May I just say...

War to the Eagle

I am extremely proud of the job our staff has done in recruiting of late.  We came seemingly from nowhere with Asa, a Bama target who was thought to be headed that way; we (again) seemingly came back from what looked like a Clemson switcharoo to get Monday; we're right there in the thick of it with Fields; we look good for Wonnum, possibly Trey Hill and maybe even McMichael.

Although our recruiting has taken off in recent years, this seems to be a different level.  It's very easy to be cynical in this league and sport-I'm a prime offender.With so much criticism, though, there has to be a celebration of how well our guys are doing.

War Damn Recruiting...I love this crap!

I agree the latest recruits have been very solid.

However, if we don't land some of those highly regarded guys I think we land outside the top 12 and probably our lowest per player rating since Gus arrived.  Essentially it's all up to how we finish.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

I agree the latest recruits have been very solid.

However, if we don't land some of those highly regarded guys I think we land outside the top 12 and probably our lowest per player rating since Gus arrived.  Essentially it's all up to how we finish.

Looking at Rivals based on the teams ahead and behind us based on average stars right now.  If we continued at exact same level we would end up around 12th or 13th.  Slightly better and we are in the top 10. JF would change the numbers dramatically and put us in top 10 if others follow the same pattern as now.  Plus some of our 3*'s I think are underated.  I personally like how recruiting is going so far. We have hit a home run in  the Safety/Star area as far as I am concerned. We have 2 quality RB's and 2 quality WR's, 1 quality QB/athlete, 1 quality LB.  The slow areas like D-Line always seem to be slow Garner always seems to find a way to bring them in. We need 1-2 quality OT's, 1 more WR, JF, 1-2 more LB's, a CB and a quality TE.

I am not worried about LB because of Twill same for D-Line because of Garner, it appears that Kodi and the rest of the staff are doing a good job on WR's.  I always worry about O-Line especially OT's as they are hard to find and like everyone I am on pins and needles waiting on JF.  You are right the finish will determine where we end up but over last few years the finish seems to be our strength.

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Plus some of our 3*'s I think are underated. 

Hear, hear. I really won't be surprised if some of them end up ranked higher. Even if they don't, this staff has earned my trust with their evaluations of the less highly ranked kids. I felt good about the 3*s in the last class and I feel good about the ones in this class.

Agreed about OL, too. I know we've got a couple good ones in the fold and are looking good for others, but I'll feel better when we have a stud tackle committed. 

Overall, I love these last 2 classes, as long as we finish strong with this one. 

Archived