Katie in Mardi Gras costume.

DKW 86

Thanks, David, for posting those!

And thanks, Tiger, for the happy thoughts. We think she is pretty cute too, if she just wasn't so dang malnourished!! :big: Hey, I devoted countless hours over the past eleven months to making sure she looks like that - I will take it as a compliment!!! She didn't have to have any formula until 9 months, and she went to formula only (as opposed to supplemental) last month. It was a royal pain for me, but well worth it - she has had one ear infection and one bout of the stomach flu, and that has been it for being sick, even tho she stays with a baby sitter every day.

Um... sorry if that was too much info for anyone... ;)

And just to head off any questions - we did NOT actually take Katie to Mardi Gras, altho we probably will next year. This was a studio picture made safely here in Houston. :lol:

I hope you don't take offense, but I think babies are supposed to be fat.

148018[/snapback]

It's a darn good thing!!!!!!!!!!!! :big: She is starting to grow into those fat rolls now - ever since she started walking and running, she has evened out somewhat.

It is pretty funny how little old ladies, especially Asian and Hispanic ladies, like to come up and pinch her cheeks. Must be a cultural thing - they almost always ask before they do it, thankfully, and so far she has been pretty tolerant. :)

She's such a cutie!

:)

It's funny. We always got the same reaction from the Hispanics when we would go out with Ethan. Even got on "Muy Gordo" comment in a restuarant one night. After the waiter walked off, DKW asked me "did he just call our son fat?" I actually remembered enuff from my 4 years of Spanish in high school to know that was exactly what he had said. I took it as a compliment. I like to see healthy children!

She's such a cutie! 

It's funny. We always got the same reaction from the Hispanics when we would go out with Ethan. Even got on "Muy Gordo" comment in a restuarant one night. After the waiter walked off, DKW asked me "did he just call our son fat?" I actually remembered enuff from my 4 years of Spanish in high school to know that was exactly what he had said. I took it as a compliment. I like to see healthy children!

148037[/snapback]

I actually had a lady last week stop and do a double take, then say "Dang! She is a big girl! She'd fit on my BBQ grill!!"

:o:o:o:o WTF??????????? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

She's such a cutie! 

148037[/snapback]

I actually had a lady last week stop and do a double take, then say "Dang! She is a big girl! She'd fit on my BBQ grill!!"

:o:o:o:o WTF??????????? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

148043[/snapback]

You should have asked that lady if she had seen Hansel & Grettle lately? :big::big:

Katie is not even going to know who Brittney and Jessica are, much less even know that MTV is a channel on cable. (YAY! Parental controls!) She will grow up thinking that Van Morrison and Fleetwood Mac and The Band are current artists and that is all there is to music. I know that no current crap plays on the radio in MY car! :big:

Ethan listens to a Christian station in my car. He has been "singing" along with Casting Crowns and Mercy Me for about a year now. Lately He's been singing Barlow Girl, now that's pretty funny. He also sings the jingle for the radio station call letters! But, the first time he sang along really caught my attention and made me realize he was definitely listening. It also proved my point to Emilee as to why we couldn't have "Redneck Woman" playing around him.

Cute pics, Jenny. And you're 100% right about MTV.

We'll be taking Sophia to Mardi Gras next year, since my dad and I ride in a parade every year.

And I can't wait for football season, just so we can dress her in Auburn stuff!!!

Archived