2020 3* PG Mark Sears

cole256

On 2/8/2022 at 8:12 AM, cole256 said:

He's a great defender. I don't know, the guy who mentored him went first round so he may feel like he has everything he needs. 

Maybe to come closer to home? I'd love to see him in this offense, he wouldn't be guardable. But that's just me dreaming. 

Hope he does not end up on the other side of the state.   

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 11:18 AM, casatiger said:

I don't think he'll play for them

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I put money on Ohio and they’re down by 30 at halftime 

Someone apologize to this kid for me, I didn’t mean to do his team like that 

Somebody cursed them, the entire team only hit 12 shots the whole game. Everybody had an off night at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen that before to be honest

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Somebody cursed them, the entire team only hit 12 shots the whole game. Everybody had an off night at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen that before to be honest

Yeah, my homies that put me on to that matchup made it seem to me that Ohio was a pretty safe favorite and that Kent St was a soft matchup defensively. The stats I was seeing on OU's side were some of the ugliest I've seen on any level haha

• 1 month later...

Sears in the portal.  Maybe Bruce will go get him!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

For real??? 

@cole256, would Mark come to Auburn if Bruce went after him?

I don't know if he already has someone in mind or not. I do know it would be easier for everybody to support him if he came closer back to home.

I know if he was on the team this year we would have made a much deeper run in the tournament and he literally upgrades us in all our major area we were weak. He's a great ball handler, he can shoot from 3, he's a facilitator, he's a defender, and he's like a 90% free throw shooter. 

Unfortunately if he does come we won't see him with Smith......that would have been an awesome combo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

For real??? 

@cole256, would Mark come to Auburn if Bruce went after him?

Oh and he's an Auburn legacy and I know his family are Auburn fans! Well at least his dad, his mom is actually from Mississippi. His little sister is very athletic as well and she plays basketball, volleyball, softball, and track. Maybe they can nab her and help nab him as well......who knows. I'm going to hit up his dad and see if I can find out anything

• Like 3

On 2/14/2022 at 11:18 AM, casatiger said:

I hate that this came true.  

• 4 months later...

BUMP

Seeing as @cole256 called this a while ago. Hopefully, this doesn't come back to bite us. Not great to miss out on someone with Auburn roots. Good luck to Mr. Sears.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

BUMP

Seeing as @cole256 called this a while ago. Hopefully, this doesn't come back to bite us. Not great to miss out on someone with Auburn roots. Good luck to Mr. Sears.

Does any team really miss out on a player they never offered a scholarship to?

Cole I hope he plays lights out for bama as he is part of your family.  He can even have good games against us as long as we win the games. I am not saying I want bama to play great just this young man.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Does any team really miss out on a player they never offered a scholarship to?

Lol you know nothing about what was offered to him and what was not. Absolutely nothing at all.

But to answer that question yes schools misses out on players all the time. We did last year. Had we had him on our roster we would have been in much better shape and went further.

All the school's that passed on Dwayne wade, Jimmy Butler, ja morant and I could on and on and on but that's just a silly statement. I'm sure you just said it to take a shot though....

I started to write some stuff about how we are better without Powell or one of the guys you would hype up but I'm not childish enough to have a back and forth with you

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, cole256 said:

All the school's that passed on Dwayne wade, Jimmy Butler, ja morant and I could on and on and on but that's just a silly statement. I'm sure you just said it to take a shot though..

Then according to you, every school in America that didn't land Jabari Smith missed out on him?

I think missing out comes from recruiting a player and offering him a scholarship but he chooses to go elsewhere. If a school isn't interested and doesn't offer that's not missing out. It's making a decision to look in a different direction.

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Then according to you, every school in America that didn't land Jabari Smith missed out on him?

I think missing out comes from recruiting a player and offering him a scholarship but he chooses to go elsewhere. If a school isn't interested and doesn't offer that's not missing out. It's making a decision to look in a different direction.

That's not true. Offering someone a scholarship and going elsewhere to play isnt missing out since you showed interest in them and they chose to go somewhere else. I view missing out on a player as a player that you could've gotten had you offered a scholarship. The only team I would say missed out on Jabari would be Kentucky. This offseason Jabari talked about growing up dreaming of playing for Kentucky, but they never offered.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Yes it's safe to say every school that had a chance missed out. Especially if the player happens to play the position the school is weakest at. But yeah keep talking that we didn't have interest......so you can look extra dumb when the truth comes out

Whatever you say

Edited by cole256

On 9/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, cole256 said:

Lol you know nothing about what was offered to him and what was not. Absolutely nothing at all.

I do know what he was NOT offered and that is a scholarship to play basketball at Auburn University. How do I know this? By simply reading this thread. Below are a few examples of such information:

January 19, 2019 by Cole: And he does have offers, I didn't say tons, schools like north Alabama and I also stated they aren't D1 offers.

June 3, 2019: No answer to the question "Does he have an Auburn offer?

July 11 2019 by ellitor: "Per his 247 page we have not offered. Not sure we will look at other PGs in this class unless we miss on Sharife.

July 18 2019 by Cole256 "They haven't offered Mark but they definitely know who he is and communicate with him."

August 13 2019 by AUGoo: "

Surprised at his offer list. 

Appears we are not the only ones delaying on the offering.

August 21, 2019 by Cole256, in response to the question "What schools are offering him now?" "Small schools, the biggest right now is UAB if I'm not mistaken"

By Cole256, January 6, 2021: "Mark probably would've came and walked on for a year. I'm sure having 2 uncles that played here he could've gotten some scholarship money for one year "

That's just a sample of the posts confirming that Sears, no matter how talented he is, was never offered a basketball scholarship at Auburn.

19 hours ago, Mikey said:

I do know what he was NOT offered and that is a scholarship to play basketball at Auburn University. How do I know this? By simply reading this thread. Below are a few examples of such information:

January 19, 2019 by Cole: And he does have offers, I didn't say tons, schools like north Alabama and I also stated they aren't D1 offers.

June 3, 2019: No answer to the question "Does he have an Auburn offer?

July 11 2019 by ellitor: "Per his 247 page we have not offered. Not sure we will look at other PGs in this class unless we miss on Sharife.

July 18 2019 by Cole256 "They haven't offered Mark but they definitely know who he is and communicate with him."

August 13 2019 by AUGoo: "

Surprised at his offer list. 

Appears we are not the only ones delaying on the offering.

August 21, 2019 by Cole256, in response to the question "What schools are offering him now?" "Small schools, the biggest right now is UAB if I'm not mistaken"

By Cole256, January 6, 2021: "Mark probably would've came and walked on for a year. I'm sure having 2 uncles that played here he could've gotten some scholarship money for one year "

That's just a sample of the posts confirming that Sears, no matter how talented he is, was never offered a basketball scholarship at Auburn.

Yeah Mark recruitment went a little different before he came out of high school as opposed to when he proved to be the best PG in the portal......

So dumb. But it shows how much you really know and how it's not a problem for you to matter of factly speak on something you aren't close on. I know you are getting your butt kicked in that other thread so you had to do something

• Haha 1

I read something to the effect that Bruce didn't go after Sears because of a promise to Green or Zep or possibly  Donaldson.  I have no idea if that's true because like most everything else on here, it was just a rumor.  I saw him play in high school and wondered if he was a tad too short. But he was strong and could penetrate a defense for sure.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1