ESPNW report on sexual harassment

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Or she was a victim of Corey's unwanted advances and was blackballed and cut from the team for bringing it up. Not saying she was. Just pointing out another possible scenario.

True but if she was an actual victim.... why not say so in her complaint....that would be worth saying for sure......but that vague "toxic atmosphere" ? and " lack of institutional control"  which you can bet she has seen in other cases and how did that manifest itself?  

From what I've seen posted about this particular player, she was not anywhere near SEC level but might not accept that evaluation and hope that a new coach might give her another chance....which sounds pretty realistic based on her desire to return to the team.    

No doubt Corey crossed the line having a relationship with a player....but that complaint from one player about the coach using the s*** word in a text that actually was positive about her effort....C'mon...get serious.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

True but if she was an actual victim.... why not say so in her complaint....that would be worth saying for sure......but that vague "toxic atmosphere" ? and " lack of institutional control"  which you can bet she has seen in other cases and how did that manifest itself?  

From what I've seen posted about this particular player, she was not anywhere near SEC level but might not accept that evaluation and hope that a new coach might give her another chance....which sounds pretty realistic based on her desire to return to the team.    

No doubt Corey crossed the line having a relationship with a player....but that complaint from one player about the coach using the s*** word in a text that actually was positive about her effort....C'mon...get serious.

I guess I don't really care why she filed the complaint if the complaints were legit. So, whether she was a victim, just witnessed it and has a strong moral compass, or just witnessed it and wanted a piece of revenge for the evaluation she received, I don't really care if these claims are true. Based on what people I know and on other forums are saying, I think there's quite a bit of legitimacy here. 

At this point I don't know if it matters who made the complaint, their skill set, background or motive.  It appears that there is validity to the complaint and the role of the coaches and or athletic department needs to be determined.  

6 hours ago, 1716 said:

Somewhere back in this long thread there were some questions about why walk on Alexa Nemeth was cut from the team after the 2017 season. I can give you my opinion as I did see her pitch in a preseason game in the fall of 2016. She does not appear to be strong enough to be a division I pitcher, much less an SEC caliber pitcher. She throws in the 50's and I'm not sure she would be a starter on a D2 team. Auburn was short on pitchers this year having only 3 on the roster. Jenna Abbott was moved to pitcher after having not pitched in 3 years. Jenna became the 4th pitcher in the rotation and Nemeth never played in the regular season.  Auburn signed at least 2 pitchers for the upcoming season and thus will have a full rotation of 5 pitchers. I don't believe any coach would have asked her back to be a walk on pitcher under these roster circumstances. She may be under the impression that she can come back to the team because Clint Myers is gone, but the reality is quite different if you look solely at her talent level. 

That part is not accurate.  She didn't pitch the year we went the WCWS finals, but she definitely pitched the 2 years before that. 

29 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

At this point I don't know if it matters who made the complaint, their skill set, background or motive.  It appears that there is validity to the complaint and the role of the coaches and or athletic department needs to be determined.  

And that's necessary........but I disagree on the background issues.....and still some folks are saying or at least implying that AU covered it up despite the fact that there appears to have been at least one... or maybe two..... investigations and action taken in each one.  

So maybe the complaints were not so valid and that's what they determined ?  Was it true for example that the pretty girls got to play?   And perhaps someone did not accept the outcome and raised the stakes with a Title IX claim....which makes it political now I guess. 

46 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

That part is not accurate.  She didn't pitch the year we went the WCWS finals, but she definitely pitched the 2 years before that. 

I was told she pitched as a freshman so that is why I referred to 3 years. Whatever you say is correct, I'm sure. It's not the point of my comment.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

And that's necessary........but I disagree on the background issues.....and still some folks are saying or at least implying that AU covered it up despite the fact that there appears to have been at least one... or maybe two..... investigations and action taken in each one.  

So maybe the complaints were not so valid and that's what they determined ?  Was it true for example that the pretty girls got to play?   And perhaps someone did not accept the outcome and raised the stakes with a Title IX claim....which makes it political now I guess. 

Our AD is on record back in April saying he had no knowledge of any investigation into Corey Meyers conduct. 

Corey Meyers resigned on March 30........ Almost a whole month later in April and Jacobs was quoted as saying that all he knew was that Corey Meyers wanted to spend more time with his family. 

The silence on our part when both Corey and Clint left the program coupled with Clint Meyers' contract extension being agreed to in principle in July, call into question when the investigation took place. The Title IX complaint alleges that  an investigation happened in September 2016. 

The fact that Clint Meyers, even in principle, was given a contract extension in July, and then over a month later he "retires" raises some serious questions about the investigation. If our investigation is what lead to Clint Meyers "retiring", which the statement Auburn put out Sunday morning suggested, then why in the hell was a contract extension even in the works?

Was the investigation before or after Alexa Nameth's Title IX complaint was filed? If it was afterward, then that makes more sense about the timing of Clint Meyers' contract extension and it not being up for approval by the board of trustees ............ Either way, Auburn and Jay Jacobs response to this has been inadequate and enough wasn't done to prevent this from happening.

6 hours ago, boomstick said:

I guess I just don't understand what questions about her need to be answered. Has something in her past prompted someone to question the validity of what she's saying?

And I'm 32. Sketchy has been a pretty standard word in my vocabulary since HS. I hung out with some sketchy individuals at times. :dunno::big:

I just question how exactly she was damaged.? She seems upset that she was dismissed from the team and her response is to file a Title IX complaint.  Ofcourse, Title IX is being used as a money grab all across the country now, even though it was not intended to be used in that manner at all when it was passed.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Our AD is on record back in April saying he had no knowledge of any investigation into Corey Meyers conduct. 

Corey Meyers resigned on March 30........ Almost a whole month later in April and Jacobs was quoted as saying that all he knew was that Corey Meyers wanted to spend more time with his family. 

The silence on our part when both Corey and Clint left the program coupled with Clint Meyers' contract extension being agreed to in principle in July, call into question when the investigation took place. The Title IX complaint alleges that  an investigation happened in September 2016. 

The fact that Clint Meyers, even in principle, was given a contract extension in July, and then over a month later he "retires" raises some serious questions about the investigation. If our investigation is what lead to Clint Meyers "retiring", which the statement Auburn put out Sunday morning suggested, then why in the hell was a contract extension even in the works?

Was the investigation before or after Alexa Nameth's Title IX complaint was filed? If it was afterward, then that makes more sense about the timing of Clint Meyers' contract extension and it not being up for approval by the board of trustees ............ Either way, Auburn and Jay Jacobs response to this has been inadequate and enough wasn't done to prevent this from happening.

Due to Meredith Jenkins being in charge of women's sports, I am not certain what Jay knew and when.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I just question how exactly she was damaged.? She seems upset that she was dismissed from the team and her response is to file a Title IX complaint.  Ofcourse, Title IX is being used as a money grab all across the country now, even though it was not intended to be used in that manner at all when it was passed.

I think it's quite a leap to insinuate the only reason she filed the complaint is because she's disgruntled and is looking for a money grab. Just filing a Title IX complaint isn't going to get her any money. If her claims are legitimate, why does she have to be damaged? What if she feels she needs to report the wrong since she's no longer a part of the program and it seems some current players may not feel like they can? What if she's doing because she saw things happen to a close friend? The fact that some people feel she has an agenda and that should negate or diminish her claim, even if it's 100% true, is interesting and weird to me. 

On 8/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

It seems to me that Auburn athletics is in pretty good shape overall,

IF you count the tiddlywink sports maybe.  If you count the big 3 men's sports, we're the worst in the SEC under JJ.  It boggles my mind why more people don't know this.  It's been reported and discussed ad nauseam on this board.

17 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

IF you count the tiddlywink sports maybe.  If you count the big 3 men's sports, we're the worst in the SEC under JJ.  It boggles my mind why more people don't know this.  It's been reported and discussed ad nauseam on this board.

I was referring to all sports, since they all come under Jay.  And I will admit to having been disappointed in baseball since Baird retired, since we had a long tradition of good baseball teams.  And basketball hasn't gained any traction since Ellis left.  But it's hard to believe we're dead last with football winning a natty and playing for another, plus two conference championships.  I tried to find some sort of ranking on this without success.

33 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Anyone want to bet that another "retirement" is coming?

Depends on how confident you are and what the stakes are. If you're supremely confident and the stakes are really low, I'll take the bet in hopes that you're right and I don't lose much while being happy I lost.

49 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Depends on how confident you are and what the stakes are. If you're supremely confident and the stakes are really low, I'll take the bet in hopes that you're right and I don't lose much while being happy I lost.

And to think people thought he would be gone over hiring of football coaches....

Just now, Randman5000 said:

And to think people thought he would be gone over hiring of football coaches....

Wouldn't it be something if the most successful athletic program of the last 3-4 years was the one to take him down when all of the other screw-ups in all the other sports couldn't?

10 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I was referring to all sports, since they all come under Jay.  And I will admit to having been disappointed in baseball since Baird retired, since we had a long tradition of good baseball teams.  And basketball hasn't gained any traction since Ellis left.  But it's hard to believe we're dead last with football winning a natty and playing for another, plus two conference championships.  I tried to find some sort of ranking on this without success.

We were dead ass last in the men's Big 3 sports this time last year if I remember correctly.  I can't imagine that we jumped up a notch in one year considering how last year ended for those 3 sports.:sad2:

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

Anyone want to bet that another "retirement" is coming?

Hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Auburn fans would support Charles Mansion if he was part of the "family"....Finally, I hope people realize that this guy is a glad-handing, incompetent ,good ole boy that should have never been the hired as AD......Assistant AD?..... Fine and dandy, in charge of fund raising would be a proper job.....Maybe the new prez will spray the bugs

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Due to Meredith Jenkins being in charge of women's sports, I am not certain what Jay knew and when.

Jay knew in September of 2016.  That's pretty apparent based on the comments in the article above.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Jay knew in September of 2016.  That's pretty apparent based on the comments in the article above.

Looks like folks are busier than a cat in a litter box now.......they're saying Jacobs public comments back in April regarding the investigation were unfortunate and misleading.

Just now, keesler said:

Looks like folks are busier than a cat in a litter box now.......they're saying Jacobs public comments back in April regarding the investigation were unfortunate and misleading.

Yeah, something stinks to high heaven right now.

Archived