Clint Myers Resigns

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What's the real why coach Myers is retiring after agreeing to add 3 more years which would have taken him up to 2023?

The Russians hacked Clint

33 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What's the real why coach Myers is retiring after agreeing to add 3 more years which would have taken him up to 2023?

Most likely some less than good information is about to come out of ESPN's digging about how the situation with Corey was handled. But I don't know if anyone aside from JJ and Clint know exactly why. 

3 hours ago, cptau said:

Schools allow coaches to hire family members when the schools are desperate for a hire.  Aka Tech Tech for Bobby Knight and UAT for Mike Price. 

College sports is rife with nepotism.....Pearls son ?...and Spurrier....list is to long to print here.

Try to remember the stories when Clint took the Auburn job. A big selling point was "family", that he and his sons would be coaching together and he'd be near grandchildren. I don't think Clint ever comes here if hiring his sons hadn't been part of the deal.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

the thing is he actually did do a good job with the guy RIGHT after marsh. Hiring Richard Quick. It was after he died from cancer that he made the wrong call.

So right!

How could I forget Richard?!?

Doh!

Some nice twitter comments from players on the al.com article..... other than a fondness for him, hard to tell what else they know about him leaving....but seems to quash some of the negative rumor mongering and yet.......still leaves some unanswered questions about the season. .

Okay went toOTL website, could not find anything onAU softball, checked ESPN website and only found the original article about CCM resigning.  Article mentioned a few of the issues over the year (Fagan at Florida, Corey leaving, Emily Spain taking leave of absence, the marijuana three and Carlee leaving) but nothing more.

Checked the AU website and CCM is no longer listed, Scott Woodard still listed and so is Casey Myers as volunteer assistant coach.

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Some nice twitter comments from players on the al.com article..... other than a fondness for him, hard to tell what else they know about him leaving....but seems to quash some of the negative rumor mongering and yet.......still leaves some unanswered questions about the season. .

I am pretty sure every player loved him like a grandpa, but there were some issues that happened last season that one would say were out of character for Coach Myers in how he handled situations.  

On 8/24/2017 at 4:38 PM, Mikey said:

Try to remember the stories when Clint took the Auburn job. A big selling point was "family", that he and his sons would be coaching together and he'd be near grandchildren. I don't think Clint ever comes here if hiring his sons hadn't been part of the deal.

Bingo.  Myers could not hire his sons at Arizona State...this is the only reason Jacobs had any shot at getting him.  Would not surprise me if JJ was backtracking on the succession plan after coming to grips with the fallout from this past season.

7 hours ago, slot canyon said:

.I don't like to speculate but I thought it unusual that when Coach Myers released the resignation statement he did not give thanks to or mention the AD.

I thought nothing about it.....it was short and to the point...did not mention JJ but also did not mention his players either. 

Likely this was a mutual decision but frankly, IMO, this early retirement can be laid at Corey's feet...and I'm not going to put blame on JJ for how this ended.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

I thought nothing about it.....it was short and to the point...did not mention JJ but also did not mention his players either. 

Likely this was a mutual decision but frankly, IMO, this early retirement can be laid at Corey's feet...and I'm not going to put blame on JJ for how this ended.

I found it odd that he didn't mention the players.  Very odd.  Even generically "all" the players during his career.  Something didn't feel right about that.

Looked like a "minimum" statement because something cordial sounding had to be released to the media.  JMO. but a mutually agreed upon settlement..

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

More than anyyhing, I hope Corey pays a a significant price for trashing his father's legacy because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Agreed. His 205-54 record with two Softball World Series appearances is now stained. 

18 hours ago, auburnphan said:

JJ is in the clear on this one. 

That depends on whether there was some hint of trouble at ASU.  I do not believe that Corey just suddenly became a dirt bag once he hit the campus at Auburn. It doesn't usually work that way. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

More than anyyhing, I hope Corey pays a a significant price for trashing his father's legacy because he couldn't keep it in his pants.

Clint owns that responsibility all by himself. No one forced him to hire his son, or to cover for him. And where did Corey learn such disrespect for women? I'm saving my sympathy for Corey's wife and children. He has harmed them deeply and they had nothing to do with Auburn softball. 

23 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Clint owns that responsibility all by himself. No one forced him to hire his son, or to cover for him. And where did Corey learn such disrespect for women? I'm saving my sympathy for Corey's wife and children. He has harmed them deeply and they had nothing to do with Auburn softball. 

Come on Belle... the whole cover-up thing is a huge stretch. Look at his career. I don't buy that a coach who is so beloved and has been for so long would knowingly allow those kinds of things on his watch. You can also bet that Corey was a model citizen when dad or brother were near by. Your right Corey's family deserves some serious sympathy, but the sins of the son should not be pushed upon the father and to go as far as to say Corey learned it from Clint... that's reprehensible and out of character for you.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Are you saying Clint taught his son to disrespect women and cheat on his wife?  

23 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Come on Belle... the whole cover-up thing is a huge stretch. Look at his career. I don't buy that a coach who is so beloved and has been for so long would knowingly allow those kinds of things on his watch. You can also bet that Corey was a model citizen when dad or brother were near by. Your right Corey's family deserves some serious sympathy, but the sins of the son should not be pushed upon the father and to go as far as to say Corey learned it from Clint... that's reprehensible and out of character for you.

With all due respect.....Children learn their core behavior from modeling their parent's behavior. That's why it is crucial that people behave decently in front of their children. Domestic violence,sexual abuse....those become generational problems because children do copy their parents to a great extent. I asked where Corey got his attitude about women and I stand by that remark. It is a legitimate question. It is NOT reprehensible, and because my education is in the field of mental health with an emphasis on Early Childhood Development.... it is also NOT out of character for me to wonder about Corey's history. It's very important to this issue and to me as a woman and as a mother with 2 daughters and a son.

As for the other part of your post.....read again these statements below.

"Former shortstop Haley Fagan said several members of the team filed anonymous ethics complaints with the athletic department in September 2016, prompting the university to conduct an internal investigation that led to Corey Myers' resignation after a tearful team meeting. That September resignation lasted only two weeks, Fagan said, after Clint Myers and another Auburn coach asked select members of the team to "go fight for Corey" with the athletic department."

"People are so scared to come out because they think that nothing's going to come about it because of who (the Myers') are," said the former player, who requested anonymity from AL.com. "People are just scared that they're going to get in trouble because at the end of the day (Clint Myers) is going to have Corey's back; it's his son"

" Fagan said she wouldn't defend Corey Myers during the fall investigation and instead tried to speak up about his inappropriate behavior.  'I remember when                 I first went to Coach [Clint Myers] and [Auburn assistant] Scott Woodard ... they literally said, 'Define inappropriate relationships.' "

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Are you saying Clint taught his son to disrespect women and cheat on his wife?  

Children learn by modeling the behavior they see .....mostly the behavior at home as they grow up. I am QUESTIONING  where he learned that disrespect. 

Archived