If Michigan can do it

fredst

C'mon, Michigan has as much tradition as any program in the country. If they can break from the standard uni why can't we? I think all blue would look awesome and I'm as tied to tradition as anybody out there. This is what UM is wearing against UF:

IMG_0029.JPG

Plus, we needed one last alternate uniform debate before the season starts?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love our all white road Stormtrooper uniforms and while I would kinda like to see an all blue uniform, I wonder what kind of contrast that would offer against the green of grass under lights. I can't help but wonder if it would mess with the QB's eyes..

2 hours ago, marine4au said:

I agree.  I think that we should try an all blue or even an orange jersey and blue bottoms at least once in my lifetime. 

You shut your dirty mouf! ;)

At this point I think it's just stubbornness for some people. We've changed the unis several times through the years. Most of the changes have been subtle. Note the shaded numbers from the mid 90s or the changes in the size of the stripes at various times. Why is it so hard to wear orange jerseys or blue pants once a year?

I say we do it for the Georgia game. If we win we keep them but if we lose we trash them and never talk about this again. I just feel like we have bad mojo with them. Wouldnt hurt to change it up a little.

I've never been a fan of the once a year alternate uniforms that schools tend to do. If you want change then change, otherwise I think it should be left alone (which is what I personally prefer). I like our road whites better so I'd be fine with wearing those at home sometime. I understand why some think the players would like it. You can't get more boring than Bama's uniforms but kids obviously want to play there so I don't think there's a valid argument for that. 

8 hours ago, fredst said:

C'mon, Michigan has as much tradition as any program in the country. If they can break from the standard uni why can't we? I think all blue would look awesome and I'm as tied to tradition as anybody out there. This is what UM is wearing against UF:

IMG_0029.JPG

Plus, we needed one last alternate uniform debate before the season starts?

Not being a wiseguy but what is so new about that uniform? The all "maize"? Except the gloves, that actually looks like unis Michigan has worn many times before - specifically during the 1950s and at the turn of the last century.

8 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Answer: Harbaugh.  Jackass and no surprise he'd move away from tradition.

He's been wearing khakis and the same hat since he's been there. What makes you think he's not "traditional"?

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

At this point I think it's just stubbornness for some people. We've changed the unis several times through the years. Most of the changes have been subtle. Note the shaded numbers from the mid 90s or the changes in the size of the stripes at various times. Why is it so hard to wear orange jerseys or blue pants once a year?

It's absolutely stubbornness at this point imo. The bigger the push for change, the bigger the pushback from a certain element of the fanbase and ptb. 

7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It's absolutely stubbornness at this point imo. The bigger the push for change, the bigger the pushback from a certain element of the fanbase and ptb. 

And stay off my lawn!

1 hour ago, amsterjam said:

Yet you took the time to open the thread and post in it. smh

Just expressing my disdain for the idea.  Same tired old arguments.  Same 'me too'-ism.

1 hour ago, amsterjam said:

I say we do it for the Georgia game. If we win we keep them but if we lose we trash them and never talk about this again. I just feel like we have bad mojo with them. Wouldnt hurt to change it up a little.

1980 says hi.

It's like making love with your spouse. Need to do something different once in a while to spice things up.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

It's like making love with your spouse. Need to do something different once in a while to spice things up.

If we're now putting uniforms in the same category as sex with our wives, we have definitively jumped the shark on the importance of football to our lives.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If we're now putting uniforms in the same category as sex with our wives, we have definitively jumped the shark on the importance of football to our lives.

Congrats, you have now referenced beastiality into this thread. Just don't see the big whoop about wearing a different uni a couple of times a year.

22 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Congrats, you have now referenced beastiality into this thread. Just don't see the big whoop about wearing a different uni a couple of times a year.

Mcelwain said the shark wanted it. FWIW. 

Archived