ChaddScott

Who is Auburn's 2nd toughest opponent?

ChaddScott    49

My GridironNow.com colleague Zac Blackerby, whose lunchtime talk show on ESPN 106.7 FM in Auburn you may be listening to, ranked Auburn's schedule from least to most difficult.

http://gridironnow.com/ranking-auburn-2017-schedule/

Alabama's obviously the toughest, but which do you think is the 2nd toughest game? At Clemson, at LSU, home to Georgia, someone else?

I'd pick at Clemson despite their having a new QB. I think LSU is down this year.

corchjay    1,688
1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

bama 

Clemson

lsu

uga

in that order

Agree.  Some one in the west will be better then we expect as well.  Ole Miss probably if they can play defense.  

corchjay    1,688

Very tough schedule.  Just imagine if bama and uga weren't at home if it were split like before it'd be absolutely brutal.  

Auburn 6    12

Bama

Clemson

Georgia

LSU

It's very possible that either uga or lsu could end up being better than clemson, but I still think it will be hard mentally on them.  Playing the defending champs on the road with only one tune up game under their belts.  Hoping Gus doesn't have a slow start this season.  

lionheartkc    4,028

I honestly think there are going to be a couple of teams that everyone expects to be really good, who are going to struggle because of losing players and or changing coaches. I wouldn't be surprised if bama, Clemson, or LSU struggled for at least part of the year. I also wouldn't be surprised if our toughest game came from a team that wasn't expected to be anything special, but found an edge, like Mississippi State, who could arguably have the best QB in the SEC, or Arkansas, who's QB also has that potential (though I really don't think Bret can pull it together, especially against Auburn).  

As for Georgia... I'm not ready to say that Kirby had what it takes to build a winning program.

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 1

WarTim    481

uat second. Clemson 1

• Like 1

gr82b4au    418
7 minutes ago, WarTim said:

uat second. Clemson 1

I was about to post the same thing - alabama is 2nd toughest. Clemson is the defending champ, playing at home, has great coaches, has 2 defensive players in the top 10 players in the country this year and may have the #1 overall defense by the time it is said and done. I will take a 13-10 victory in that game and be happy. 

So the answer is alabama is 2nd toughest. 

• Like 2

lkeel75    463

LSU & Clemson are tied for top in my book.  This is based on talent, both are road games, and at least one and likely both will be night games.

DAG    2,618

No doubt it will be LSU. Clemson will drop off on the offensive end due to being green at the QB position 

• Like 1

AUIH1    721

2.  LSU

2A. uga-Gus wets his pants when he sees the G.

3. Clemson

wde

• Haha 1

ClaytonAU    825

We're beating Clemson by two scores. They won't be that good. 

DAG    2,618
1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

This is what I like to hear . Screw Clemson .

ClaytonAU    825
9 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is what I like to hear . Screw Clemson .

They've lost so much on the offensive side and defensive side. Their Linebackers will be the only good thing they have going for them. 

Auskip    67
1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I'm with you Clayton. If they hadn't had Watson, they would have lost 3 games last year. I believe that they could lose 4 games this year.

DAG    2,618

I don't want to hear crap about the puppies either. They are overdue for this to occur

• Like 1

Scotty2Hotty    47
6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I hate going to Baton Rouge ... they've had our number there since the Tuberville day time game.

Agreed. If we win @ Baton Rouge, we take it all. If we don't, we still have a legit shot. Reference 2013.

Eagle-1    455
On 8/25/2017 at 9:39 AM, ChaddScott said:

My GridironNow.com colleague Zac Blackerby, whose lunchtime talk show on ESPN 106.7 FM in Auburn you may be listening to, ranked Auburn's schedule from least to most difficult.

http://gridironnow.com/ranking-auburn-2017-schedule/

Alabama's obviously the toughest, but which do you think is the 2nd toughest game? At Clemson, at LSU, home to Georgia, someone else?

I'd pick at Clemson despite their having a new QB. I think LSU is down this year.

I'm scared to death of LSU. Too much voodoo in Baton Rouge, plus that new coordinator is crazy good. 

• Like 1