ESPNW report on sexual harassment

23 minutes ago, 1716 said:

Somewhere back in this long thread there were some questions about why walk on Alexa Nemeth was cut from the team after the 2017 season. I can give you my opinion as I did see her pitch in a preseason game in the fall of 2016. She does not appear to be strong enough to be a division I pitcher, much less an SEC caliber pitcher. She throws in the 50's and I'm not sure she would be a starter on a D2 team. Auburn was short on pitchers this year having only 3 on the roster. Jenna Abbott was moved to pitcher after having not pitched in 3 years. Jenna became the 4th pitcher in the rotation and Nemeth never played in the regular season.  Auburn signed at least 2 pitchers for the upcoming season and thus will have a full rotation of 5 pitchers. I don't believe any coach would have asked her back to be a walk on pitcher under these roster circumstances. She may be under the impression that she can come back to the team because Clint Myers is gone, but the reality is quite different if you look solely at her talent level. 

Irregardless of talent, unfortunatly, the poor girl is dilusional if she thinks she would be welcomed back with open arms. I guarantee there are those members of the student body that will let her know how they feel (and not nicely) about the bad publicity for Auburn and leading CCM retiring. 

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Remember that the concerns raised in the fall were done so anonymously.  It isn't reasonable to fire someone because of an anonymous complaint.  As I recall the situation last fall, it was announced that Corey was taking a leave of absence.  He didn't resign, if I'm remembering that correctly.  Then he was brought back two weeks later after several players wrote letters supporting him.  Investigators then conclude (reasonably) that there's no substance to the anonymous complaints.  So now the board is wiped clean.  I don't know the timing of Clint's 2020 contract extension, but there would be no reason not to give him one after Corey came back.

Related:  Casey Fagan and Cheyenne Coyle are no longer listed as staff members.  Hunter Veach is listed as manager.

According to the article, an internal investigation from anonymous complaints led to the resignation of Corey during a tearful team meeting in September. 

46 minutes ago, boomstick said:

According to the article, an internal investigation from anonymous complaints led to the resignation of Corey during a tearful team meeting in September. 

It was never reported back then that Corey resigned. Where is it written that he resigned back then and not the 'leave of absence' that was actually reported and he actually did? 

The only resignation was by Corey during this spring.

18 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

It was never reported back then that Corey resigned. Where is it written that he resigned back then and not the 'leave of absence' that was actually reported and he actually did? 

The only resignation was by Corey during this spring.

It's in the ESPNW article. From the article:

"Former shortstop Haley Fagan said several members of the team filed anonymous ethics complaints with the athletic department in September 2016, prompting the university to conduct an internal investigation that led to Corey Myers' resignation after a tearful team meeting. That September resignation lasted only two weeks, Fagan said, after Clint Myers and another Auburn coach asked select members of the team to "go fight for Corey" with the athletic department."

So now I hear today from bama fans that we have coaches raping players and covering it up. 

This is is why we don't attack our own until we get the facts. People like the ones on this thread condemning the entire athletic dept with zero facts to back it up are partially responsible for all the misinformation being tossed around. How in the world have these people not learned from the past?  Some people are just miserable and love company.  If you don't have facts to back up your accusations, don't bring them at all. 

2 minutes ago, boomstick said:

"Former shortstop Haley Fagan said several members of the team filed anonymous ethics complaints with the athletic department in September 2016, prompting the university to conduct an internal investigation that led to Corey Myers' resignation after a tearful team meeting. That September resignation lasted only two weeks, Fagan said, after Clint Myers and another Auburn coach asked select members of the team to "go fight for Corey" with the athletic department."

Not taking any sides in the finger pointing that is present here,  just observing that I would be very hesitant to quote anybody from ESPN on anything given their crucifixion of Auburn in  the Cam debacle and so many other misstatements designed to make fake news long before recent politics!  I have no doubt that when the dust clears and the lynch mobs gathering on both sides settle down, we will ultimately know the truth!  War Eagle, let's get ready for some football!!!!

1 minute ago, warhogone said:

Not taking any sides in the finger pointing that is present here,  just observing that I would be very hesitant to quote anybody from ESPN on anything given their crucifixion of Auburn in  the Cam debacle and so many other misstatements designed to make fake news long before recent politics!  I have no doubt that when the dust clears and the lynch mobs gathering on both sides settle down, we will ultimately know the truth!  War Eagle, let's get ready for some football!!!!

A reporter followed this team for almost the entire season last year and has been digging on this story since May. I think it's reasonable to believe there is some credibility to the info in that article. I don't believe this piece started out as an attack on Auburn but morphed into that due to the circumstances. And I don't see any reason to misrepresent info in this article with the amount of player participation it received. 

34 minutes ago, boomstick said:

A reporter followed this team for almost the entire season last year and has been digging on this story since May. I think it's reasonable to believe there is some credibility to the info in that article. I don't believe this piece started out as an attack on Auburn but morphed into that due to the circumstances. And I don't see any reason to misrepresent info in this article with the amount of player participation it received. 

Is this same reporter that's digging around for info on Clint/Corey from their Arizona coaching days?

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Is this same reporter that's digging around for info on Clint/Corey from their Arizona coaching days?

Not sure. I have heard there is someone digging on that based on some of the info found here. And there are rumors that Corey's stay out there involved some of the same accusations. 

From my understanding, the reporter that was here following the team had good intentions. This story just kind of fell into ESPN's lap. 

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

That is partially true.  However, it is obvious that members of the team that did not agree with the writer's take either were not included or refused to speak on the subject.  People have to be very wary when they accept statements made in a complaint or letter from an attorney as being fact.  They aren't facts.  They are simply assertions based on a client's point of view.

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That is partially true.  However, it is obvious that members of the team that did not agree with the writer's take either were not included or refused to speak on the subject.  People have to be very wary when they accept statements made in a complaint or letter from an attorney as being fact.  They aren't facts.  They are simply assertions based on a client's point of view.

I agree. It's one side of the story, and I don't take it as absolute fact. But there seems to be enough unison from from a few different people to think there's some legitimacy to the claims. Being that it's one person's account of her view (or in the article's case, 4 or 5 accounts), it's reasonable to think that her/their story/stories are slanted in their favor. With as much smoke as there has been about this whole situation for well over a year now and these stories lining up pretty well with the rumors, it makes me feel like these are legitimate grievances offered and not as much of a spin job or a negative slant from ESPN on this one. 

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

I stand corrected. unless Fagan is not being truthful. These are not facts to me unless corroborated.

I wonder who the other coach was that asked team members to fight for Corey? Interesting..

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I stand corrected. unless Fagan is not being truthful. These are not facts to me unless corroborated.

I wonder who the other coach was that asked team members to fight for Corey? Interesting..

This is something I don't get. Why does Fagan get the "if she's being truthful" angle? Is it the attitude, the way she handled the Tim Walton situation, the marijuana arrest (which might have been caused by the exiled player)? 

And I don't want it to come across as I'm presenting them as facts. I'm only pointing out that, according to the article,  others who were directly involved used that verbiage. 

Not sure on the other coach. I'm not sure we had any other coaches at the time besides Clint and Woodard, unless Casey had already returned to the team. But I don't think he had yet. So my guess would be Woodard.

Just now, boomstick said:

This is something I don't get. Why does Fagan get the "if she's being truthful" angle? Is it the attitude, the way she handled the Tim Walton situation, the marijuana arrest (which might have been caused by the exiled player)? 

And I don't want it to come across as I'm presenting them as facts. I'm only pointing out that, according to the article,  others who were directly involved used that verbiage. 

Not sure on the other coach. I'm not sure we had any other coaches at the time besides Clint and Woodard, unless Casey had already returned to the team. But I don't think he had yet. So my guess would be Woodard.

No, my intent was nothing to do with it being Fagan. If any of the players said this, without supporting proof, then i would say same thing.

I know some on here are dumping on her for her attitude and her troubles she has gotten into. I think she is just more outspoken with an edge. ))

Read up on her family, where did they come from ? Why did they leave where they were ?

Everyone knows, Clint would let anyone with a glove tryout, and if he was thin at a position and had a walk-on , why not let them hang around ? It wasn't costing the team anything.

Im just implying reasonable doubt. there is always more to the story. Keep digging, its amazing whats on the internet.

Just now, NA Tiger said:

Read up on her family, where did they come from ? Why did they leave where they were ?

Everyone knows, Clint would let anyone with a glove tryout, and if he was thin at a position and had a walk-on , why not let them hang around ? It wasn't costing the team anything.

Im just implying reasonable doubt. there is always more to the story. Keep digging, its amazing whats on the internet.

Who are you talking about? Nemeth? Fagan? Jordan? Bass? All of those players are directly quoted in the ESPN story.

3 minutes ago, NA Tiger said:

Nemeth

Good thing. If you were talking about Fagan, then her father would search you out and destroy you. lol.

He won 2 super bowls with the 49'ers and could bench press over 500 LBs i think I read somewhere. :)

16 minutes ago, NA Tiger said:

Nemeth

She came to Auburn from Mooresville, NC. Her parents, Alex Demaske and Amelia Nemeth, look to have run a professional fast pitch softball team in several different locations, last in NC where it folded in 2013. Are you saying they're sketchy people or not trustworthy or their kid is a bad apple because of the parents? Do you think she's making up the story for attention or to explain why she was cut from the team?

Im not trying to say anything. But it seems to me there may be more questions needing answered. Sketchy, my daughter uses that term, sounds fishy to me :)

Just now, NA Tiger said:

Im not trying to say anything. But it seems to me there may be more questions needing answered. Sketchy, my daughter uses that term, sounds fishy to me :)

I guess I just don't understand what questions about her need to be answered. Has something in her past prompted someone to question the validity of what she's saying?

And I'm 32. Sketchy has been a pretty standard word in my vocabulary since HS. I hung out with some sketchy individuals at times. :dunno::big:

12 minutes ago, boomstick said:

She came to Auburn from Mooresville, NC. Her parents, Alex Demaske and Amelia Nemeth, look to have run a professional fast pitch softball team in several different locations, last in NC where it folded in 2013. Are you saying they're sketchy people or not trustworthy or their kid is a bad apple because of the parents? Do you think she's making up the story for attention or to explain why she was cut from the team?

Not necessarily...but why was she the one to file the complaint?   Was she personally harassed by Corey?  Don't recall seeing that.....instead it was the "toxic atmosphere"  I think that was the term used?   

Did a group decide that she would make the complaint on their behalf ?   Did not see that mentioned in the form of a class action however.  So......would be interesting to know how any of this directly affected her....other than she might have thought she did not get a fair chance to make the team.    

JMO but you can't ignore motive when assessing allegations.  

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Not necessarily...but why was she the one to file the complaint?   Was she personally harassed by Corey?  Don't recall seeing that.....instead it was the "toxic atmosphere"  I think that was the term used?   

Did a group decide that she would make the complaint on their behalf ?   Did not see that mentioned in the form of a class action however.  So......would be interesting to know how any of this directly affected her....other than she might have thought she did not get a fair chance to make the team.    

ESPECIALLY, when she said now that Clint is gone, she would love to come back to the team....

That's the problem with this...by just reading the articles and quotes from her...it could be either reason...retribution for a toxic situation with all that was going on within the team regarding issues with Corey Meyer....or...a scorned player wanting reinstatement so why not use a lawsuit as leverage....people in the workplace do it all the time...

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No idea why she filed the complaint. I have my theories and have heard rumors but nothing concrete. I don't think you should ignore motive either, but I don't think it should be dismissed because we aren't privy to all of the info. Had she been the lone whistle blower, I'd have serious questions regarding this story. But she isn't. And the rumors about Corey's behavior go back to before she was on campus. So, I don't see this as one disgruntled player taking one text message out of context and causing a scene.

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

ESPECIALLY, when she said now that Clint is gone, she would love to come back to the team....

That's the problem with this...by just reading the articles and quotes from her...it could be either reason...retribution for a toxic situation with all that was going on within the team regarding issues with Corey Meyer....or...a scorned player wanting reinstatement so why not use a lawsuit as leverage....people in the workplace do it all the time...

Or she was a victim of Corey's unwanted advances and was blackballed and cut from the team for bringing it up. Not saying she was. Just pointing out another possible scenario.

Archived