Sign in to follow this  
bikeriderga

Weird Recruiting Year thus far

This year is a strange one in the world of recruiting.

Looking at the top teams in recruiting thus far,  it is strange to see only one SEC team in the top ten,  even though there is roughly 5.2 months to go until NSD.

Not unusual for Auburn to be where it is this time of year (we usually close strong), but look how far back Georgia, Alabama, and LSU are.

LSU is at # 12 (somewhat normal).   Auburn at # 23 (kind of normal), Georgia at #24 (not normal), and Bama (a real shocker) is at #28. The only SEC team in the top 10 currently is Tennessee.

Looking at the number of recruits already on board, just seems odd that the top SEC schools are as low down the class rankings as they are.

Kids are just waiting longer to commit nowadays. I know I would unless I got an Auburn offer. 

• Like 1

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Kids are just waiting longer to commit nowadays. I know I would unless I got an Auburn offer. 

:)

But that's just it. Most of the teams have over half of their class filled.

Not that many left on the board. Of course some 5 stars and high 4 stars are delaying their decisions, but not as many as usual.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

:)

But that's just it. Most of the teams have over half of their class filled.

Not that many left on the board. Of course some 5 stars and high 4 stars are delaying their decisions, but not as many as usual.

Guess our targets are waiting lol!

Recruiting usually comes down to the old saying, "It's not how you start, it's how you finish." Hopefully, Auburn will have another strong finish.

Edited by milehighfan

On 8/29/2017 at 0:09 PM, bikeriderga said:

This year is a strange one in the world of recruiting.

Looking at the top teams in recruiting thus far,  it is strange to see only one SEC team in the top ten,  even though there is roughly 5.2 months to go until NSD.

Not unusual for Auburn to be where it is this time of year (we usually close strong), but look how far back Georgia, Alabama, and LSU are.

LSU is at # 12 (somewhat normal).   Auburn at # 23 (kind of normal), Georgia at #24 (not normal), and Bama (a real shocker) is at #28. The only SEC team in the top 10 currently is Tennessee.

Looking at the number of recruits already on board, just seems odd that the top SEC schools are as low down the class rankings as they are.

@bikeriderga, buckle up. It's about to get weirder. 😱

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, AURex said:

Here's another a generic platitude to generate more likes.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Wow! What a great matchup. Coming off their annihilation of LSU, Miss State travels to Athens, GA to do battle with UGA.

UGA has the Vegas line right now, but ya know what? Mis State has a team.

I'm watching this closely, because our boys play both of these teams this season,. and ...... EEEK!

IMG_4603.GIF