Pregame Sights & Sounds - AU vs. Georgia Southern

RunInRed

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, fredst said:

This would be kinda funny if it weren't 100% correct.

Trust me, being in healthcare administration for several years as a DON and administrator.....I know.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

So, is there a lottery for lockers or a round robin double elimination pin the tail on the donkey challenge that determines who gets one?

lol so frickin true................

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

My gosh...we spend a fortune on the football program and it's gonna kill some guys to sit in regular chairs 6 or 7 times a year?  We have something like 110 players on the roster.....and 85 scholarship positions I guess.....so maybe they get the lockers?  

Maybe that was a tongue in cheek comment but I really don't care what UTx has....can spend their money however they like but unless there is a bottomless pit of money for AU athletics, might want to look for projects that have more beneficiaries....JMO.

I know what you mean 64 but times have changed. It really is an embarrassment when other recruits go to the Power 5 lockers and see what they see. You really want a top recruit to see one of our starters seating on a metal chair putting on his uniform. That makes an impression just the way it is now a days. Plus JJ promise to correct a few years ago..................

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

Trust me, being in healthcare administration for several years as a DON and administrator.....I know.

As a practicing surgeon, I know very well also, lol.

Very excited to be making our first trek down from Indianapolis to Auburn on Game Day!  

We've been to campus numerous times, including the A-Day Game in 2016, but never for a regular season game.  My wife and I are Indiana grads but both had good friends that went to Auburn in the early 90s so we are as passionate about Auburn as we are IU...and let's face it, Auburn football is a helluva lot more exciting to watch.

So, I'm wondering what you all would recommend as far as non-tailgate parking options for us.  We have two of our kids with us (9 and 11) and we are planning on raiding Tiger Rags at some point.  But having never experienced campus on Game Day I'm just not sure where we should be looking to park.  A local here in Prattville suggested the Tiger Shuttle out of Opelika, which has some advantages, but not sure if that's the best option for us.

Looking forward to another great visit to campus tomorrow and our first "real" game at Jordan-Hare!

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

Very excited to be making our first trek down from Indianapolis to Auburn on Game Day!  

We've been to campus numerous times, including the A-Day Game in 2016, but never for a regular season game.  My wife and I are Indiana grads but both had good friends that went to Auburn in the early 90s so we are as passionate about Auburn as we are IU...and let's face it, Auburn football is a helluva lot more exciting to watch.

So, I'm wondering what you all would recommend as far as non-tailgate parking options for us.  We have two of our kids with us (9 and 11) and we are planning on raiding Tiger Rags at some point.  But having never experienced campus on Game Day I'm just not sure where we should be looking to park.  A local here in Prattville suggested the Tiger Shuttle out of Opelika, which has some advantages, but not sure if that's the best option for us.

Looking forward to another great visit to campus tomorrow and our first "real" game at Jordan-Hare!

I'd say it's largely dependent on when you expect to arrive in Auburn. Taking the shuttle from the mall or Tiger Town shopping center isn't a bad deal. Personally, I usually park either in or around the Hayfields OR we park around the facilities buildings/"community gardens" area.

17-gameday-map-082917.jpg

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

If you plan on visiting Toomer's Corner, I would try to get there early enough to get one of the parking spaces beside the Methodist Church or the Catholic church along Magnolia or Gay. We park on the exact opposite side of campus, but there is no shopping where we are. We also used to park up around the around Samford and College and along Garden Street. It's been 2-3 years, so I don't know if it is still allowed. Oh, yeah, there is a church coming in on College Street before you get to campus, I think it is a Church of Christ. They have parking and you take a short cut through to the Hill dorms. Not too bad of a walk. Good thing your kids are a little older and you won't have to carry them! Have a great time and enjoy the game. I was impressed with IU last night. I guess you just couldn't keep that tempo up. You will have a good year, I am sure. War Eagle!

17 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

If you plan on visiting Toomer's Corner, I would try to get there early enough to get one of the parking spaces beside the Methodist Church or the Catholic church along Magnolia or Gay. We park on the exact opposite side of campus, but there is no shopping where we are. We also used to park up around the around Samford and College and along Garden Street. It's been 2-3 years, so I don't know if it is still allowed. Oh, yeah, there is a church coming in on College Street before you get to campus, I think it is a Church of Christ. They have parking and you take a short cut through to the Hill dorms. Not too bad of a walk. Good thing your kids are a little older and you won't have to carry them! Have a great time and enjoy the game. I was impressed with IU last night. I guess you just couldn't keep that tempo up. You will have a good year, I am sure. War Eagle!

@Indy

I agree park in one of the Church parking lots.  Check out tiger rags but I like J&M more.  If you get down for lunch try Momma Goldberg ... get the momma's love steamed with nachos.

Make sure to be in the south side of the stadium 2 hours before kickoff.  The kids will enjoy Tiger Walk. 

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Tiger Rags has moved out to the old Winn-Dixie shopping center across from the Duck Samford in the past few months. Not sure if everyone was aware of their move.

By the time y'all settle the discussion about the current locker room the construction of the new one will be complete.  It will be in place for next season and will be at least 16,000 square feet.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/04/renderings_of_auburns_28_milli.html

Thx for all of the helpful replies.  

Definitely remember the location of the churches, so that's certainly a viable option.  We will probably try to get to campus between noon-1pm, grab lunch (Momma Goldberg's). part with a lot of cash at Tiger Rags, and take our annual stroll around campus.  Not only do we love it, but the boys love it too, so we won't get too much complaining from them. Definitely plan on being around the stadium for Tiger Walk as well, which I'm assuming will be around 5 or 5:30

And the weather looks beautiful, so we should have many opportunities to take some amazing pics again.  IU-Bloomington was recently voted as one of the top 15 prettiest campus in America ... and we think Auburn is worthy of being in that category as well.  Looking forward to a great day on campus and a big win tonight.  War Eagle!

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Definitely remember the location of the churches, so that's certainly a viable option.  We will probably try to get to campus between noon-1pm, grab lunch (Momma Goldberg's). part with a lot of cash at Tiger Rags, and take our annual stroll around campus.  Not only do we love it, but the boys love it too, so we won't get too much complaining from them. Definitely plan on being around the stadium for Tiger Walk as well, which I'm assuming will be around 5 or 5:30

And the weather looks beautiful, so we should have many opportunities to take some amazing pics again.  IU-Bloomington was recently voted as one of the top 15 prettiest campus in America ... and we think Auburn is worthy of being in that category as well.  Looking forward to a great day on campus and a big win tonight.  War Eagle!

Indy, did you see my post on Tiger Rags moving? If you park on campus you'll have to drive back  out to the old Winn-Dixie shopping center across from Duck Samford to visit Tiger Rags now.

54 minutes ago, Indy said:

Tiger Walk is two hours to kick off, I believe. There should be a pre-game schedule floating around somewhere. 

So glad y'all are making it down for the game. Have fun and War Eagle!

1 hour ago, CR said:

Indy, did you see my post on Tiger Rags moving? If you park on campus you'll have to drive back  out to the old Winn-Dixie shopping center across from Duck Samford to visit Tiger Rags now.

Yes ... thank you.  We were aware it had moved (I order way too much stuff online from them) and it works out even better because we can hit that store and stash everything in the car when we park, rather than park, walk, and have to go back to the car.

15 hours ago, fredst said:

As a practicing surgeon, I know very well also, lol.

No kidding. Seems like administrators have forgotten w/o physicians they would have no job. 

4 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

No kidding. Seems like administrators have forgotten w/o physicians they would have no job. 

Definitely have very divergent goals often times. Oh well. And, I have no idea what my posts have to do with game day, lol. My apologies to the board :whistle:

Archived