ESPNW report on sexual harassment

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, the primary issue is the fact that a professional deemed it was okay to have an inappropriate relationship with a player (Assumption), which led to hurt feelings and otherwise irrational behavior. If the experienced adults in this manner had acted accordingly, it would NOT have spilled over to such a situation of vindication among the team. Likewise, you are dealing with a bunch of young adults here.  I am sure they have never had to deal with such a situation before, therefore, it does not surprise me in the responses of the team. However, proverbial wisdom needed to be kicked in with a situation like this.

Of course, you don't move forward in ignorance. Like everything else in life, you see it through, taking into the consequences and hopefully learning from them

Just wondering....team is supposed to form up soon and there is  a series of games to be played in middle of October....so back to the question....what does the school do at this point?  

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Just wondering....team is supposed to form up soon and there is  a series of games to be played in middle of October....so back to the question....what does the school do at this point?  

I believe they have already started. And I think Scott Woodard is the interim HC. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You get an interim HC and you do your due diligence in terms of this case . It's not rocket science but it becomes that way when you aren't trying to do right by people. I imagine AU will take the necessary steps to do right 

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Read my OP,  you can be the judge whether that applies to you.

I don't care what the lawyers say or if they felt the need to get evidence of an inappropriate relationship. We will to  need support these Auburn Women who have given alot to the program over the last three years... or this turns into our own Baylor. Pointing out what they did wrong is missing the whole point.

I agree with what you are saying.  What I was just doing was relaying information that I have known for months that finally something was released to allow me to say it.

Elsewhere there is a lengthy interview with the young lady who filed the complaint.  

What I'm having trouble understanding is that she was walk-on with virtually no chance of making the team and had been cut from the team somewhere along the line.  Yet she and her parents were engaged in a lengthy campaign against the Auburn coaching staff even after she had left school.   At least that's what it appears....and seems her biggest complaint was the harsh treatment players received from the coaches but unless I missed it, there was nothing specific about Corey or sexual harassment.   And somehow she still has ambitions to play at AU. 

Guess I'm still wondering how this got so far and how this non-player is has the primary role in all the accusations.   Maybe when the attorneys complete their investigation we will know more.

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Elsewhere there is a lengthy interview with the young lady who filed the complaint.  

What I'm having trouble understanding is that she was walk-on with virtually no chance of making the team and had been cut from the team somewhere along the line.  Yet she and her parents were engaged in a lengthy campaign against the Auburn coaching staff even after she had left school.   At least that's what it appears....and seems her biggest complaint was the harsh treatment players received from the coaches but unless I missed it, there was nothing specific about Corey or sexual harassment.   And somehow she still has ambitions to play at AU. 

Guess I'm still wondering how this got so far and how this non-player is has the primary role in all the accusations.   Maybe when the attorneys complete their investigation we will know more.

I have been told that the interview she just did, does not help her.  

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I have been told that the interview she just did, does not help her.  

Don't understand the point of her doing a video. She just said all of that in the Plainsman article. And other than her complaints that the process to protect players seems to have some serious cracks in it, it doesn't seem like she provides much else. Now, if she started naming names and telling details, it would be a different story. She hasn't done that yet that I've seen. 

3 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Don't understand the point of her doing a video. She just said all of that in the Plainsman article. And other than her complaints that the process to protect players seems to have some serious cracks in it, it doesn't seem like she provides much else. Now, if she started naming names and telling details, it would be a different story. She hasn't done that yet that I've seen. 

A video allows for so much more to be analyzed and it is slowly being proven that this is being made into a mountain, unfortunately that mountain is public opinion

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

A video allows for so much more to be analyzed and it is slowly being proven that this is being made into a mountain, unfortunately that mountain is public opinion

So you don't think there's any legitimacy to the claims being made?

10 minutes ago, boomstick said:

So you don't think there's any legitimacy to the claims being made?

Was there an inappropriate relationship?  yes.     

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Was there an inappropriate relationship?  yes.     

Do think the claims Nemeth is making about failures to investigate properly and harmful coaching environment are true or exaggerated?

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

Do think the claims Nemeth is making about failures to investigate properly and harmful coaching environment are true or exaggerated?

exaggerated and misunderstood.

"On top of the relationships Corey Myers was having with some members of the team, other players felt pressured to have “relations” with Corey Myers in order to get practice and playing time, the complaint alleges. "

Quid pro quo just to receive practice time? Yeah, I don't believe that. 

35 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Quid pro quo just to receive practice time? Yeah, I don't believe that. 

Let me dissect the "college girl speak" as my sister in law is in college... (not that it qualifies me ?)

some members of the team = 1 girl

pressured to have relations = somebody asked once if the girl was playing because of her relationship with the coach 

Unfortunately, this is how the current college mind works.  I've seen it a bunch.  Come to think of it, my mind probably wasn't too much different in college.  

As phan is saying, mountain out of a mole hill.  Just take into account that phan mentioned he was finally allowed to post something he knew here because it became public. He knows the details better than any of us if I had to guess just based on that one little inference.  He says overblown, exaggerated and misunderstood, I'll take his word for it.  It matches precisely every single detail I've seen on the case. 

Lets break down the biggest situation:

A group of teammates bring screenshots of another players phones to the attention of the athletic department, they give some details of how they got them.  Knowing the situation is serious the team is put together under supervision as they have admitted to committing multiple crimes and as student athletes everyone deserves fairness.  THe girl who had this phone stolen from her has details of what took place and has the right to file charges.  WHat was given to the AD now has to go through an entire process to find how to handle this situation and to keep from any other collusion happening over an admitted numerous crimes.  WIthin 3 hours the coach has been dismissed.  Apparently the victim does not want to file a police report at that time.   Ms Nameth in her video said afterwards they realized they could not be arrested, that is misleading.  I guarantee she is implying about the ramifications on the Title IX claim and not on actual criminal law.  There was no need to make any other public statements at that time.

What is wrong is wrong, but to claim that we mishandled things greatly is off based.  JJ's statement is what it is, but things were handled properly.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, boomstick said:

Here's another article:

Auburn, Ala. (EETV) - Hours after a report released by ESPNW revealed shocking allegations against the Auburn Softball program for abuse and sexual harassment allegations, a former player exclusively reveals shocking details to EETV.

“You could simply tell they blamed everything on us,” said the former player that wishes to remain anonymous. “They treated us as if we betrayed them.”

The ESPN report revealed that Auburn softball player Alexa Nemeth filed a letter alleging abusive treatment by the Auburn softball coaching staff and a pattern of sexual harassment.

However, the story begins at a much earlier date. The story begins in the fall of 2016 when rumors of a relationship between assistant coach Corey Myers and a player surfaced.

“At first none of the players believed the accusations,” said the former player.

Following the rumors, an investigation began to look into the rumors; Corey took a week off.

“Head coach Clint Myers told us players to rally behind and stand up for Corey Myers,” said the former player. “So we did because we still didn’t believe it.”

The teams rallying efforts brought Corey back to the team and according to our source, the situation died down.

After Christmas break, she says things ramped back up.

“Someone actually caught Corey and this former player holding hands,” our anonymous source reveals.

The player who caught Corey went to Clint Myers immediately to inform him of the situation. According to the source, Clint Myers blew off the allegation as if it did not happen.

As weeks passed there were no new developments, until an away series. Corey and the former player were caught talking behind a stairwell past the player’s curfew.

The next day, while on the way to the field, one of the team members saw the player, who was allegedly in a relationship with Corey, texting him.

“She [another member of the team] immediately got her phone and took screenshots,” said the former player. “Later looking at the screenshots and reading them, she immediately knew that everything was a lie.”

After the text messages were discovered, there was a team meeting before leaving for the Georgia series.

“Every girl on the team except the player in the relationship was locked inside our team room for four hours,” said the former player.

During that meeting, the team learned that Corey would no longer be coaching.

Associate AD Meredith Jenkins was also at the team meeting and was aware of the pictures of the text messages between Corey and the former player.

According to our anonymous source, Jenkins told the players “a police report had been filed and that if we had the picture we could face criminal charges.”

After telling the team about the police report, she pulled the five players with the pictures aside and “basically told them that she knew they had them and repeated herself and told them they could face criminal charges with the pictures on their phones.”

According to our source, following the meeting, the seniors went to Clint Myers's office and told them that if the player in the relationship was coming on the trip to Georgia then none of them would get on the bus.

“After 45 minutes of talking, the player decided herself not to attend the series at Georgia,” said the former player.

After the Georgia series, the climate of the softball team changed dramatically. The demeanors of Clint Myers and Coach Casey Myers changed.

“Coach Clint Myers said that ‘we betrayed the family,” the former player said. “Everything changed for the worse after the Georgia series.”

http://www.eagleeyeauburn.com/article/2017/08/exclusive-former-player-details-abusive-environment-inside-auburn-softball

FORMER player?!? So was that Nemith or wasn't it?

28 minutes ago, TheBeachTigger said:

FORMER player?!? So was that Nesmith or wasn't it?

I don't believe this article's source is Nemeth. I've seen speculation that it is Fagan, but I'm not sure. 

8 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Let me dissect the "college girl speak" as my sister in law is in college... (not that it qualifies me ?)

some members of the team = 1 girl

pressured to have relations = somebody asked once if the girl was playing because of her relationship with the coach 

Unfortunately, this is how the current college mind works.  I've seen it a bunch.  Come to think of it, my mind probably wasn't too much different in college.  

As phan is saying, mountain out of a mole hill.  Just take into account that phan mentioned he was finally allowed to post something he knew here because it became public. He knows the details better than any of us if I had to guess just based on that one little inference.  He says overblown, exaggerated and misunderstood, I'll take his word for it.  It matches precisely every single detail I've seen on the case. 

Somehow as I read the long interview and explanation from ESPN or wherever,  I pictured a young woman trying to explain or justify to her parents why she did not make the team..

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

I don't believe this article's source is Nemeth. I've seen speculation that it is Fagan, but I'm not sure. 

That article is being told by someone covering their own ass for the crimes they committed, carefully read it and think about how the phone situation went down, it is completely illogical and not practical.  Important to note that this would have took place at the Florida series

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

That article is being told by someone covering their own ass for the crimes they committed, carefully read it and think about how the phone situation went down, it is completely illogical and not practical.  Important to note that this would have took place at the Florida series

Not following. I don't see how any player has to do anything to cover herself in any way. 

It could not be Nemeth. She seems to be quite happy doing interviews with anyone, as I am seeing pop up, even in an active restuarant. And they reference her ESPN article as if this is another player. 

Not sure it was Fagan too, since she has been quoted and also does not seem to care if she is quoted. 

So it is another player who wishes to be not named for now.

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Not following. I don't see how any player has to do anything to cover herself in any way. 

A player claims seeing the two talking after curfew, obviously breaking curfew themselves.

The accused is texting the coach on the way to the field and other girls are so close that they can see who she is texting?  odd for a secret relationship.  They immediately take her phone and screen shot texts, give her phone back, accused is completely fine with this happening, they then look at the screen shots days later and turn them in because they were serious?

My 10 year old nephew lies better than this

1 minute ago, boomstick said:

I agree. 

Sorry, unless I hear something different from coaches, administration officials that can be supported, these girls have very little fault.

Give me a break, we are going to call out these girls for how they handled using someone's phone? It seems that they were frustrated and desperate to get a handle on this wrong and ethical issue that an adult coach and possibly his father did.

Let's see the real issue here. Sure they are not professionals and know how to handle an inappropriate relationship and possible favoritism with their program.

Archived