AU vs Georgia Southern - Wednesday Presser

gr82b4au

Can AUStudent23 or PassTheBiscuits please shed any light on this??? Are we dealing with another Carl Lawson situation with coaches hiding the seriousness of the injury again or do we have nothing to worry about?

should be fun watching Mr. Coe show his moves. I think he is going to be in the same league as  Mr. Lawson in the not too distant future.

10 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Can AUStudent23 or PassTheBiscuits please shed any light on this??? Are we dealing with another Carl Lawson situation with coaches hiding the seriousness of the injury again or do we have nothing to worry about?

Just a precaution. Knee sprain still day to day. He could play and might on week 1, but they are trying to make sure he is 100% for Clempson and going forward.

12 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Just a precaution. Knee sprain still day to day. He could play and might on week 1, but they are trying to make sure he is 100% for Clempson and going forward.

Thanks PTB! That gives me a bit of relief. What is the recovery time generally for a knee sprain? 

44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not your average freshman. I've heard very good things about him and big cat as well

Well Coe is a RS, so that makes sense that's he not like an average freshman.

51 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Thanks PTB! That gives me a bit of relief. What is the recovery time generally for a knee sprain? 

Think Sean white last year (I know, I know, yes that's a bad thing). It really depends on the individual. It hurts and never really stops unless the player is off of it completely. We usually have no cuts on the knee for a couple weeks then start moving laterally. He might not be 100% for some time. That's why if he stays off the knee as long as possible the better.  It comes down to the player's tolerance and how much he trusts the knee to do what he needs to do. It's not uncommon that at the end of the season the player may decide to have an arthroscopic procedure to clean up the damage. 

Long answer to simple question...but hope it helps.

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Think Sean white last year (I know, I know, yes that's a bad thing). It really depends on the individual. It hurts and never really stops unless the player is off of it completely. We usually have no cuts on the knee for a couple weeks then start moving laterally. He might not be 100% for some time. That's why if he stays off the knee as long as possible the better.  It comes down to the player's tolerance and how much he trusts the knee to do what he needs to do. It's not uncommon that at the end of the season the player may decide to have an arthroscopic procedure to clean up the damage. 

Long answer to simple question...but hope it helps.

So if he doesn't play at all Saturday there's still no chance that he will be back to 100% for Clemson? We all know Marlon plays with reckless abandonment and hopefully he is in good shape to go against Clemson.

Just now, WFE12 said:

So if he doesn't play at all Saturday there's still no chance that he will be back to 100% for Clemson? We all know Marlon plays with reckless abandonment and hopefully he is in good shape to go against Clemson.

That's as much as we know at the moment, or as much that has been allowed by the player and/or coaches. I hope he's good to go too. 

4 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

That's as much as we know at the moment, or as much that has been allowed by the player and/or coaches. I hope he's good to go too. 

Man I hate this secretive crap but I guess you can't give all info away. That nagging worrying feeling is starting to come on. Made it seem like it was just fine and here this is. No one else has a possible lingering injury right?

Can Nick provide enough of a threat so that our entire pass rush doesn't die when OLs double team Derrick Brown? Because that's exactly what happened to Monty when Lawson was out.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Man I hate this secretive crap but I guess you can't give all info away. That nagging worrying feeling is starting to come on. Made it seem like it was just fine and here this is. No one else has a possible lingering injury right?

If you were the head coach and your star defensive player sprained his knee a few weeks back and your first opponent was Georgia Southern but in your second week you have to travel to the home of the defending national champion, would you rest him for the 1st one to ensure he's 100% against Clemson or would you play him? Consider that your first opponent has an offensive philosophy built on cut blocks. Also it's worth mentioning that the man filling in for Davidson has been labeled a 'freak of nature' and Kevin Steele went as far as to say that the redshirt freshman "has a very high skill set." Nick Coe has obviously busted his tail to get to this point so I'm more excited about his prospects starting in the first game of his young career than I am disappointed that Marlon is possibly gonna be held out against Georgia Southern. If I were the head coach, my star defensive player would be standing on the sidelines with me in that first one.

Coe may start the rest of the season over marlon . As much as I love marlon, coe may go crazy in there. What a duo to deal with if your an offensive line.... also holland lost about 200 sacks last year due to over pursuit. those 3 plus Paul James .. holy bananas guys 

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Coe may start the rest of the season over marlon . As much as I love marlon, coe may go crazy in there. What a duo to deal with if your an offensive line.... also holland lost about 200 sacks last year due to over pursuit. those 3 plus Paul James .. holy bananas guys 

Over pursuit was a constant theme last year. If Holland and Lawson had broken down a little earlier both of their sack totals would have gone up.  When you are going full bore it is very important that you control your rush so that you can contain than sack. Easier said than done.

I am fine with this for GA Southern and there should be no reason that Marlon should have to play against GSU.  If Marlon misses the Clemson game, then I will be very concerned that Marlon's injury is Lawson being "day to day" Part 2.  

wde

I agree that recovery is never a specific time frame but there is absolutely nothing that I have heard from anyone in Auburn that leads me to believe that Davidson will be ready for Clemson. 

Everything is rumors but no one has told me he is running on his knee yet. 

He is not going to go from walking with a limp to class to 100% in a week. 

Archived