Null



Sign in to follow this  
aubiefifty

Jacobs' comments about investigation

Recommended Posts

WarEagle10    49

I have seen how good our Compliance Dept. is. I feel very confident in knowing that things were handled correctly on that end. JJ, on the other hand..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




oracle79    816
1 hour ago, keesler said:

I take no pleasure in the possibility of watching Auburn search for a new AD with a brand new President that's been here only 2 months.  

I get your point, but this might be the best possible circumstances under which to find a new AD.  New president that hasn't been infected with the PTB yet.  Sign me up.  Conduct a national search with a QUALIFIED search firm and select the best candidates after composing an interview committee free from the taint of the POTB.  Could be a new day for Auburn athletics.

Edited by oracle79
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocker. All the JJ haters fill the thread. How ridiculous. 

Question:  what else could JJ do here? 

A prelimenary investigation was done, came back empty

when more info came out, Corey was fired immediately. 

The extent of "harassment" I've seen mentioned is one time he smacked a girl on the butt and sent 1 inappropriate text (not even a vulgar or harrassing one at that). 

When JJ "lied" as you guys put it, he was protecting the PLAYER INVOLVED. HOW DARE HE!  This was handled EXACTLY how it should have been according to the info we have. There was no need to make a story out of this as no laws were broken, no NCAA rules were broken and there were families involved who did not need or want this to go public (not that any of you actually care).  Protecting them is a million times more important than making the media happy.

I find it quite disturbing that so called "fans" are trying everything they can to make this into something it wasn't (according the info we have) just so they can get rid of a guy they don't like.  I pray no one ever treats you the way you treat others.   Try some humility and look in the mirror once in a while. You might see your horns are showing. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auburnfan91    137
2 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Shocker. All the JJ haters fill the thread. How ridiculous. 

Question:  what else could JJ do here? 

A prelimenary investigation was done, came back empty

when more info came out, Corey was fired immediately. 

The extent of "harassment" I've seen mentioned is one time he smacked a girl on the butt and sent 1 inappropriate text (not even a vulgar or harrassing one at that). 

When JJ "lied" as you guys put it, he was protecting the PLAYER INVOLVED. HOW DARE HE!  This was handled EXACTLY how it should have been according to the info we have. There was no need to make a story out of this as no laws were broken, no NCAA rules were broken and there were families involved who did not need or want this to go public (not that any of you actually care).  Protecting them is a million times more important than making the media happy.

I find it quite disturbing that so called "fans" are trying everything they can to make this into something it wasn't (according the info we have) just so they can get rid of a guy they don't like.  I pray no one ever treats you the way you treat others.   Try some humility and look in the mirror once in a while. You might see your horns are showing. 

It goes further than what you're trying to sugarcoat. Corey Meyers allegedly gave special treatment to the player he was in a relationship with, alienating the rest of the team.  Clint Meyers knew what his son was doing but not only turned a blind eye to it, but he told members of the team "to fight for Corey" which led to Corey Meyers returning to the team in September 2016.

If you have bothered to read carefully about the situation, there are 2 complaint(s) by Alexa Nemeth. The one that ESPN lead their article with is the 14 page sexual harassment  letter that was sent to school officials and Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey , but the 1st complaint that was filed weeks earlier was a sexual discrimination complaint. 

There's more to it than Jay Jacobs lying to the media in April. It's that he knew all along about what has been going on and the investigation dating back to September 2016. The fact that all this stuff happened on Clint Meyers watch didn't somehow cause Jay Jacobs to immediately let Clint Meyers go at the end of the season or on March 30 with his son raises some serious red flags.

The players took text messages from their teammate's phone who Corey Meyers was involved with and were told by Meredith Jenkins they could be arrested for it if they didn't delete the text messages.  The fact that there was proof produced to school officials about Corey Meyer's conduct, albeit illegally, should have caused Auburn officials to question Clint Meyers role in his son's relationship with a player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarTim    472

Come on Home Scott Ethridge. AU needs you. 😎

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,917
7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It goes further than what you're trying to sugarcoat. Corey Meyers allegedly gave special treatment to the player he was in a relationship with, alienating the rest of the team.  Clint Meyers knew what his son was doing but not only turned a blind eye to it, but he told members of the team "to fight for Corey" which led to Corey Meyers returning to the team in September 2016.

If you have bothered to read carefully about the situation, there are 2 complaint(s) by Alexa Nemeth. The one that ESPN lead their article with is the 14 page sexual harassment  letter that was sent to school officials and Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey , but the 1st complaint that was filed weeks earlier was a sexual discrimination complaint. 

There's more to it than Jay Jacobs lying to the media in April. It's that he knew all along about what has been going on and the investigation dating back to September 2016. The fact that all this stuff happened on Clint Meyers watch didn't somehow cause Jay Jacobs to immediately let Clint Meyers go at the end of the season or on March 30 with his son raises some serious red flags.

The players took text messages from their teammate's phone who Corey Meyers was involved with and were told by Meredith Jenkins they could be arrested for it if they didn't delete the text messages.  The fact that there was proof produced to school officials about Corey Meyer's conduct, albeit illegally, should have caused Auburn officials to question Clint Meyers role in his son's relationship with a player. 

Just a reminder that this was portrayed in the Title ix allegations as involving sexual relations with "numerous" players...which apparently was a big lie.

Appears to actually to have involved inappropriate relations between  one player and one coach... and the more I read and the fewer specifics that have evolved.....makes it sound to me like it was a personal issue and a handful of players took it on themselves to play detective and bring down Corey or the unnamed player.  

Someone described them at "whistleblowers".......boy, in my view that was a real stretch.   Sorry folks, but it sounds to me more like a small group of tattletales settling a personal issue which involved getting rid of Corey and the their team mate since that was the only possible outcome of their actions.   They got that done when Corey was cut loose in March or whenever it was. 

Unfortunately getting rid of Corey was not the end of it however,  as there appears to have been some retaliation which caused further problems for team members....as if something that divisive could end once Corey was gone. Did they really think they would then rally around each other?     

The Athletic Department mishandled things but I'm wondering who the victim(s) were in this soap opera .   It does seem to me that the allegations were greatly over-stated in the Title IX story that broke in ESPN and the follow-up comments from a few players......"pretty girls got to play" or something to that effect?  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steeleagle    184
2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Just a reminder that this was portrayed in the Title ix allegations as involving sexual relations with "numerous" players...which apparently was a big lie.

Appears to actually to have involved inappropriate relations between  one player and one coach... and the more I read and the fewer specifics that have evolved.....makes it sound to me like it was a personal issue and a handful of players took it on themselves to play detective and bring down Corey or the unnamed player.  

Someone described them at "whistleblowers".......boy, in my view that was a real stretch.   Sorry folks, but it sounds to me more like a small group of tattletales settling a personal issue which involved getting rid of Corey and the their team mate since that was the only possible outcome of their actions.   They got that done when Corey was cut loose in March or whenever it was. 

Unfortunately getting rid of Corey was not the end of it however,  as there appears to have been some retaliation which caused further problems for team members....as if something that divisive could end once Corey was gone. Did they really think they would then rally around each other?     

The Athletic Department mishandled things but I'm wondering who the victim(s) were in this soap opera .   It does seem to me that the allegations were greatly over-stated in the Title IX story that broke in ESPN and the follow-up comments from a few players......"pretty girls got to play" or something to that effect?  

 

I agree on most of your points but regarding the players taking down Corey and the player he was involved with, I totally understand the other girls trying anyway possible to get this to stop. What the two did was wrong and unethical, period.

If the players tried more than one way to get it to stop...then I am not going to call them "tattletalers".  These are college girls who are inside the circle of a head coach who is highly successful and evidently somehow protected. I am sure it was not easy for them to deal with this and find a best way to handle this.

I also understand there is going to be some emotional comments made like "pretty girls got to play" that may seem not to be the case, but their base problem of a paid married coach having an affair with a player NEEDED to be corrected no matter how they could get it out there. I give these girls a thumbs up for doing this. 

I am just a little mad that my university athletic dept may have handled it poorly and allowed it to become a media fire storm first...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike4AU    157

What I expect from AU's PTB is to take control of the situation and take corrective action, at the outset!  What cannot be tolerated is action by PTB that contributes negativity to the situation. For me, that is the final straw.  Folks need to go, regardless of who they are and how long they have been at AU.  Title IX complaints are serious and not to be glossed over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OlderWhiskey    109

Today's Auburn Undercover mailing states that the investigation is almost finished.  They (the law firm from Birmingham) are now looking for any unresolved issues.  I take this to be separate from Auburn's "comprehensive review of the softball program" as announced by President Leath.

I think the complaint used the phrase "multiple" players instead of "numerous" players.  I may be hairsplitting, but there is a different connotation.  Multiple is more than one; I would take "numerous" to mean at least five.

I second Steeleagle's commendation of the players for getting the behavior stopped.  At the same time, I generally agree with the gist of AU64's comments..  Seems like way more smoke than fire here.  Absent Clint's almost desperate need to have his son coach with him, this would have been a straightforward case.  Now karmic justice has been served, in that Clint's son has cost him his career.  Nobody wins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
steeleagle    184

Agree OW. A son's indiscretions has cost a bad ending to a wonderful career for Clint Meyers. He had to get out before he was ready.

In a little way I understand a father trying to help a son, who has made mistake(s), but when wrong is wrong...it has to be corrected the right way.

No one wins in this scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlaskanFAN    369

In light of Penn State, Baylor, Michigan State and the multiple other Title IX cases the media has shown, it would be in Auburn's best interest to complete this case as transparent as possible, investigated as professionally and exstensively as possible and swiftly as possible, while publicly taking out the trash.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It goes further than what you're trying to sugarcoat. Corey Meyers allegedly gave special treatment to the player he was in a relationship with, alienating the rest of the team.  Clint Meyers knew what his son was doing but not only turned a blind eye to it, but he told members of the team "to fight for Corey" which led to Corey Meyers returning to the team in September 2016.

If you have bothered to read carefully about the situation, there are 2 complaint(s) by Alexa Nemeth. The one that ESPN lead their article with is the 14 page sexual harassment  letter that was sent to school officials and Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey , but the 1st complaint that was filed weeks earlier was a sexual discrimination complaint. 

There's more to it than Jay Jacobs lying to the media in April. It's that he knew all along about what has been going on and the investigation dating back to September 2016. The fact that all this stuff happened on Clint Meyers watch didn't somehow cause Jay Jacobs to immediately let Clint Meyers go at the end of the season or on March 30 with his son raises some serious red flags.

The players took text messages from their teammate's phone who Corey Meyers was involved with and were told by Meredith Jenkins they could be arrested for it if they didn't delete the text messages.  The fact that there was proof produced to school officials about Corey Meyer's conduct, albeit illegally, should have caused Auburn officials to question Clint Meyers role in his son's relationship with a player. 

The 1st complaint by Alexa was mere weeks before Corey was let go. What more needed to happen?  The complaint was made, investigation found to be true, Corey was gone.  Should they have paid the girls or something?  

And claiming JJ knew back to September is a falsehood based in no facts. There was an ANONYMOUS complaint back then that was investigated and turned up nothing.  If it was such a big deal, why did most of the girls on the team then not know?

And the "pretty girls play" junk... you don't get to the Ncaa finals by playing the pretty girls.  That's just a flat out lie.  

I just watched the video of Alexa's "account" of the story.  In a total of 8 minutes of video, a total of 2 facts were mentioned.  There was an inappropriate relationship and the girls who stole messages from the phone were told that was illegal.  Heck, she showed her true heart in the interview when she claimed she could "picture" some time in the future Corey telling her she could play if she slept with him.  THAT NEVER HAPPENED!  WHY EVEN SAY THAT IF YOURE NOT INTENTIONALLY SMEARING?

Even according to her own account it was only a few weeks before Corey was let go that she made her first complaint.  The dang investigation to FIRE a coach (he was let resign but we all know what really happened there) took only a few weeks!  Even after the fact they fired the head coach who has not actually been proven as involved in any way other than asking girls to fight for Corey before any details were actually known.  What a coverup!  

People need to stop claiming this is some long term coverup story. Once facts came to light the first time, he was let go immediately. Period.  The head coach was even fired for something the assistant coach did. This is a case of a young assistant and a player making a bad relationship decision and a girl with an axe to grind.  This axe cost Clint his job.  If you have any facts to dispute that, I'd love to hear them.  Otherwise, as usual, this is completely blown out of proportion and in typical fashion AU "fans" are the first to jump on the attack JJ bandwagon.  When will people ever learn?  

You guys so want a new AD?  Be careful what you wish for.  2 NC game appearances in football in the last 6 years (best run EVER), best BBall coach we've ever had (go check out how many 5 stars Bruce has signed and how many we've had in our entire history) best softball coach we've ever had (until his son screwed him over), best golf team we've ever had and one of the most charitable athletic departments I've ever seen when it comes to helping those in need.  The list goes on.  What more would you prefer? 

And let's get real, 90 percent of the JJ bashers in here could care less about the actual facts of this case.  They'd just assume drag AU through the mud so they can say "I told you JJ was no good".  It's really sad.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ is no good.

 

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

JJ is no good.

 

We already knew you didn't have an objective bone in your body regarding this situation. Thanks for clarifying anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
auburn4ever    313

From what Alexa Nemeth said in that interview, Jay Jacobs and others in the AD knew what was going on and they did nothing. Jay is gonna find it really hard to get through this. IMO, JJ is in HOT WATER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

From what Alexa Nemeth said in that interview, Jay Jacobs and others in the AD knew what was going on and they did nothing. Jay is gonna find it really hard to get through this. IMO, JJ is in HOT WATER.

If you'd actually watch the interview without your JJ hater glasses, you'd realize that she listed barely any facts, showed a lot of butt hurt, claimed things that she thought might happen in the future as relevant info to the case, has received zero support from the rest of her teammates who no longer even associate with her and is basically trying to sue her way back on to the team (which this interview has all but ruined those chances).  If you ask me, the nature of this interview makes so clear the psyche of this girl that it brings the rest of the info into serious question.  Outside of the info that has been proven, everything else this girl has said appears to be bordering on flat out lies. 

 

Not it to mention, you claim "JJ and others in the AD knew what was going on and did nothing". Her claim to this is that she reported it a mere FEW WEEKS before Corey was fired. How does that classify as doing nothing?  Please explain

Edited by FoundationEagle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auburnfan91    137
24 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

If you'd actually watch the interview without your JJ hater glasses, you'd realize that she listed barely any facts, showed a lot of butt hurt, claimed things that she thought might happen in the future as relevant info to the case, has received zero support from the rest of her teammates who no longer even associate with her and is basically trying to sue her way back on to the team (which this interview has all but ruined those chances).  If you ask me, the nature of this interview makes so clear the psyche of this girl that it brings the rest of the info into serious question.  Outside of the info that has been proven, everything else this girl has said appears to be bordering on flat out lies. 

 

Not it to mention, you claim "JJ and others in the AD knew what was going on and did nothing". Her claim to this is that she reported it a mere FEW WEEKS before Corey was fired. How does that classify as doing nothing?  Please explain

Corey Meyers didn't resign until after a player had taken a photo of the texts that were exchanged between Corey Meyers and a teammate. Until "proof" had been presented of an inappropriate relationship, Corey Meyers was able to remain on staff. It was the proof that the players had that led to Corey Meyers resigning. 

And then after Corey Meyers resigns, the players are "quarantined" and lectured by Meredith Jenkins and she told the 5 players that had the pictures of the texts if they don't delete the picture of the texts that they could face criminal charges. Then after the Georgia series, allegedly, Clint Meyers told the players that they "betrayed the family".  

Alexa Nameth complaint to the school was centered around Clint Meyers:

Quote

The letter, sent by Milwaukee attorney Martin Greenberg on behalf of former player Alexa Nemeth, came weeks after Nemeth filed a Title IX sexual discrimination complaint with the school claiming "Coach Clint Myers knowingly let his son Corey Myers have relations and pursue relations with multiple members of the team."

 

And on top of all this there was the report of a contract extension that was never corrected or explained until after Clint Meyers "retires". Jay G Tate is one of the most reputable Auburn beat writers that covers Auburn and he was the one that reported on the contract extension. It wasn't like Jay Jacobs didn't have to the opportunity to comment on the report. Jay G Tate and AL.com both texted Jacobs for comment on the contract extension but he never responded.

Let's be honest, the only reason Jay Jacobs is still AD is because he's an "Auburn man". That Auburn man label is like sprinkling fairy dust on someone and giving them special clout with the fan base and in the Administration. If Jay Jacobs were an Iowa State graduate, he would have likely been let go in 2012 when all the major men's sports were at the bottom of the SEC standings. But since he's an Auburn man, he's gotten more backing than he would have if he were a graduate of another school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Corey Meyers didn't resign until after a player had taken a photo of the texts that were exchanged between Corey Meyers and a teammate. Until "proof" had been presented of an inappropriate relationship, Corey Meyers was able to remain on staff. It was the proof that the players had that led to Corey Meyers resigning. 

And then after Corey Meyers resigns, the players are "quarantined" and lectured by Meredith Jenkins and she told the 5 players that had the pictures of the texts if they don't delete the picture of the texts that they could face criminal charges. Then after the Georgia series, allegedly, Clint Meyers told the players that they "betrayed the family".  

Alexa Nameth complaint to the school was centered around Clint Meyers:

 

And on top of all this there was the report of a contract extension that was never corrected or explained until after Clint Meyers "retires". Jay G Tate is one of the most reputable Auburn beat writers that covers Auburn and he was the one that reported on the contract extension. It wasn't like Jay Jacobs didn't have to the opportunity to comment on the report. Jay G Tate and AL.com both texted Jacobs for comment on the contract extension but he never responded.

Let's be honest, the only reason Jay Jacobs is still AD is because he's an "Auburn man". That Auburn man label is like sprinkling fairy dust on someone and giving them special clout with the fan base and in the Administration. If Jay Jacobs were an Iowa State graduate, he would have likely been let go in 2012 when all the major men's sports were at the bottom of the SEC standings. But since he's an Auburn man, he's gotten more backing than he would have if he were a graduate of another school.

So by this post, you expect

(1)Corey should have been fired based off of an anonymous complaint that when investigated came up empty with the backing of most of the team?

---that's not how any department in any business anywhere works

(2) JJ is now required to respond to every rumor Jay G Tate texts him about, especially in the middle of this mess?

---no way JJ shares any info he doesn't have to while this mess is being straightened out.  That's the same with any business any time any where

(3) When a player has property stolen and is threatening to press charges no one should say anything to them about the possible impending criminal charges?

---these girls could have literally been arrested and charged with theft of property, theft of intellectual property and possession of stolen property should the girl they stole them from have decided to officially press charges (which she was very likely threatening to do in an effort to get revenge)

(4) When there is severe evidence of collusion happening along with theft of property, it's not ok to gather the girls in a central location until they figure out what is happening?

---auburnphan has said very clearly this is exactly the way it happened

(5) JJ should have been fired for horrible men's sports 2 years after a football NC that we've only had 1 of in our previous entire history?

---no way in Hades he gets fired at that point regardless of what crazed "fans" want

(6) the Nameth complaint is someohow an indictment on JJ....

---it was filed well after Corey was fired. Watch her video interview. If you believe anything that girl says after that then you have as big of an axe to grind as she does.  She is very clearly on a mission to destroy someone who was never going to let her play because she wasn't good enough (which she without any evidence whatsoever turned into she wasn't playing because she wasnt sleeping with Corey.... she could face a counter suit for that outright lie)

(7) You blame JJ for this entire event and think he should be fired over it

--- JJ had nothing to do with this event other than firing Corey as soon as there verifiable evidence and firing Clint when the title IX investigation was going to go public even though if you look at all the facts, Clints only wrongdoing was standing up for his son BEFORE any proof came out. 

It astounds me how many proofless and baseless arguments are being made from AU "fans" even though the people on the inside have clearly rebuked them. Some "fans" don't want the truth.  They'd rather ignore prudent facts of the case and take the few bits and pieces they can twist into a witch hunt and harp on those things until they are blue in the face.  It never ceases to amaze 

Edited by FoundationEagle
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And let's make this even more clear:

If Sabah or Urban Meyer or Dabo etc... had an ASSISTANT get caught doing something wrong and they had defended said assistant BEFORE facts came to light to prove said assistant did in fact act inappropriately, would they be fired?  Would their AD be fired?  Would the entire staff along with the entire AD dept be fired?  No?  Then quit using the same reasoning for your witch hunts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boomstick    314

Serious question because I got called out on saying it was illegal and can't find an answer. Is it a federal crime or crime in the state of Alabama to take information from a cell phone without permission? Everything I've found is it's an invasion of privacy, which I believe is a civil matter, but I haven't found anything that shows that it is a crime with jail time as a punishable offense. 

Common sense says it should be a crime (although probably not anything that would cause jail time), but I can't find anything to definitively say it's illegal and someone can be arrested for it.

Edited by boomstick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Serious question because I got called out on saying it was illegal and can't find an answer. Is it a federal crime or crime in the state of Alabama to take information from a cell phone without permission? Everything I've found is it's an invasion of privacy, which I believe is a civil matter, but I haven't found anything that shows that it is a crime with jail time as a punishable offense. 

Common sense says it should be a crime (although probably not anything that would cause jail time), but I can't find anything to definitively say it's illegal and someone can be arrested for it.

Good question. Not sure. 

What's important here is that the woman who told the girls they could be arrested is probably like us. She doesn't 100 percent know either. All she knew is girls stole something, continued to possess said stolen something and the girl it was stolen from (though she likely deserved to have it stolen to bring this to light) was upset and looking for whatever recourse she could find. 

What AU and these girls did not need was to add to the situation by adding criminal and/or civil law cases into the matter.  

What we don't know is the manner in which this was brought up. 

If the woman was screaming at the girls that they are going to prison, she was wrong and should be disciplined (notice I didn't say fired). 

If the woman simply relayed the possibilities that were at hand and suggested the girls delete the pictures to protect themselves (the info had already been shared and everyone was aware of the info by this point) then she was 100 percent right. 

Id guess the truth is somewhere in between. The woman was likely concerend for all parties involved and probably at the same time was worked up and tense and didn't convey the proper tone while addressing the issue.

With both sides anxious, nervous and stressed at the time, the interpretations we get are from both points of view making it highly likely the truth lies in between

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keesler    895

Something makes me want to side with the Administration in this whole thing.  This isn't their first rodeo dealing with difficult, stressful, and volatile situations regarding student-athletes, coaches, and the myriad of "issues" that slap them in the face everyday.  

I have a few nieces within the age group of these softball players - 17-22 yrs old.  My head spins at the trivial crap they stress over and the dramatic fashion in which they choose to express themselves.  They can go from one extreme to another with a wide array of emotions when they get pissed off, offended, in love, out of love, get dumped by a guy, aren't the most popular,  jealous,  become the most popular, excel in athletics, tank in athletics, gain the attention of people in charge, fall out of favor with people in charge, etc....etc....etc....They are easily offended and easily placated for the smallest or the largest of things.

In other words, I lean towards the calm, even tempered, educated and mature adults that are experienced, well versed and sufficiently equipped to handle the eccentricities of teenagers, and college age "kids."

I'm not saying these young girls are lying as I believe there was a toxic atmosphere in our softball team last season.  I'm not saying some of the adults (Corey) didn't make some really poor decisions about his own personal actions.  But beyond Corey/Clint, I believe the Administration did their job and at the end of the day it will be proven that they handled this situation within the established standards and protocol required by AU.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 9:56 AM, steeleagle said:

I agree on most of your points but regarding the players taking down Corey and the player he was involved with, I totally understand the other girls trying anyway possible to get this to stop. What the two did was wrong and unethical, period.

If the players tried more than one way to get it to stop...then I am not going to call them "tattletalers".  These are college girls who are inside the circle of a head coach who is highly successful and evidently somehow protected. I am sure it was not easy for them to deal with this and find a best way to handle this.

I also understand there is going to be some emotional comments made like "pretty girls got to play" that may seem not to be the case, but their base problem of a paid married coach having an affair with a player NEEDED to be corrected no matter how they could get it out there. I give these girls a thumbs up for doing this. 

I am just a little mad that my university athletic dept may have handled it poorly and allowed it to become a media fire storm first...

Let's be clear here. Corey was fired way before any media fire storm ever started.  The media fire storm is from a disgruntled ex player doing what kids are taught to do these days. Sue somebody if you don't get your way and use any info you have on them to burn them as bad as possible so they are blackmailed into giving you your way.   

The administration had handled this months before the media firestorm was brought on by a spurned player.

Clint "retired" likely because the storm coming was unfair to him and the team and he did the right thing by stepping out. If you look at the actual facts we know for sure, his only participation in this whole thing is asking the team to go to bat for Corey BEFORE any facts came out. 

Ill acquiesce to any further proof that comes out, but until then and from what we know all people involved outside of Corey and the one girl acted appropriately until this Nameth lawyered up to try and get her way

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this