ESPNW report on sexual harassment

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I never agree with you on anything, and I usually just ignore your inane ranting, but until you sit down and talk with the people who run compliance for Auburn, and hear what they care about and how sincere they are about doing the right thing, like I have, you should probable keep quiet on the subject.

LMAO.  Be careful about what you blindly dismiss about what I don't  know when it comes to AU athletics.  You are parroting lip service.  I deal in reality.

wde

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fredst said:

Yet.... these things often don't end well for the people at the top. Hell, JJ may be pure as the driven snow but this whole situation has been a smoldering dung heap for a pretty good while now. 

Actually these things rarely hurt anyone above the head coach, but in this case I think the only one's who will be hurt are the innocent members of the Myers fsmily.

59 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

From my understanding, they were defending him because Clint told them to defend him.

If you read all of the accounts, there were a lot of girls on the team who were very upset when he was let go and didn't believe what the other girls were saying about him. He was apparently a very popular coach with those he wasn't harassing. Not surprising, really... the personality that makes players love him is the weapon he used to get himself in trouble.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Actually these things rarely hurt anyone above the head coach, but in this case I think the only one's who will be hurt are the innocent members of the Myers fsmily.

Kinda a parallel to what went on and is going on over at Ole Miss.....

As someone noted earlier.....gotta watch how happy folks get over the problems and embarrassments at other schools because it can happen about anywhere...

I agree,  if the AU Administration conducted their own investigation of wrong doing and found enough evidence to cut Corey,  then Clint had no business interfering and petitioning the players to fight the AU Administration to save Corey's ass.  Which apparently festered and came to a head in the spring during a crucial part of the season when cohesiveness and team chemistry was paramount.

Clint wanting to save his sons career is understandable,  but not in direct defiance of the Administration.  And now we see that a member of the AU Athletic Department instructed players to destroy evidence of sexual harassment?  WTH is going on in our Administration guys?  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

After her suspension, she's probably not a big fan.....so guess I could see her taking the chance to get back.

Otherwise......players who are not playing who think they should be playing, etc, etc.....wondering how many "pure" motives are involved on both sides?  

I guess the next step will be players transferring......

The best one already has. The heart and soul of the team was Carlee Wallace and that was an obvious red flag for us all or should have been. When a player with a stellar reputation and your team captain leaves prior to her senior season and the coach doesn't protest, there's a reason. He knew this was coming out soon. 

This is Title IX territory and therefore above the office of the AD. I'm curious what type of response we hear from our University President in the next few days. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I never agree with you on anything, and I usually just ignore your inane ranting, but until you sit down and talk with the people who run compliance for Auburn, and hear what they care about and how sincere they are about doing the right thing, like I have, you should probable keep quiet on the subject.

Can you ask some the AU Compliance folks you sit down and talk with why the hell an AU Asst AD (Jenkins) told AU players to destroy evidence of sexual harrassment?

I mean AU did their own investigation and found grounds to cut an Asst Coach  in the fall yet they allowed the HC to conduct a campaign and petition his players to fight for the asst coaches job..... while the head of the women's sports of the AD pushes players to delete sexual harassment text messages.  Why?

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Can you ask some the AU Compliance folks you sit down and talk with why the hell an AU Asst AD (Jenkins) told AU players to destroy evidence of sexual harrassment?

I mean AU did their own investigation and found grounds to cut an Asst Coach  in the fall yet they allowed the HC to conduct a campaign and petition his players to fight for the asst coaches job..... while the head of the women's sports of the AD pushes players to delete sexual harassment text messages.  Why?

I explained that earlier... it's illegally obtained and could hurt the schools case against Corey if it went to court.

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

This is Title IX territory and therefore above the office of the AD. I'm curious what type of response we hear from our University President in the next few days. 

It's NOW a Title IX issue,  which may have been totally avoided had the AU Administration cut the culprit when they found evidence enough to fire him after their investigation.

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

I agree,  if the AU Administration conducted their own investigation of wrong doing and found enough evidence to cut Corey,  then Clint had no business interfering and petitioning the players to fight the AU Administration to save Corey's ass.  Which apparently festered and came to a head in the spring during a crucial part of the season when cohesiveness and team chemistry was paramount.

Clint wanting to save his sons career is understandable,  but not in direct defiance of the Administration.  And now we see that a member of the AU Athletic Department instructed players to destroy evidence of sexual harassment?  WTH is going on in our Administration guys?  

sounded like some players had "stolen" it off the cell phone of another player.....maybe the damage was done but I guess she might have been right....what they did was wrong and maybe illegal.

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

was it sexual harassment/assault  or sexual misconduct....either way Corey is a POS...but there is a difference between the two allegations. And if Daddy knew and still defended his son then he is a bigger pos...i just hope for the sake of winning no administrator turned their head. Maybe Clint was pissed his kid was asked to resign, and felt some loyalties were misplaced among the team, particularly the players...anyway lets hope there was no cover up.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I explained that earlier... it's illegally obtained and could hurt the schools case against Corey if it went to court.

It probably won't be needed now that all the girls are singing like canaries to the media.

Sometimes I feel like scratching my head bald at the various and creative ways Auburn finds to screw theselvesthe selves. :bang head:

1 minute ago, keesler said:

It's NOW a Title IX issue,  which may have been totally avoided had the AU Administration cut the culprit when they found evidence enough to fire him after their investigation.

True but if Clint put some of the players up to defending Corey...the school was faced with a "she said" vs "she said"....and nobody actually making a direct complaint to the administration.    Sounded like anonymous sources and who knew the motivations.?   The mistake was letting Corey back on the team after taking actionto  dismiss him.

Just now, keesler said:

It probably won't be needed now that all the girls are singing like canaries to the media.

Sometimes I feel like scratching my head bald at the various and creative ways Auburn finds to screw theselvesthe selves. :bang head:

People can say what they want but we have a good way of shooting our selves in the foot forsure

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

was it sexual harassment/assault  or sexual misconduct....either way Corey is a POS...but there is a difference between the two allegations. And if Daddy knew and still defended his son then he is a bigger pos...i just hope for the sake of winning no administrator turned their head. Maybe Clint was pissed his kid was asked to resign, and felt some loyalties were misplaced among the team, particularly the players...anyway lets hope there was no cover up.

Not sure who was harassed or how.....and wondering if the issue might have been favoritism shown to certain players.  It was implied somewhere that Corey had multiple involvements but that was from one source....and not sure I believe that. 

I'm not clear what the "crime" is at this point.  Sounded like he was involved with at least one consenting member of the team.....and others did  not like it or approve?  

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Who knows?  Obviously AU Compliance knew, the Athletic Department knew, the Head Coach knew after the investigation was completed.  So I don't see a coverup as much as a case of "let's hope Corey straightens out and this blows over....Oh and we make it another WCWS and all is forgotten and forgiven."

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

sounded like some players had "stolen" it off the cell phone of another player.....maybe the damage was done but I guess she might have been right....what they did was wrong and maybe illegal.

I wonder if AU searched Corey's phone records to see if he was using the company phone to send out those naughty text messages to his players?   Would be a pretty easy task when compared to some of those phone records of Hugh Freezes. 

If AU hasn't checked those records they probabLy better get on it pronto.  This Title IX crap is nothing to take lightly.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I wonder if AU searched Corey's phone records to see if he was using the company phone to send out those naughty text messages to his players?   Would be a pretty easy task when compared to some of those phone records of Hugh Freezes. 

I think they were described as inappropriate...not naughty......one of the complaints was that he rated one of the players as 7 in a team picture.   Not naughty IMO but certainly a stupid thing to do.....and I bet Corey was also dumb enough to think that his favorite (s) could or would keep a secret.   If so, he must never have had sister ...mine could not keep a secret ten minutes.

I would love to be able to defend Auburn but I can't it is easy to say that one disgruntled player who had been cut had a grudge but then so many others have come forward and then you add that our team Captain leader extraordinaire leaves and goes to another team it smells.  I am afraid we have not heard the last of this and other heads may fall.

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

The fact that a student broadcaster can't have a relationship of any kind with a player but this kind of crap is allowed is sickening

The fact that a coach could do that but a "student broadcaster " couldn't even "talk" to a player without getting banned. It makes it even more ridiculous 

Highly inappropriate for a coach to even think that would be okay . What a fool.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think they were described as inappropriate...not naughty......one of the complaints was that he rated one of the players as 7 in a team picture.   Not naughty IMO but certainly a stupid thing to do.....and I bet Corey was also dumb enough to think that his favorite (s) could or would keep a secret.   If so, he must never have had sister ...mine could not keep a secret ten minutes.

Naughty/Inappropriate....does it really matter in a Title IX case?  If AU pulls his company phone records they may find nothing at all or they may find another meathead coach that doesn't have enough common sense than to use his company issued phone to carry on with females other than their wives.  

I don't know, just a thought after all the Hugh Freeze/Barney Farrar phone useage that got their arses in a sling.  

Surely this crossed the minds of the AU folks that investigated Corey's actions from last Fall.  I mean cells phones are the single most used form of communication these days.

I can't  begin to know all of the specifics and particulars, but I do know there was a noticeable cloud of drama hanging over this team, which always reflects the culture of the program. I stated this in an earlier thread: the reddest flag waving was Carlee Wallace's transfer. A highly respected student athlete and captain of the team decides to transfer prior to her senior season? And the coach doesn't try to block it?  Huge clue that there was a serious issue. JJ should have conducted an internal investigation on that alone. This is a sad mess. I'm eagerly awaiting the response from our University President.  I think we will learn a lot about him and how he's going to run things. 

Reading everything and trying to put together the timeframes in my head:

corey is a pos and should have been dumped 

Clint did multiple things he shouldn't have done and possibly worse due to nepotiam

auburn is probably clean and clear.  Will end up with a black eye for sure because most people outsid of auburn won't look closely at the specific details plus the "bad" stuff will be exaggerated.

JJ will only be hosed if these types of issues were known when the Myers clan was hired.  

Archived