AU vs Georgia Southern - Wednesday Presser

gr82b4au

Worst case for game 1, we have an inexperienced back-up in Coe getting a full game's worth of reps before the Clemson game.  If Marlon is held out completely for game 1, that means Big Cat and/or T.D. get some good reps too as Coe's back-up.  Nothing to worry about in my opinion.  Let's rest up who we can.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Coe may start the rest of the season over marlon . As much as I love marlon, coe may go crazy in there. What a duo to deal with if your an offensive line.... also holland lost about 200 sacks last year due to over pursuit. those 3 plus Paul James .. holy bananas guys 

If Coe is even almost as good as Marlon in year 1, then I will be both surprised and ecstatic. Marlon is the best DE we've had in 10 years or more, with a chance to be the best DL period since I don't know when. 

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

Can Nick provide enough of a threat so that our entire pass rush doesn't die when OLs double team Derrick Brown? Because that's exactly what happened to Monty when Lawson was out.

Coe and Davidson play the opposite DE to what Lawson played. Maybe your concern should be more on Holland and James?

Obviously it would be nice to get a pass rush out of the bigger DEs as well.

8 hours ago, TigerWar said:

If you were the head coach and your star defensive player sprained his knee a few weeks back and your first opponent was Georgia Southern but in your second week you have to travel to the home of the defending national champion, would you rest him for the 1st one to ensure he's 100% against Clemson or would you play him? Consider that your first opponent has an offensive philosophy built on cut blocks. Also it's worth mentioning that the man filling in for Davidson has been labeled a 'freak of nature' and Kevin Steele went as far as to say that the redshirt freshman "has a very high skill set." Nick Coe has obviously busted his tail to get to this point so I'm more excited about his prospects starting in the first game of his young career than I am disappointed that Marlon is possibly gonna be held out against Georgia Southern. If I were the head coach, my star defensive player would be standing on the sidelines with me in that first one.

I completely understand and agree with this, I was just upset because I thought he was 100% ready to go. Now that I see he's not it is optimal to not have him play of course. I'm anxious to see what Coe can do too.

"Steele says the key with defending the triple option offense in practice is having the scout team offense run it without a ball. #MGMAuburn

4:26 PM - 30 Aug 2017"

Cool!

4 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Steele says the key with defending the triple option offense in practice is having the scout team offense run it without a ball. #MGMAuburn

4:26 PM - 30 Aug 2017"

Cool!

Cause it don't matter who has the ball if you tackle them all.

Archived