1 SEC coach that has expressed interest. She has been very successful at her current program and would be a good hire.

3 hours ago, RHN1975 said:

No way to verify the information myself so I will not name a name but it came from a recruit's family that we have at least 1 SEC coach that has expressed interest. She has been very successful at her current program and would be a good hire.

Wouldn't it defy all logic for someone involved in the coaching search to discuss it with a recruit or their family?  Generally these things are kept quiet until the actual hire has been made and not when someone has "expressed interest".  I do  believe that sometimes coaches try to float a rumor in order to get contract leverage.

1 minute ago, slot canyon said:

Wouldn't it defy all logic for someone involved in the coaching search to discuss it with a recruit or their family?  Generally these things are kept quiet until the actual hire has been made and not when someone has "expressed interest".  I do  believe that sometimes coaches try to float a rumor in order to get contract leverage.

Very true and since I just saw where we had hired someone else that definitely seems like the case.

Archived