2020 3* PG Mark Sears

cole256

Cole knows his stuff about the north Alabama kids for sure and is good at seeing quality talent early

12 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don’t doubt that the young man is a decent player. I do doubt that he’s a priority recruit for AU and even other big programs. From his own twitter account, it sounds like his only concrete offer is from South Alabama 

• Like 1

What happened to the days when the policy of no personal insults was respected? I have no idea if this kid is great, good or a JUCO level talent but insulting each other is no way to get your points across.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What happened to the days when the policy of no personal insults was respected? I have no idea if this kid is great, good or a JUCO level talent but insulting each other is no way to get your points across.

When you can't counter the message, go after the messenger.   Mods letting this become the "smack talk" sports forum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

When you can't counter the message, go after the messenger.   Mods letting this become the "smack talk" sports forum. 

Well I didn't insult him after he insulted me so I don't know what more I could've done. And I also wasn't trying to debate how good he is, I know how good he is. I was asked a question about him and I responded I don't know but we'll see. So.....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well I didn't insult him after he insulted me so I don't know what more I could've done. And I also wasn't trying to debate how good he is, I know how good he is. I was asked a question about him and I responded I don't know but we'll see. So.....

You're all good, Cole. 

• Thanks 1

As much as we run and play pressure D we can use both of these guys. Part of the Pearl system is wearing out the other team. As to Cole's ability to scout players from North Alabama there is a very good player on the Tenn. team Cole told us about who has proven Cole knew what he was talking about. I am going blank on his name right now but I am sure Cole will be glad to remind me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

As much as we run and play pressure D we can use both of these guys. Part of the Pearl system is wearing out the other team. As to Cole's ability to scout players from North Alabama there is a very good player on the Tenn. team Cole told us about who has proven Cole knew what he was talking about. I am going blank on his name right now but I am sure Cole will be glad to remind me.

Lamonte Turner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Lamonte Turner

Thank you Cole was on him early and was 100% right about how good he was.  Cole knows both from watching them when they are young and seeing them develop and I believe he has mentioned playing in pickup games with some of these young men so he gets to see them personal and up close. So when Cole says there is a good player from North Alabama you should listen to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thank you Cole was on him early and was 100% right about how good he was.  Cole knows both from watching them when they are young and seeing them develop and I believe he has mentioned playing in pickup games with some of these young men so he gets to see them personal and up close. So when Cole says there is a good player from North Alabama you should listen to him.

Ha, yeah he should know about him, Lamonte is his cousin. :) But yes, Cole knows about the NoAla b-ball scene for sure. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So not only can this kid dribble and pass like a whiz, but I just saw him throw down a monster two handed jam off a miss here at Athens. He might be 5’10” maybe. Talk about a beast athlete. Yes please.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

So not only can this kid dribble and pass like a whiz, but I just saw him throw down a monster two handed jam off a miss here at Athens. He might be 5’10” maybe. Talk about a beast athlete. Yes please.  

You were there! He had 24pts, 13 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks.

The game before against Colombia he had 26/9 boards/9 assists/8 steals. 

Against deshler he had a triple double 29/11/10. I haven't been posting because I don't want to argue with an 🐎 but he's no joke. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

sounds the young man is having a nice season. Maybe he’ll pick up some more offers besides South Alabama 

Nah you're not welcome here lol

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

What’s the hold up on offers?

Grades? Picture with Avery- is he short?

What?

My cousin that plays for Tennessee didn't get all his offers until he went to prep school in Florida either. They sleep on the area, but they're coming. He's just a junior

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Earlier in this thread, Cole claimed he had tons of offers and called me an idiot for suggesting otherwise. I guess the kid’s AAU coach doesn’t know as much about as Cole either

Could you quote where I called you an idiot for suggesting otherwise? What you did do is start being negative towards a kid that you yourself said haven't ever watched him play. If I had called you an idiot it would be for thatand being so sensitive that you would down a kid because I said he was good.

And he does have offers, I didn't say tons, schools like north Alabama and I also stated they aren't D1 offers. And yes I ABSOLUTELY guarantee I know more about him and his life than his aau coach you twit. But thanks for this post for showing that you are a liar. Preciate it

You're literally a clown, NOBODY takes you serious

Edited by cole256

And look at when I created this post....I made this while he was 5'5" in the 8th grade. Clearly I know what I'm talking about and I can evaluate talent. If you read them I even state when he starts dunking and there are no video of him being able to do so and then you see a poster @NoALtiger post he watched him dunk a missed shot......😂 clearly I'm not making stuff up. And I don't have to stalk his social media and make comments about him being attractive like you do 😐

You don’t seem to understand that you can be both wrong and right at the same. Could you be right that he’ll turn into a great player? Absolutely. Were you wrong though in the evidence that presented to help your case? Absolutely yes to that too. You sensationalized a bunch of stuff to help make a point. Sorry for questioning it and presenting the actual facts

6 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

You don’t seem to understand that you can be both wrong and right at the same. Could you be right that he’ll turn into a great player? Absolutely. Were you wrong though in the evidence that presented to help your case? Absolutely yes to that too. You sensationalized a bunch of stuff to help make a point. Sorry for questioning it and presenting the actual facts

Wrong in what? And what evidence? What did I sensationalize? What facts have you presented? Lol. And you can be wrong and right at the same....🤔 bro go clown and troll somewhere else

But let's not get away from it....could you quote me and show where I called you an idiot for suggesting anything please?

Edited by cole256

And just for good measure to prove the point I just made. Mark Sears is currently a junior. This thread was started in August of 2017. That’d mean you started it when he was entering his sophomore year of HS. Not when he was in 8th grade like you just claimed. Again, you exaggerate and embellish truths to try to pat yourself on the back but you just come across as silly

17 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

And just for good measure to prove the point I just made. Mark Sears is currently a junior. This thread was started in August of 2017. That’d mean you started it when he was entering his sophomore year of HS. Not when he was in 8th grade like you just claimed. Again, you exaggerate and embellish truths to try to pat yourself on the back but you just come across as silly

Oh you are being very literal ok. And I'm pretty sure he skipped a grade and started playing varsity early. It's things like that you can really know just from looking at a Twitter and probably not paid sites either

On 3/4/2016 at 5:32 PM, cole256 said:

Mark Sears. Young man plays for muscle shoals only a freshman but I really thought he was in 8th grade, next big national prospect, guarantee it. Also two Thompson boys from Florence. And the Sears kid is from the same Sears family Kevin played for us Aaron played for Tennessee and in the NFL

And look here we are now Florence is top 5 team in state right now with the Thompson boys leading as well

But while you are trying to be detailed could you quote and show where I called you an idiot just for "showing facts" you said it was in this thread and it's just 2 pages so it shouldn't be difficult right?

Who really looks silly? Me or you?

Edited by cole256