Georgia Southern - Weekly Presser

RunInRed

Someone on another site said that Gus said "no suspensions this week" but I did not read that above. Any clue what that is about?

**nevermind. I see the answer in the depth chart thread. rumors Gus is squashing...**

Are there usually this few questions about your actual opponent? I know its the beginning of the season so there are a lot of questions about the team overall but there doesn't appear to be anybody there interested in the game this weekend. 

14 minutes ago, truebluealum said:

Are there usually this few questions about your actual opponent? I know its the beginning of the season so there are a lot of questions about the team overall but there doesn't appear to be anybody there interested in the game this weekend. 

I wouldn't read anything into that, AU fans are more worried about not imploding from within at this point in the year, every year.  :poke:

1 minute ago, truebluealum said:

Don't take offense. With our coach on the hot seat and the release of the actual depth chart today the concentration is not going to be on the opponent. Some of those local reporters asking questions are looking for blood and do not like Gus. 

@RunInRed I greatly appreciate all that all of you do, but is there some way to get mics to the reporters asking questions or at least a better mic to pick up their questions?  It seems like this would be something fairly simple.  I know 90% of time you can guestimate who he is talking about but sometimes it is really hard to tell.  Like the series of questions about some new D Linemen.  Still not sure who all they were asking about.  I think it was Big Cat & TD.  Would be great if there was some way to get reporters to speak up or something.

Thanks for all you do though!

35 minutes ago, truebluealum said:

Even if they did asks he would have answered with a very generic/neutral response.

"Competitive, triple option, seniors on D, play makers on O" something along those lines.

10 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

@RunInRed I greatly appreciate all that all of you do, but is there some way to get mics to the reporters asking questions or at least a better mic to pick up their questions?  It seems like this would be something fairly simple.  I know 90% of time you can guestimate who he is talking about but sometimes it is really hard to tell.  Like the series of questions about some new D Linemen.  Still not sure who all they were asking about.  I think it was Big Cat & TD.  Would be great if there was some way to get reporters to speak up or something.

What's up, not getting your money's worth from the site?? :)

7 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Even if they did asks he would have answered with a very generic/neutral response.

"Competitive, triple option, seniors on D, play makers on O" something along those lines.

That's true, and to be fair it's very hard to talk about an opponent during the first game of the season when you have no film. 

3 hours ago, truebluealum said:

That's true, and to be fair it's very hard to talk about an opponent during the first game of the season when you have no film. 

That's typical Gus talk.  He opens up every presser and mentions the team and talks a little about them and identifies a couple of players then opens up for questions.  There is generally very few questions about the opponent unless it's LSU, UGa, or bama.  With exception of a team here or there or a dynamic player is on the team.  

18 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Someone on another site said that Gus said "no suspensions this week" but I did not read that above. Any clue what that is about?

**nevermind. I see the answer in the depth chart thread. rumors Gus is squashing...**

Rumors that a few players aren't available this week. So a reporter asked. He said "everyone is expected to play." 

I heard Jason Caldwell talk about this on the radio yesterday, and I've seen some other writers mention this comment. It sounds like Gus is playing wordsmith with the phrasing of this comment. 

18 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I would love to hear the reporters questions more clearly but because of what I did for a living as a pilot in the Marine Corps my hearing is not very good these days. I turn the closed caption on but it just shows what Gus says and not what the reporters say. I have to rely on the comments after the presser to find out who they are talking about. It sure would help me if there is some way that this can be corrected. TIA. 

Archived