2020 3* PG Mark Sears

cole256

I don't know what exactly to do, I know he will be a top 3 in state player as he get older and I know he was recently in Auburn visiting with the team and I saw Austin Wiley taking selfies with his parents.....all I'm saying is clearly he's on Coach's radar and that's good....very good

• Like 6

• 1 year later...

Picked up a bunch of offers this past summer. From what I can tell Clemson is really, really after him. We'll see

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Clemson seems a little weird figured bammer would be all over him

They sent him stuff too but his mom occasionally posts all the mail that comes and you see a bunch of Clemson and talking to his dad he says they call often. I want to say they may have been his first division 1 offer as well but I'm not totally sure about that. What I can tell you though is every time I see his dad at church we are talking AUBURN FOOTBALL. His family loves Auburn. And I remember around a year ago his parents and Wiley's parents seemed to hit it off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@augolf1716 I also went to the gym with him and his dad and watched him work out and he's dunking with ease now.

Well hopefully things can work out he ends up at AU. Have no idea how hard they are looking at him.

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well hopefully things can work out he ends up at AU. Have no idea how hard they are looking at him.

Alabama Hoops Report (@BamaHS_HoopNews) Tweeted:
c/o 2020 PG Mark Sears attended the Auburn Elite Basketball camp.  @imcsears https://t.co/u9SmiuDULf https://twitter.com/BamaHS_HoopNews/status/901965832032530438?s=17

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I feel like I follow the AU hoops recruiting about as well as I can, and I've never heard of this young man. I think Bruce and Steven have their hearts set on young Sharife Cooper for that 2020 pg spot

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

We'll see. Won't be the first time we missed out

Is Sears better than Cooper? Haven't seen any of Sears but Cooper's highlights look impressive

18 hours ago, Tiger said:

Is Sears better than Cooper? Haven't seen any of Sears but Cooper's highlights look impressive

The only clip I've watched so far of Cooper there wasn't ANYTHING he was doing that Mark hasn't been doing since he was 12. Mark looks like he's probably stronger and Cooper could be quicker. But Mark's highlights is when he was very young. Mark is doing all kinds of dunks now and maybe Cooper is the same?  They both are being recruited by auburn and clemson. Like I said though we'll see

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The only clip I've watched so far of Cooper there wasn't ANYTHING he was doing that Mark hasn't been doing since he was 12. Mark looks like he's probably stronger and Cooper could be quicker. But Mark's highlights is when he was very young. Mark is doing all kinds of dunks now and maybe Cooper is the same?  They both are being recruited by auburn and clemson. Like I said though we'll see

I imagine the level of competition that Cooper and Mark Sears have played against is different. Not doubting that Sears has tried to play with the best, but Cooper's AAU and HS team both travel all over the country and play the best of the best. And Cooper still shines despite being only a sophomore. Maybe that's the only thing holding Sears back. I don't know. But Cooper has undoubtedly proved that he can ball against elite players. 

8 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I imagine the level of competition that Cooper and Mark Sears have played against is different. Not doubting that Sears has tried to play with the best, but Cooper's AAU and HS team both travel all over the country and play the best of the best. And Cooper still shines despite being only a sophomore. Maybe that's the only thing holding Sears back. I don't know. But Cooper has undoubtedly proved that he can ball against elite players. 

You just don't know and I understand that. Mark plays on AAU teams as well and he plays elite competition. You just haven't heard of him. There isn't anything holding Mark back. He's been winning awards and and State championship since he was in 8 th grade. Its not like Mark is sitting the bench for his high school team. He won't be anything less than a 4 star

Clemson pulled all the stops last week and had him up there. You'd think he was a senior coming out this year the way they are recruiting him. He's an Auburn legacy though....I'm interested to see how our recruiting play out these next few years

I don’t doubt that the young man is a decent player. I do doubt that he’s a priority recruit for AU and even other big programs. From his own twitter account, it sounds like his only concrete offer is from South Alabama 

7 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don’t doubt that the young man is a decent player. I do doubt that he’s a priority recruit for AU and even other big programs. From his own twitter account, it sounds like his only concrete offer is from South Alabama 

Bro I'm not talking to you. You can think whatever you want. You're the new guy not me. I don't have to lie about anything, I'm posting what I know. I'm not posting recruiting stuff to convince. You just go ahead and follow your websites. And he's a different kind of guy, he's been told by many of us not to post your every move, and he listens. But that video I posted.....that's a Nike camp. He plays for the best aau team in the state, just like Devin Booker did. He was second team all state in the largest classification of the state in 10th grade. If I say Clemson really wants him then that's what it is. 

• Like 2

But this isn't a team camp and not everyone is able to attend a practice and guys from a team don't just show anybody love. And if he showed up at Auburn it'd be the same.

FB_IMG_1540164244354.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bro I'm not talking to you. You can think whatever you want. You're the new guy not me. I don't have to lie about anything, I'm posting what I know. I'm not posting recruiting stuff to convince. You just go ahead and follow your websites. And he's a different kind of guy, he's been told by many of us not to post your every move, and he listens. But that video I posted.....that's a Nike camp. He plays for the best aau team in the state, just like Devin Booker did. He was second team all state in the largest classification of the state in 10th grade. If I say Clemson really wants him then that's what it is. 

Not following sites. Literally following the young man on twitter you dummy. He only claims one real offer but you’re claiming otherwise. I’ll believe him himself over you. You weirdo

• Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Not following sites. Literally following the young man on twitter you dummy. He only claims one real offer but you’re claiming otherwise. I’ll believe him himself over you. You weirdo

Maybe you should look at the dates of his Twitter you clown and you'd see he hasn't posted on his Twitter since summer besides retweets. But who even asked your input? Literally your first post in this thread was you boasting how you follow recruiting and if you don't know it can't be true....now you don't follow sites....

You said out of your mouth you haven't watched him or know him yet you run your mouth about his game, competition, and something holding him back. It's ok if you don't know to just shut the hell up. That's your last insult though....just don't say anything to me I'll be fine I don't need your bogus posts about basketball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2018 at 9:30 AM, augolf1716 said:

Clemson seems a little weird figured bammer would be all over him

He is friends with kira who graduated early to play for them. We were recruiting Kira as well

FB_IMG_1540178736473.jpg

• Like 1
  • Angry 1