Alabama DL Raekwon Davis Suffers Gunshot Wound

djg0017

Reported as "uncooperative."...probably the safest course of action.

There was no description of the extend of his wound.   Grazed by a bullet vs hit in a major muscle makes a big difference on recovery.       

Not that it means much but he's 20 years old.   Is Bar17 a rough place?   

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Reported as "uncooperative."...probably the safest course of action.

Makes you wonder though

48 minutes ago, cptau said:

There was no description of the extend of his wound.   Grazed by a bullet vs hit in a major muscle makes a big difference on recovery.       

I saw people teeeting "well what was he doing at Bar17 in the first place?" which made me think it might've been sketchy. They were playing the boxing match last night there so maybe not a normal night there. I called a friend who goes to UofA and she had never heard of the bar though.

2 hours ago, cptau said:

He was hospitalized. That's usually something a little more serious than being grazed by a bullet.  I wonder what was up with him being uncooperative.....

13 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

He was hospitalized. That's usually something a little more serious than being grazed by a bullet.  I wonder what was up with him being uncooperative.....

He was uncooperative after pissing someone off who purposely shot him in the leg, fearing the next shot would be somewhere more important.

Just my speculation of course.....

I'm thinking he's out for the first 4 games. Just a completely uneducated guess. Might make that FSU-Bama game a hair more high scoring.

So he wasn't the intended target but was uncooperative with investigators.

Yeah, that doesn't sound at all fishy.

I'm not sure there's anything all that fishy about a black adolescent being uncooperative or lacking trust in the police. On some level, given headlines over the last two years and general disposition for late-teen/early-20s dudes, that seems almost expected.

Also, maybe he does know who did it and doesn't want said individual to know he was talking to the cops. That could be a quick path to catching another bullet, but this time the bullet might be intended for him.

Hope the kid is okay and makes a quick recovery. However, if he's really good, I will also hope the injury is re-aggravated just before the Iron Bowl, forcing him to miss that game.

Bar 17, at 3217 10th St., is just off Stillman Boulevard and has been the site of shootings and a homicide over the last few years. It was most recently called The Playhouse.

Source: http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/20170827/ua-player-suffers-minor-gunshot-wound-at-tuscaloosa-bar

Guns and gunshot wounds are becoming commonplace for the football program in west Vance.  Nothing to see here, no investigation needed for an uncooperative, underage student-athlete that just happened to get randomly shot.  They must be using the same attorney that represented Cam Robinson and Laurence Jones, and got them off with stolen gun charges.  After all, we wouldn't want their football careers to be ruined.

11 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Guns and gunshot wounds are becoming commonplace for the football program in west Vance.  Nothing to see here, no investigation needed for an uncooperative, underage student-athlete that just happened to get randomly shot.  They must be using the same attorney that represented Cam Robinson and Laurence Jones, and got them off with stolen gun charges.  After all, we wouldn't want their football careers to be ruined.

This guy?

Image result for baghdad bob

6 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm not sure there's anything all that fishy about a black adolescent being uncooperative or lacking trust in the police. On some level, given headlines over the last two years and general disposition for late-teen/early-20s dudes, that seems almost expected.

Also, maybe he does know who did it and doesn't want said individual to know he was talking to the cops. That could be a quick path to catching another bullet, but this time the bullet might be intended for him.

Hope the kid is okay and makes a quick recovery. However, if he's really good, I will also hope the injury is re-aggravated just before the Iron Bowl, forcing him to miss that game.

“The victim told investigators he was standing outside of Bar 17 when he heard several gunshots and realized he had been shot in the right leg,” Homicide Unit commander Capt. Gary Hood said. “The victim was uncooperative with investigators.”

He told investigators where he was when he heard gunshots and was hit by a stray bullet.........How is that uncooperative?

Davis was taken to DCH Regional Medical Center. The News said he was not receptive to questioning by authorities.

The incident occurred at Bar 17, where several shooting have occurred during the past few years, according to the newspaper. Police found shell casings in the parking lot.

So out at a place he shouldn't be, not cooperating with the police after he was shot in the leg?  Perfectly legitimate, happens to most of us every day...

I'm sure the police they were responding and applying first aid to the wound were really bad guys, because you know, that's the way the police are; so why should he cooperate?

Lil Nickie has his back!

1 hour ago, keesler said:

“The victim told investigators he was standing outside of Bar 17 when he heard several gunshots and realized he had been shot in the right leg,” Homicide Unit commander Capt. Gary Hood said. “The victim was uncooperative with investigators.”

He told investigators where he was when he heard gunshots and was hit by a stray bullet.........How is that uncooperative?

Seems like a reasonable amount of cooperation to me.

4 hours ago, keesler said:

Well if after interviewing other witnesses the police may have had reason he knew more of what happened  than I was hanging around outside bar17 and was shot.

Did you happen to see who fired the shots? no comment

Do you know the others around you who were shot? no comment or being shot at? no comment

Do you know if the shooter was on foot? no comment. on in a car? No comment Make and model of car? no comment

5 hours ago, selias said:

Seems like a reasonable amount of cooperation to me.

Seems like you don't know near enough about the situation to have any basis for an opinion like that to me.

3 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Seems like you don't know near enough about the situation to have any basis for an opinion like that to me.

I'm bowing out of this topic before I get political and my opinion of armed agents of the state.

1 hour ago, selias said:

I'm bowing out of this topic before I get political and my opinion of armed agents of the state.

I have opinions on armed agents of the state myself.  I do not trust the police blindly.  But this is Tuscaloosa where the police cover for football players, not some other town where athletes are targets.

In this instance, I see no allegations of a crime by Davis, just that he was not fully cooperative. And for some odd reason, based on the scant info presented, some people seem to want to say that he "seemed cooperative."  I don't see a basis to form a strong opinion either way save to say that since Davis is not apparently a suspect or otherwise under arrest, I'm flummoxed as to what the motive of the police to say he was uncooperative might be.  Isn't like they are trying to influence the DA, cover up alleged police wrongdoing or affect a jury.

Well, based on general information that he wasn't cooperative, others on this thread resolved that he knew more than he told the police and was even possibly at fault (or at least not innocent) for being shot. I'm flummoxed as to how people could reeeeeeeeach for that possibility. So it's just a thread of flummoxed people.

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Well, based on general information that he wasn't cooperative, others on this thread resolved that he knew more than he told the police and was even possibly at fault (or at least not innocent) for being shot. I'm flummoxed as to how people could reeeeeeeeach for that possibility. So it's just a thread of flummoxed people.

I believe the issue is that when people are uncooperative it is for a reason. That reason could be many things. Fear. Not wanting to rat. Some misplaced sense of "street honor." General distrust of the police. Etc, etc.  But yeah, it's a story where people are taking scant material and trying to turn it into a tapestry.

16 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

He accidentally shot himself. It's possible.

Archived