Pregame Sights & Sounds - AU vs. Georgia Southern

RunInRed

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

I was wondering the same thing...

So does this mean that we don't have enough lockers for our football team?  That seems pretty cheap.  Hope this is addressed in the upcoming reno.  UTx can have stainless with tvs and we have folding chairs.

This is all part of the discussion about our below par facilities. Kinda embarrassing actually 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fredst said:

This is all part of the discussion about our below par facilities. Kinda embarrassing actually 

So how many lockers do we have or these pampered players?   IF it is fewer than 85 I will apologize..

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So how many lockers do we have or these pampered players?   IF it is fewer than 85 I will apologize..

The comment wasn't tongue in cheek at all.  Even if we have 85.  These are metal folding chairs.  Like @bigbird was saying, this is a recruiting thing.  I get what you are saying about they are only in there a few times a year so what's the big deal.  And I get what you are saying about what college XYZ has.  But kids want the latest and greatest things.  They want to be pampered some.  Maybe the 85 have a locker and then everyone else doesn't.  I don't know.  I just think folding chairs in the middle of a multi-million dollar locker room seems cheap.  It is not like they are even nice chairs.  I mean maybe better than Dollar General, but definitely nothing you can't get at Academy.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I am not trying to argue to the Nth degree here but:

1. Auburn University – Historic District, Alabama

The elegant blue and orange carpet that covers the floor gives a sophisticated look to the Auburn University’s locker room. Each locker comes with a nameplate for its owner that describes his name and player number. The wall of the locker room displays large pictures of the previous games and a trophy wall.

Do you really buy this if there are 30 metal folding chairs circled around the AU in the middle of the room?

Haven't been inside in a couple years but I'm pretty sure we have enough lockers for the 85 scholarship players. The ring of chairs is just for those that get to suit up (but wouldn't normally travel with the team).

2 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

The comment wasn't tongue in cheek at all.  Even if we have 85.  These are metal folding chairs.  Like @bigbird was saying, this is a recruiting thing.  I get what you are saying about they are only in there a few times a year so what's the big deal.  And I get what you are saying about what college XYZ has.  But kids want the latest and greatest things.  They want to be pampered some.  Maybe the 85 have a locker and then everyone else doesn't.  I don't know.  I just think folding chairs in the middle of a multi-million dollar locker room seems cheap.  It is not like they are even nice chairs.  I mean maybe better than Dollar General, but definitely nothing you can't get at Academy.

Yeah...the chairs could be better I guess....but consider my link just above and AU listed at #6 on someone's list best locker rooms.  For a game like this AU dresses out walk-ons and probably anyone attending practice. 

Just a question but don't you think that those other schools take pictures that put forth the best image. I still see no problems and I'm betting everyone who has a uniform hanging on  one of those chairs has just seen a wish come true.  

And do you really think that we are losing recruits to Bama or Ga or UF because their locker rooms are so great?

THere is a limit to everything.... even for young football players. JMO

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Yeah...the chairs could be better I guess....but consider my link just above and AU listed at #6 on someone's list best locker rooms.  For a game like this AU dresses out walk-ons and probably anyone attending practice. 

Just a question but don't you think that those other schools take pictures that put forth the best image. I still see no problems and I'm betting everyone who has a uniform hanging on  one of those chairs has just seen a wish come true.  

And do you really think that we are losing recruits to Bama or Ga or UF because their locker rooms are so great?

THere is a limit to everything.... even for young football players. JMO

I don't disagree.  Yes I am sure that they have the locker rooms looking the best they can for the pictures.  I also feel like you in that: 1) the ones coming in looking at a jersey with their name on it probably feel like a dream & 2) if we are losing recruits to locker rooms, then is that the recruit we really want.

Also, likely the kids we are recruiting that we are coming down to other schools are going to have scholarships and likely have a locker.

It still just seems like we should be able to have a locker for all the kids.  If not maybe something a little better than those chairs.

But hey, if the worst thing we have to argue about all season is these damn metal chairs then WDE!!!!!!  :wareagle::wareagle:

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

...2 years ago

OK...that's good...understand ...so who has moved ahead of us in that time ? There are give or take 125 Div 1 schools and at least half that many Power 5 schools and I notice that most of the pre-season top 25 schools are not on that list of top locker rooms.   

JMO but I wish AU rated in the top 10 in our academic standings since that is the primary function of the school.

But as for football ...or any sport....just seems that there is never enough and I'm betting that its a stretch to equate glitzy facilities with achievement on the field.

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...that's good...understand ...so who has moved ahead of us in that time ? There are give or take 125 Div 1 schools and at least half that many Power 5 schools and I notice that most of the pre-season top 25 schools are not on that list of top locker rooms.   

JMO but I wish AU rated in the top 10 in our academic standings since that is the primary function of the school.

But as for football ...or any sport....just seems that there is never enough and I'm betting that its a stretch to equate glitzy facilities with achievement on the field.

Hilarious. Like saying the primary focus of the hospital is the quality of care. BTW, it is not.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hilarious. Like saying the primary focus of the hospital is the quality of care. BTW, it is not.

This would be kinda funny if it weren't 100% correct.

Archived